Poll: $3,000,000 USD or your one true love?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Alright here is the catch you have 1 calendar year to commit 3 acts of bravery, and by bravery, that means within a 12 month period of time you have to commit 3 acts that put, your body and livelihood at personal risk for someone else.

At the end of the 3 Acts of Bravery, you get either 3 million or You will be introduced to your own one true love, yin to your yang, soul mate kind of deal yes this is by perhap other worldly means.

So what 3 acts of bravery would you do?

Also what reward would you pick?

(Oh and you have to do all 3 acts, no doing part of it and getting part of the cash, you get all 3 done or you get nothing)
    Why does bravery have to be selfless? You're describing acts of heroism not bravery. I suggest you edit your post as follows:

Alright here is the catch you have 1 calendar year to commit 3 acts of bravery, and by bravery, that means within a 12 month period of time you have to commit 3 acts that put, your body and livelihood at personal risk for someone else or in order to spread chaos and suffering.

At the end of the 3 Acts of Bravery, you get either 3 million or You will be introduced to your own one true love, yin to your yang, soul mate kind of deal yes this is by perhap other worldly means.

So what 3 acts of bravery would you do?

Also what reward would you pick?

(Oh and you have to do all 3 acts, no doing part of it and getting part of the cash, you get all 3 done or you get nothing)
    Thus not locking out the evil aligned posters. That said, 3 million easy; though only if I were planning to spread said chaos anyway. Not worth going out of my way for 3 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Money, all the way. I believe Tim Minchin best explains why.

Haha, love that one. It's all comes down to approximation and frankly I question if there is even the perfect one. There might be the least flawed one, but imho at some point close is close enough and you won't notice a difference anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    He fetishises the gathering of information is my guess. All of his polls are always public as well. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he is some account used for polling this forum's population to release some garbage study one day.
    Haha garbage study one day, is that what you fear?

The polls are just points of ponder interest, a way to share ideas, and discuss topics, from interesting, to fun. The polls are public as to be transparent, you can see there are votes there, not just some inflated number.

It's really not complicated or painful, and compared to other threads started not very controversial or ultra serious. I have said it before and I will say it again these polls or threads by me have no agenda, and there is nothing to be gained besides participation and facilitating discussion.

I honestly can't imagine anything beyond that for finding these useful, in terms of Data Collection. But go ahead go through my History, none of the polls I made or threads have ever been anything of a ultra serious nature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    Why does bravery have to be selfless? You're describing acts of heroism not bravery. I suggest you edit your post as follows:
    Splitting hairs Hero's tend to be brave but not every act of bravery is Heroic, you are being brave for a price specifically spelled out, you aren't doing it out of the kindness of who you are

Thus not locking out the evil aligned posters. That said, 3 million easy; though only if I were planning to spread said chaos anyway. Not worth going out of my way for 3 mil.
    Well I suppose if you felt spreading chaos is brave, but it isn't. That is simply called insanity.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    The question I wonder is,
    Why does "true love" HAVE to be reciprocated in order to exist? You mean to tell me there can't be just "one" person in-love, for it to be actually love?
    Yes. /10char

Well I suppose if you felt spreading chaos is brave, but it isn't. That is simply called insanity.
    The bravery isn't in the chaos, it's in putting one's self in harms way. It's just for an ideal other than righteousness that the chaos part should be added. I feel it's unfair to only give to choice to those who were brave for the ideals you find are important. Heck, just let it be an morally unaligned series of survival games and let everyone in on it.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Indeed it is, but lack of money can destroy anything - including absolute true love.

That's just the reality of the world. We aren't talking about fantasies or fiction here - talking about the real world.

In the real world - money is the third most important thing in existence after water and air, that's just the facts of the situation.

Lack of air and water can destroy true love, why not lack of money.
    Your avatar is an actual photo of you, isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    The bravery isn't in the chaos, it's in putting one's self in harms way. It's just for an ideal other than righteousness that the chaos part should be added. I feel it's unfair to only give to choice to those who were brave for the ideals you find are important. Heck, just let it be an morally unaligned series of survival games and let everyone in on it.
    Chaos is insanity and their by any other definition along with it is the same thing. Chaos for a purpose isn't actually chaos. There is nothing brave in burning everything down when you have nothing on the line or stake in anything that goes with it including yourself, again that is insane. Probably as close to evil as one can actually get.

Because it is the Anti life position, no agenda, no motive, no big red guy with horns or what character.

I think what you are hinting on is a deeper application of good, such as We killed such and such, to put down Evil or the Enemy, that really isn't GOOD either, so there is nothing brave about simply harming or killing or destroying someone else.

That is where the confusion is

If I had to give an Example

Martin Luther King Jr
    Ghandi

These people are willing to die for their beliefs to do something to help others besides themselves.

Not the same as what you would kill for again what you would kill for means something someone else has to give up.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Already have my love. Commit the three acts. Claim no reward. What kind of scumbag pretends to be a hero for their greed.
    How many times have you risked your life for someone you don't know?

But I suppose in your world it's better to make millions through underhandedness or exploitation...but helping people is evil!

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    How many times have you risked your life for someone you don't know?

But I suppose in your world it's better to make millions through underhandedness or exploitation...but helping people is evil!
    How often do such opportunities come up? I think the main problem with the premise of this is that it would be incredibly difficult to find a reliable way to find 3 opportunities for 3 acts of bravery in a year.

There are plenty of people who would put themselves into danger for a stranger, despite no tangible reward. But most people don't have a chance to do it.

3M really isn't that much, in all seriousness. Well, to me at least, but I am in a high paying career field. That said, I've also outlived my true love as well, being a widower to a wondrous and truly lovely woman. If I could defy death and reclaim her, there is no amount of money that I wouldn't trade for her return to me, if even for a single day...

True love is, by far, superior to money by contrast... Wealth and power, though, are sweet anodyne for heartache...

Considering I couldn't meet a woman if I had $100 bills sticking out of my zipper and to find that "true love" you need a ton of money anyways I'd go with the money. Sure you may not meet them, but at least you won't be poor waiting for them to show up.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Your avatar is an actual photo of you, isn't it?
    Until the universe updated my display model - yeah.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Eh, 3 mill seems pretty fucking low tbh, money buys nice shit, not happiness.

There are no such things as ONE true love, so money.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    You'd be happy too if you didn't have to worry about bills and then could leisurely find out what gives you happiness.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

You should experiment, get rid of everything in your life that is purchased with money. Food, housing, internet etc and see if you feel more or less happy.

I would pick my one true love.

Are you crazy? That's like 18 million DKK. You could live comfortably of the interest on that for the rest of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Are you crazy? That's like 18 million DKK. You could live comfortably of the interest on that for the rest of your life.
    That depends on who you are and what you consider "living comfortably."

Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    That depends on who you are and what you consider "living comfortably."
    I know right, us billionaires have spent more money on single cars than this silly peasant poll offers. Am I right?!