Looks like Trump's Tax plan is going to screw over the coal industry, leading to job lost.

Unions and republicans have never gotten along with each other. They should of know better than to vote for him.

Source

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Looks like Trump's Tax plan is going to screw over the coal industry, leading to job lost.

Unions and republicans have never gotten along with each other. They should of know better than to vote for him.

Source
    At this point the bill might fuck over everyone and everything, considering the amount of holes and omissions the pile of sharpie-covered glorified toilet paper has.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    So does this belong here?

So we are at the point the President is contemplating a secret police force that only answer to him with no accountability to anyone else, to root out his enemies.
    I just . . . can't believe we're already at this stage of the Facist Playbook. I mean, this is literally how the Gestapo was formed.
    Last edited by cubby; 2017-12-06 at 04:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, let's talk about the latest division in the GOP.

So Mitt Romney is floating the idea of a Senate run, in Utah of course, if Orin Hatch retires. Orin Hatch is the most senior Senator Utah ever had.

Romney has also criticized Roy Moore, saying, well, basically what everyone else has said. One such example is "Roy Moore in the US Senate would be a stain on the GOP and on the nation. Leigh Corfman and other victims are courageous heroes. No vote, no majority is worth losing our honor, our integrity."

And, well, Bannon took offense to this. At a Moore rally, he personally went after Romney, saying he hid on a mission in France while others were dying in Vietnam.

First of all, Bannon miiiiiiiiiiiight have forgotten Trump hid behind student deferments and mythical bone spurs. So regardless of any other context, this was a stupid fucking thing to say.

But then, when other Utah people saw Romney being attacked for his religion, they did not care for that. Hatch, in particular, was livid.

"Steve Bannon's attacks on Governor Romney and his service are disappointing and unjustified. Mitt is a close personal friend, an honest leader, a great American, and someone who has sought every opportunity possible to serve our country. I also resent anyone attacking any persons religious views, but particularly our own Christian LDS faith and the selfless service of missionary work."

Fine-tuned machine, ladies and gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Actually, we are seeing some corroboration. WaPo, for example, has multiple administration officials confirming it.

Now, again, this is literal browncoat Nazi shit. I'm not ready to buy "it was Kelly's idea". Plus, well, we might not even know if it happened. But -- and we've all been down this road before -- the simple nature of Trump's administration is, these reports cannot be flat-out dismissed as impossible. Not anymore. The best people can say is "I doubt it" which I am saying.
    That's not corroboration for what's talked about in this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Use link to post for the quoted story
    which is what I assumed was what was talked about when the secret police was mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    That's not corroboration for what's talked about in this post:
    I appear to have linked the wrong story. That's an entirely unrelated matter. My bad.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    So, let's talk about the latest division in the GOP.

So Mitt Romney is floating the idea of a Senate run, in Utah of course, if Orin Hatch retires. Orin Hatch is the most senior Senator Utah ever had.

Romney has also criticized Roy Moore, saying, well, basically what everyone else has said. One such example is "Roy Moore in the US Senate would be a stain on the GOP and on the nation. Leigh Corfman and other victims are courageous heroes. No vote, no majority is worth losing our honor, our integrity."

And, well, Bannon took offense to this. At a Moore rally, he personally went after Romney, saying he hid on a mission in France while others were dying in Vietnam.

First of all, Bannon miiiiiiiiiiiight have forgotten Trump hid behind student deferments and mythical bone spurs. So regardless of any other context, this was a stupid fucking thing to say.

But then, when other Utah people saw Romney being attacked for his religion, they did not care for that. Hatch, in particular, was livid.

"Steve Bannon's attacks on Governor Romney and his service are disappointing and unjustified. Mitt is a close personal friend, an honest leader, a great American, and someone who has sought every opportunity possible to serve our country. I also resent anyone attacking any persons religious views, but particularly our own Christian LDS faith and the selfless service of missionary work."

Fine-tuned machine, ladies and gentlemen.
    It would be interesting to have Romney in the Senate - he should win the Utah election solidly if Hatch retires.

I still think the overall muted response to Moore is just so he can win the election, then get dismissed by McConnell, have the AL Governor appoint a new GOP person to the seat, have another special election, with the added benefit that Jones can't run again, because of the Sore Loser Law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Word on the street is that a 2019 recession is in the cards.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Well yeah... the tax bills as they stand will destroy the housing market. It'll be 2008 all over again. But remember, Trump said that it was a good thing, because he could buy realestate cheap.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Canada scraps plan to buy US Boeing jets, buys from Australia instead. Cites Trump's policies as the reason why.
    He's the deal master, so much so that Canada is so confused that they don't want to do deals with him thanks to how not SMRT they are..

Wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Well yeah... the tax bills as they stand will destroy the housing market. It'll be 2008 all over again. But remember, Trump said that it was a good thing, because he could buy realestate cheap.
    As much as something horrible like that would be I can only hope Trump is around for that so the very hammer of every single market coming down on him would make him look even more like the incompetent butt fumble that he is.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Just in time for TEH LIBRULZ to swoop in and save Trump supporters and conservatives from themselves... Again...

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I just . . . can't believe we're already at this stage of the Facist Playbook. I mean, this is literally how the Gestapo was formed.
    At the very least the gestapo was cuasi competent on their fascism. I cant imagine Mango Twitler to pull that off

- - - Updated - - -

They will blame the democrats for this one
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    As much as something horrible like that would be I can only hope Trump is around for that so the very hammer of every single market coming down on him would make him look even more like the incompetent butt fumble that he is.
    But again, he (Trump) said that the economic recession was a good thing since he could buy property cheap. All he'll do next time is say that everyone should do the same and if we don't it's our own fault.

Full disclosure... I did buy my house at the bottom of the housing market last time.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    At the very least the gestapo was cuasi competent on their fascism. I cant imagine Mango Twitler to pull that off
    The problem is that Cheeto won't be in charge, it will be Himler, and Blackstone's CEO is insanely awesome, in a Gestapo way.

They will blame the democrats for this one
    And their ignorant base will eat it up. While they pay more taxes and die off from lack of healthcare.

He's been pushing that "flood of crime" angle since this whole Moore thing started.

Actually that sounds exactly like the episode of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air where Uncle Phil was running against George Jefferson for being a judge and Jefferson made a commercial that sounds eerily similar to what Trump is pushing right now.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    CNN lays out the case that Trump's twitter feed has been stolen.

Why? Because it's on topic and coherent.

10+ Year Old Account
    CNN lays out the case that Trump's twitter feed has been stolen.

Why? Because it's on topic and coherent.
    More than likely that one of his lawyers smashed his tiny fingers with a hammer after he incriminated himself, and is currently unable to type.
    The swelling will reduce sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Just in time for TEH LIBRULZ to swoop in and save Trump supporters and conservatives from themselves... Again...
    And then complain when it doesn't get fixed fast enough

10+ Year Old Account
    In a recent interview, Nikki Haley said along the lines of "Oh don't worry about the calls to evacuate Jerusalem, that's just for US employees. There's nothing for civilians to be worried about due to our direct words and actions."

"So, I assume the US Olympic Team is going to South Korea?"

"Let's not go overboard!"