Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    Nothing Antifa is just a paid group by the DNC because they are salty they lost meant to cause uproar and trouble a bunch of basement dwellers who only are coming out to see the sun for first time in months because they are getting paid allowing them to buy more Cheetos and fedoras.
    Antifa is a set of groups internationally not a US thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    It's so transparent that Milo and other provocateurs are trying to cause these protests and riots. It's about time authorities send him a bill.

Milo Yiannopoulos and his promoters will be billed at least $50k by Victoria Police for protests

Right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos and his promoters will be slapped with a bill of at least $50,000 to cover the cost of the police numbers required to handle violent protests outside his shows in Melbourne. Hundreds of left and right-wing protesters gathered in front of the Melbourne Pavilion on Racecourse Road and Stubbs Street, Kensington on Monday night where they faced off and fought with sticks.

Milo's response to police on Twitter.
    Milo doesnt have to pay shit, and I hope he does not pay a dime. Most of the police are worthless cunts. They don't deserve a cent for their shitty work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unsurprising, as the Victoria Police are essentially nothing more than an arm of the State Revenue Office in Victoria.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    If Milo gets billed, I would literally go to one of his events in America and start riot and risk jail time just to see him get stuck with the bill.
    So, you get a criminal record and he gets... effectively no punishment because his promoters would just up the appearance fees to cover the potential fines? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Um is this YOUR Twitter @Slacker76 or is this supposed to be Milo's Twitter? Either way its suspended.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't have freedom of speech. We arrest and charge racist c#$ts. Glad they did it.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Yep. No protesters = no police. Milo went there to speak, not to cause physical harm and damage. Bill the protesters, they caused the mess.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Your inability to control your fists is no one's problem but your own. You pay for your own fists damage.
    I often find myself disagreeing with Tota, but not in this case. This can easily be used to silence views that someone disagrees with. "Hey, I'm gonna threaten this guy I don't like so he doesn't come to my town and say words I don't like!" That doesn't work? "I'm gonna threaten physical violence and destruction of property and force the police to work harder to prevent it, and they'll pass the bill to the guy I don't like, so he'll cancel his talk! Yay I win!" They've gotten to this point.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Disagree with it, Police are there to protect and serve. Protesters made the Police presence needed because of the history with people getting violent over things they don't agree with. (Which mind you, people need to learn to keep their hands to themselves and protest something in a peaceful manner) The Police are not some private security company. Is it fair to then start charging everywhere else for all the services they provide? No.
    Agreed entirely. Look beyond the dogmatic "left is only view that matters" / "right is the only view that matters" and put politics aside. People protested out of their own volition. And like the guy next guy said. It's an interesting precedent (and in my opinion a dangerous and totally backwards one).

Awesome, so now if someone I don't like is going to try to hold some sort of speech then I just need to create a large enough protest/riot so that the expenses put on them by the government persuades them not to hold the event in the first place. Hooray!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Add to the fact it's been around in semi-organized form in the US since the 70s.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I often find myself disagreeing with Tota, but not in this case. This can easily be used to silence views that someone disagrees with. "Hey, I'm gonna threaten this guy I don't like so he doesn't come to my town and say words I don't like!" That doesn't work? "I'm gonna threaten physical violence and destruction of property and force the police to work harder to prevent it, and they'll pass the bill to the guy I don't like, so he'll cancel his talk! Yay I win!" They've gotten to this point.
    That's not what's going on though.

He's not really speaking, he's trolling.

There's a plethora of people speaking the views of "the right" and not generating riots. He's choosing to do things in a way that incite these reactions.

If Che Guevara was resurrected as a Bernie Bro and started some trolly stuff, the same would apply to "the left."

Quote Originally Posted by Kolbjorn View Post
    That's not what's going on though.

He's not really speaking, he's trolling.

There's a plethora of people speaking the views of "the right" and not generating riots. He's choosing to do things in a way that incite these reactions.

If Che Guevara was resurrected as a Bernie Bro and started some trolly stuff, the same would apply to "the left."
    I really see that as irrelevant. The fact that there are so many people out there who can't stand hearing opinions they disagree with without becoming physically violent may make it easier for this guy to get his jollies. I get it, this guy is a troll. We've been dealing with trolls since kindergarden, we should know how to handle them by now. But this isn't about him. This is about the tactic of using violence to silence talk you don't like. People who cannot abide political talk they're opposed to have found a new tactic in this. If public speakers of any kind have to be afraid of being charged tens of thousands of dollars by local police to be able to give their speeches, then free speech as a whole is in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Well theres Antifa in other countries that are militant groups that are armed and fighting for freedom..

and there is US antifa which look like Twitchcon's reddit gathering.

I really see that as irrelevant. The fact that there are so many people out there who can't stand hearing opinions they disagree with without becoming physically violent may make it easier for this guy to get his jollies. I get it, this guy is a troll. We've been dealing with trolls since kindergarden, we should know how to handle them by now. But this isn't about him. This is about the tactic of using violence to silence talk you don't like. People who cannot abide political talk they're opposed to have found a new tactic in this. If public speakers of any kind have to be afraid of being charged tens of thousands of dollars by local police to be able to give their speeches, then free speech as a whole is in danger.
    Eh, to make a "free speech is in danger" argument, you'd need to demonstrate that people are protesting most... or even more than a few right-wing speakers. They aren't. It isn't the speech they're blocking, it's the idiocy/trolling of a few trolls.

You know how "the right" likes to make a big thing about personal responsibility? Security isn't free. These guys can't expect everyone else to subsidize their trollfest.

And I don't like the precedent it sends when someone can just come here and incite people and absolve himself of responsibility when he knows full well the outcome of the event he is hosting/talking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolbjorn View Post
    Eh, to make a "free speech is in danger" argument, you'd need to demonstrate that people are protesting most... or even more than a few right-wing speakers. They aren't. It isn't the speech they're blocking, it's the idiocy/trolling of a few trolls.

You know how "the right" likes to make a big thing about personal responsibility? Security isn't free. These guys can't expect everyone else to subsidize their trollfest.
    Again you're putting the onus on the speaker(s). No matter how inflammatory the speaker is, people have a personal responsibility, as you put it, to be civil. Them losing their heads, rioting, damaging property, or even just threatening to, is never acceptable and can and has been weaponized. Literally nothing this man or anyone else says can justify resorting to physical violence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenoathcarn View Post
    And I don't like the precedent it sends when someone can just come here and incite people and absolve himself of responsibility when he knows full well the outcome of the event he is hosting/talking at.
    See my response to Kolbjorn above.

Again you're putting the onus on the speaker(s). No matter how inflammatory the speaker is, people have a personal responsibility, as you put it, to be civil. Them losing their heads, rioting, damaging property, or even just threatening to, is never acceptable and can and has been weaponized. Literally nothing this man or anyone else says can justify resorting to physical violence.
    Sure. But in the real world, the violence that he intentionally incites does happen. Should people be bigger? Yeah, they should. And they (sometimes) get arrested for it, as they should.

But having those police at the event costs money (and draws them away from their normal job). And it should not be the responsibility of local homeowners/businesses to pay additional taxes so some troll can choose their neighborhood for his riot.

See, the actual police departments have a budget, and they have to plan/act things out in the real world, not some fantasyland where they get free money and officers. If Milo wants to be a troll, he can pay for it, or he can learn from someone like Mike Pence, who says all the same things, but by using different words and imagery, doesn't generate riots.

See my response to Kolbjorn above.
    As far as being an inflammatory speaker, you might be able to dodge the legal repercussions for this, but if you have the power to diffuse situations like violent protestin then you have the moral obligation to do so.

You are correct in that nothing can justify resorting to physical violence, however if you can stop the risk all together you sure as shit should try.

I concede to Kenoathcarn and Kolbjorn. I hadn't considered the police budget and the burden on the taxpayer. If this man was actually there to have a discussion it'd be different, but he's just a troll.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then police in Hamburg should had charged those hipsters who rioted. Oh right, the fascists at antifa are good people.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    $50k to keep is name in the news, I’m sure milo will see that as a bargain.
    Do you think he'll use his

to pay it?