Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Only 50k? That's cheap as fuck.

Charge him a million, he can pay it or simply choose not to be a public nuisance.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    It's so transparent that Milo and other provocateurs are trying to cause these protests and riots. It's about time authorities send him a bill.

Milo Yiannopoulos and his promoters will be billed at least $50k by Victoria Police for protests

Right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos and his promoters will be slapped with a bill of at least $50,000 to cover the cost of the police numbers required to handle violent protests outside his shows in Melbourne. Hundreds of left and right-wing protesters gathered in front of the Melbourne Pavilion on Racecourse Road and Stubbs Street, Kensington on Monday night where they faced off and fought with sticks.

Milo's response to police on Twitter.
    Waaaaiiiiit... a second?

So, Milo is to be billed for people protesting him?! Pretty sure there would be an outrage about the other groups if they were billed for their own protesting? To be honest, I don't mind the idea but seems a bit biased if they weren't to bill people protesting other things too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Do you think he'll use his

to pay it?
    Why not? Many others do already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    Then police in Hamburg should had charged those hipsters who rioted. Oh right, the fascists at antifa are good people.
    Antifa and anti-antifa should be billed too. BLM too. Anti abortion and pro should be billed too. As well as anti-lgbtq and pro-lgbtq should be billed too. SHIT man, every country will have a heft of a coin purse soon.

Btw, not making fun of your post, I am agreeing with you.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This is a joke, the Left are a joke especially here in Australia. The leftist media have labelled Milo a racist, bigoted Nazi sympathizer, completely ignoring that he is a Jewish homosexual married to a black man. This is all about silencing him because they cannot defeat him with arguments. Welcome to the new silencing tactics of the left, if they can't shut you up with shaming tactics they will try to silence you economically.

It disgusts me that most of the leftist clowns in this forum actually think this is a good thing. If any of you have even the slightest regard for freedom of speech then you should equally be as appalled as I am. Whether you agree with Milo's opinions or not is completely irrelevant.

As others in this thread has said - interesting precedent.
    I can't imagine this practice will hold up in any trial anywhere outside of very specific kangaroo court regimes.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

What an absolute joke, good luck Victoria Police!
    Last edited by Ryme; 2017-12-07 at 10:16 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Why not? Many others do already.
    'It's like raaaaaiiiiin on your wedding day'

But to address the whataboutism in the rest of your post. Milo has made a career out of being deliberately provocative, if he or anyone else for that matter wishes to hold an event that has a high chance of resulting in violent protests it is not unreasonable for the financial burden of policing the event be placed on them rather than the tax payer.

By the same token anyone who engages in violence or vandalism should be arrested, charged and fined or where appropriate sent to prison, but I believe this is already the standard practice in many countries.

Ok, so people lose their shit because, threat him and threat to break stuff and he is suppose to pay the bill?

Violence and threats should never be the answer to words, this is why we have a government, to stop people from doing that.

Also, I am really interested in hearing what is the rational on this? "He was asking for it?"
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

10+ Year Old Account
    'It's like raaaaaiiiiin on your wedding day'

But to address the whataboutism in the rest of your post. Milo has made a career out of being deliberately provocative, if he or anyone else for that matter wishes to hold an event that has a high chance of resulting in violent protests it is not unreasonable for the financial burden of policing the event be placed on them rather than the tax payer.

By the same token anyone who engages in violence or vandalism should be arrested, charged and fined or where appropriate sent to prison, but I believe this is already the standard practice in many countries.
    Not really 'whataboutism' but inclusion for common practice that if one type of protest is to trigger a fine for the person they protest, this should be the same for all other kinds. Currently we now only see Milo being fined and sports teams being fined for uncontrolled fans. At this rate countries may as well just set up the system for all counts.

Though, not fully a fair point to make the protested person to pay the bill but again, you can't catch all the protesters to write a ticket to them, they would riot even more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Ok, so people lose their shit because, threat him and threat to break stuff and he is suppose to pay the bill?

Violence and threats should never be the answer to words, this is why we have a government, to stop people from doing that.

Also, I am really interested in hearing what is the rational on this? "He was asking for it?"
    Violance and threats is commonly used by people who can't find the right words to take on the speakers. And you can't really use the excuse, 'he was asking for it' for then you might as well just arrest all the protesters instead.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Not really 'whataboutism' but inclusion for common practice that if one type of protest is to trigger a fine for the person they protest, this should be the same for all other kinds. Currently we now only see Milo being fined and sports teams being fined for uncontrolled fans. At this rate countries may as well just set up the system for all counts.

Though, not fully a fair point to make the protested person to pay the bill but again, you can't catch all the protesters to write a ticket to them, they would riot even more.
    It is not a fine he is being asked to pay for policing an event. It is not uncommon for the organisers of large events or those that have the potential for disorder to be charged for policing. If you'd bothered to do any sort of research, like say reading an article on the subject, before posting you would know that Victorian Police Minister Lisa Neville had stated '....it was common practice for organisers of large-scale or controversial events to be billed if large numbers of police resources were required.' http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/mi...06-h004m3.html

Waaaaiiiiit... a second?

So, Milo is to be billed for people protesting him?! Pretty sure there would be an outrage about the other groups if they were billed for their own protesting? To be honest, I don't mind the idea but seems a bit biased if they weren't to bill people protesting other things too.

Reading is hard, amirite?

Ms Neville said the cost would be at least $50,000 and added it was common practice for organisers of large-scale or controversial events to be billed if large numbers of police resources were required.

"There is a definable cost to this, Victoria Police have some costings per officer, depending on the seniority officers," she said.

"There is for lots of events where there is an agreement with Victoria Police around the cost and cost-sharing ​arrangement. Police do some community based events which are not-for-profit, but for these sort of rallies and also for the AFL and those big events there is an agreement around the cost."
    Naturally, it's not going to stop fuckwits from crying about how they're being victimized by the evil libruls.

10+ Year Old Account

Are sports teams in Australia openly advocating murder of minorities, and immigrants, because I am not inclined to disagree with you, I do think sports teams should be on the hook for damages too, but this has to do with calculated risks.

I mean if a high wire act decides they want to walk a wire say between two buildings, and something goes terribly wrong say a gust of wind blows them over and they land on a school bus and die while killing some kids, who should be charged for that?

I mean sure maybe whoever owns the building and stages the eventu assumes some risks, but the truth is they still should pay for it, if the guy wasn't doing the stunt the event wouldn't have happened.

Milo specifically promotes himself as a provocateur. Well congratulations jackass pay your bill then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    He’s not a Nazi, but nor is he Jewish, he’s a practicing Roman Catholic.

It’s his association with the alt-right that gets him branded a nazi, but in reality he’s little more than an attention whore who will pander to any group if it keeps him in the limelight.
    He is a Nazi, and has spoken and advocated as such, I don't care if he is just confused, black, gay roman catholic and Anne Frank's long lost cousin, he still a Nazi, because he supports Nazi's

He gets hate because he insights hatred and bigotry onto others asserting he has some kind privilege because he is an idiot.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I thought it was pretty standard practice to bill the providers of entertainment/festivals for the cost of security.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    The leftist media have labelled Milo a racist, bigoted Nazi sympathizer, completely ignoring that he is a Jewish homosexual married to a black man. .
    See this comment about Milo all the time, and it ranks as some of the most dumb fucking shit I've ever read from adults.

Its like no man who married a woman could hate women, except theres absolutely fucking tonnes of evidence that they are prefectly capable of it if so inclined.

So can we stop with the "Hurr durr he can't be racist he married a black man" its just dumb as hell.

For clarity: I'm not trying to suggest he IS racist or bigotted or anything else. Just that the argument he married a black man proves absolutely fucking nothing as a counter to these claims, and if that's all you can say to counter them, I'd just shut up, really. Not aimed at you personally Torto, just this line of reasoning has come up time and time again and its bullshit is what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I really don't know whats more humorous here. The fact that a speaker is getting billed because people forgot lessons on how to control yourself from the 1st grade of school,
    OR that there are many posters in this thread essentially saying "If he only thought correctly, there wouldn't be any violence"

I find it interesting that some people don't have any analytical skills and resort to primal anger from feelings instead of simply disagreeing with a speaker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Are sports teams in Australia openly advocating murder of minorities, and immigrants, because I am not inclined to disagree with you, I do think sports teams should be on the hook for damages too, but this has to do with calculated risks.
    Only reason I compared was the fact that when masses starts, well, massing. The general reason for them to mass tends to be the ones punished.

I mean if a high wire act decides they want to walk a wire say between two buildings, and something goes terribly wrong say a gust of wind blows them over and they land on a school bus and die while killing some kids, who should be charged for that?
    Technically should be a fine on the act itself if it masses crowd that disrupts the area. The accident though, would change the matter and it would end up being the government.

I mean sure maybe whoever owns the building and stages the eventu assumes some risks, but the truth is they still should pay for it, if the guy wasn't doing the stunt the event wouldn't have happened.
    Though, now you make the event into an accident area, that is where insurance covers on that. Which is a little bump on the case of Milo having to pay a fine when insurances of the people who had things broken, should've covered but that isn't how things always goes.

Milo specifically promotes himself as a provocateur. Well congratulations jackass pay your bill then.
    True but many people can be considered so, depending on what side you look on. I mean, if it stood to me, he shouldn't have to pay for what cavemen can't control. Police should've gotten a blue service card and taken down anyone starting to show hostile reactions - but sadly not how it works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Reading is hard, amirite?
    Dunno? I am sorry, could've sworn I wrote it fine enough to read.

Though, I can see that I shouldn't have added the biased comment, as there' protesters of both sides.

I saw this and died laughing...this IS Victoria after all.

Milo has said "go ahead and sue me, see you in court"

He called their bluff , LMAO.

Hundreds of police were sent in to control up to 500 left-wing and up to 50 right-wing activists who clashed violently outside Yiannopoulos’ Kensington event.
    http://www.news.com.au/national/vict...5fd8ad2df97f61

So the other side of this story is that Milo's fans were outnumbered 10-1 by the opposition. Kek.

Pfffffahaha, wikileaks. Remember wikileaks?
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2017-12-07 at 01:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Well it is Australia, things are upside down, even in regards to the law it would appear

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    I saw this and died laughing...this IS Victoria after all.

Milo has said "go ahead and sue me, see you in court"

He called their bluff , LMAO.
    I very much doubt it's a bluff.

He also doesn't know how the law works; the police are sending the bill to his organisers (which is, by the way - Penthouse. Yeah seriously. Guess they're struggling to stay relevant to literally anyone), not him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Well it is Australia, things are upside down, even in regards to the law it would appear
    The police in the UK regularly charge for policing events and I doubt that it is unique to the UK and Australia.

Deleted
    The police in the UK regularly charge for policing events and I doubt that it is unique to the UK and Australia.
    It was a joke, I do fully understand the reasoning behind this, we have the same thing in my country.