Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rettorz View Post
    Is Greater Judgement going to be the go to talent with the T21 2p bonus in Antorus?
    Can confirm, I'm low on the Mastery scale right now (because it's been a garbage stat for most of Legion, but even at my current level Greater Judgement is an increase im my sim with T20 4-set and T21 2-set.

It's only gonna get better when I get more Mastery too. New priority is Haste(up to your breakpoint)/Mastery > Vers > Crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    What are my best set of trinkets? I have 920 Infernal Cinders, 925 Specter of Betrayal, 920 Engine of Eradication, 910 Convergence of Fates, 890 Cradle of Anguish. I also have the KJ Burning Wish, but I am wearing the cloak and ring legendaries.
    Currently without tier 21, probably want to use 920 Infernal Cinders + 910 Convergence of Fates for both ST and AoE.

Your mileage may vary with the 925 Specter of Betrayal. I personally hate it so I don't bother with it. The Engine of Eradication trinket's neat but it doesn't seem to work as well if you don't dual wield like rogue, enh shaman, Fury warrior etc.

Honestly even with T21 you'd probably be fine with both cinders and convergence until Antorus trinkets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cinders is still very high on the totem pole for DPS, I scored a 940 socketed one and it's gonna get some legit mileage on it. Otherwise you're gonna want Seeping Scourgewing ASAP. Like every other melee ever apparently though too so good luck. Your Raid Lead isn't gonna prioritze the shitty gimped Ret over the other classes, unfortunately for us...

Deleted
    So 4t20 + 2t21 is better then 4t21 atm? In this case i need to upgrade chain and soul ring up to 1000, until t20 be nerfed, i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Gariusello View Post
    So 4t20 + 2t21 is better then 4t21 atm? In this case i need to upgrade chain and soul ring up to 1000, until t20 be nerfed, i guess?
    Generally, until you start getting heroic T21 pieces or your T20 is all 915 basically, but you need to sim it to make sure. They won't nerf T20, there's no numbers with 4-set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    Can confirm, I'm low on the Mastery scale right now (because it's been a garbage stat for most of Legion, but even at my current level Greater Judgement is an increase im my sim with T20 4-set and T21 2-set.

It's only gonna get better when I get more Mastery too. New priority is Haste(up to your breakpoint)/Mastery > Vers > Crit.
    Alright. Thanks for that. Another quick question, how is the new legendary ring for Ret? I don't have any of the BiS one's, only shoulders and neck.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rettorz View Post
    Alright. Thanks for that. Another quick question, how is the new legendary ring for Ret? I don't have any of the BiS one's, only shoulders and neck.
    Ring will be better or worse based on how many Torment the Weak traits you have. For me, it sims way lower than Belt/Liadrin's as I have onle 1 trait. For you, Idk you'll need to compare sims.

Deleted
    Where are the Haste Breakpoints where mastery becomes better ? and is the arcanocrystal an even stronger trinket now because it gives 4 useful stats ?
    and should i go GJ baseline of just sim it if it beats zeal ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekx View Post
    Where are the Haste Breakpoints where mastery becomes better ? and is the arcanocrystal an even stronger trinket now because it gives 4 useful stats ?
    I don't know about the first one, and arcanocrystal if you get it to a high enough ilvl could be really good, yes(though the antorus trinkets just seem better overall unless you have crazy good luck and get like a 950 crystal).

With Greater Judgement, I've been reading that you don't bother with it at all until you get 2 pc, then you spec into GJ for every situation, and you also spec into blade of wrath and never use divine hammer due to needing the extra gcds of BoJ resetting.

That and GJ making judgement hit like a truck and do 5-10m+ damage per use of it will be quite good for aoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Deleted
    t20 2p (mytic) 4p T21 (heroic) high mastery, Leggos Chain/highlord is the best now! if u have high waist offpiece PRYDAS is almost as good as Chain!

Greater J on all fights! easy life m+ from here on out!

Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    Ring will be better or worse based on how many Torment the Weak traits you have. For me, it sims way lower than Belt/Liadrin's as I have onle 1 trait. For you, Idk you'll need to compare sims.
    For me it sims way better than Liadrin's and Soul in single target because I have two Shadowbind traits.

Hey guys!

Would love some feedback on my Vath fight tonight! I thought I did well but it seems that I only parsed 62%

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...ether/dollfhin

Any help!

Thanks

Hello people!

Does the legendary whisper cloak alter my priority or can I just keep spamming like always?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulicious View Post
    Hello people!

Does the legendary whisper cloak alter my priority or can I just keep spamming like always?
    Ideally you want 2 GCDs at the most between every finisher outside of crusade and 3 GCDs at the most during Crusade. It's mostly the same during Crusade but you have to pay attention more outside of it. Soul works well with it. Heroism is better outside of Crusade with this setup for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    What are my best set of trinkets? I have 920 Infernal Cinders, 925 Specter of Betrayal, 920 Engine of Eradication, 910 Convergence of Fates, 890 Cradle of Anguish. I also have the KJ Burning Wish, but I am wearing the cloak and ring legendaries.
    The answer is always SIM IT. I'd bet on Cinders and Engine though, with Specter over Engine if you can get every Specter overlap.

There are no haste breakpoints where mastery becomes better. They don't interact like that, at least not in a way independent of your other stats. You just obey the sim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killznhealz View Post
    So I compared your fight to someone that did farely well and had a similar length fight. One thing I noticed is you did very well at not letting zeal sit at 2 stacks for too long (even if you did waste a few holy power), so good job. What I also noticed is you wake of ashes usage is very low compared to the other guys. I believe your wake did around 13 mil vs his 22 mil. Big difference. I would advise to watch your wake of ashes cd and plan your spenders accordingly so you do not waste holy power but still use wake on cd. If you have to delay 1 maybe 2 gcds to not waste holy power then use wake it's not the end of the world...any more than that though and you are really hampering yourself. Outside of that you seem to know where most your mistakes lay. One thing I do not know how to check is to see if you are not wasting TV when Judgement is not up. Do you track that with a weak aura?
    Thank you the advice(s). Now I have better numbers (blue all), since I start to pre-plan the usage of wake and track the judgement usage in raid (antorus) and in m+ too.

P.s.: I had WA but outdated (version 7.0.5), now I can track correctly

First haste breakpoint is at 12.5 and second breakpoint is 31.25 or close to that, so 32 to be safe.

Arcano is strong but sim it. My 910 arcano Sims 1% lower than a 945 seeping does.

Without 2 set T21 don't waste your time on greater judgement, otherwise sim it. GJ will likely win out with T21 2 set.

So I'm a bit confused at the moment about what stats we want and some other things, I saw some where that 31.25% haste is where you should try to be? but then I asked about it in the Ret Discord and pretty much get called an idiot. What's the stat prio and what should I be aiming for?? also if something sims better should I always use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Acaius View Post
    So I'm a bit confused at the moment about what stats we want and some other things, I saw some where that 31.25% haste is where you should try to be? but then I asked about it in the Ret Discord and pretty much get called an idiot. What's the stat prio and what should I be aiming for?? also if something sims better should I always use it?
    First mistake: talking in the paladin discord. Don't do it. Just look at the info crap in the non-"discussion" channels. Use raidbots.com to sim yourself.

The T21 changes were drastic for RetPal, mostly when getting the 2p T21. Mastery was the (my) lowest priority stats, its now equal to Haste. The good news, is that we have great pieces to pickup in the raid to get more mastery, except the Eonar ring, because its the BiS for almost every classes so its gonna take some times to get it. I switched my Vial/Cinder trinkets for the Claw (Versa+proc dmg) and the End boss trinket (Str+fire proc + stats proc) and its working fine. I miss the cinder for the dmg, but the claw is doing ok to compensate. But IMO, any highlvl (940+) Flat stats Trinket (Hate/Mastery) can do it to ajust your stats.

Greater Judgement is a must with the 2p T21, paired with Blade of Wrath, even for AoE. The dmg from Judgment is glorious (gotta be carefull now on pull, as that 2M-3M crit on pull might get you 1shot if you're a little faster than your tank).

I dont have my 4p T21 yet (we distribute Tier Set item to priorise 2p for all, then we go 4p for all... slower but more equilibrated). So I still dont know how the lost of the 4p T20 will play, but we'll see.

I have 27% crit (down from 31%), 26% haste (down from 31.5%), 48% mastery (up from 20.5%) and 13% Versa (similar to before) with my current gear. Im aiming for a minimum of 25% Crit, 31.5% haste (GCD capped for Judgement window, but at the moment I can deal fine with a little bit lower), Mastery as no cap at the moment (50% seems like a good start) and Versa doesnt matter much, but a little bit helps (like 8-10% base, but I'll go Crit > Versa).

Leg-wise, Im still using Liadrin ring+Belt. Once I get 30% haste and full t21, I'll try Highlord ring+ Cape.

Numbers are getting big with the RetPal, its juicy.
    Last edited by Ravingmad; 2017-12-17 at 03:44 PM.