Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Father Shoots Gunman Threatening Family in Texas Restaurant

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...nio-restaurant

SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Police say a father eating with his family at a fast food restaurant in San Antonio fatally shot a robber who threatened his family with a gun.

Police Capt. Michael Starnes told the San Antonio Express-News that the robber died at the scene Wednesday evening.

San Antonio police Sgt. Roy Miller says the gunman threatened the father and restaurant employees and the employees ran out the back of the restaurant. The gunman demanded money and, when the father refused, the gunman turned his weapon toward the man's family. At that point, the father, who is licensed to carry a firearm, pulled out his own gun and fired.

Starnes says the father isn't facing charges and that he "really saved the day and protected a lot of people."
    I love a story with a happy ending, the state should award them a check for 10% of the cost the state would have incurred paying for this guy to be imprisoned.

Deleted
    Happy ending? A person died/was shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    guess he shouldnt have threatened to kill someones family.

10+ Year Old Account
    nah, I don't want the state wasting money like that, and i don't want to encourage random people killing criminals (who arent threatening you with a gun, anyways), as that I feel undermines our justice system and potentially causes a bigger public liability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I love a story with a happy ending, the state should award them a check for 10% of the cost the state would have incurred paying for this guy to be imprisoned.
    Jesus Christ Tony, at least leave it at just being happy. Now you're entering full blown psychopathic reasoning. Shesh...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    He was only threatening! Hell he could have shot and robbed them - then at least he had a chance to survive. Is that the behavior you want to favor?

I think I've seen this one... The path of the righteous man.. blah, blah...

Still at least he didn't lose this bad boy!

He was only threatening! Hell he could have shot and robbed them - then at least he had a chance to survive. Is that the behavior you want to favor?
    so if someone was threatening your family, and you have no idea if hes going to go through with it, he very well may at any second. its a tense situation, and anything can happen. even if he gave him all his money, he could have still shot and killed one, if not all of them.

are you saying that you wouldnt have done anything to protect those that are important to you from someone like that? to each their own i guess. random guy on the street #6542345 to me isnt worth even remotely close to someone in my family. scumbag that threatens to/does kill people #512423 is worth less than that of a spider. i hate spiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    No they shouldn't have and it is very easy to say they deserved what they got. A person was still shot and killed in front of children, far from a happy ending.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

While I don't celebrate the death of another human being, this scenario ended in a far more favorable manner than whatever the fuck it is you're suggesting with this post.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2017-12-08 at 12:10 AM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

It's his own fault he's dead. If he didn't want to die he shouldn't have threatened people at gun point. In Texas.

10+ Year Old Account
    one person died instead of a whole lot of people. Sorry, there is no sympathy to be had for someone pulling a gun on innocent people.
    #boycottchina

You get a gun and rob a store you're willingly taking on a lot of risk.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

And nothing of value was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    No they shouldn't have and it is very easy to say they deserved what they got. A person was still shot and killed in front of children, far from a happy ending.
    true enough, i cant argue that... but it likely wouldnt have happened if he hadnt threatened people.

Yes, exactly. That person dying without any one else being injured is a happy ending.

Sorry. That was a robber. Not a doctor, or something useful to society. We shouldn't celebrate his death, but we shouldn't act like he was god's gift to the world. He made stupid choices that put him in the position where paid the price.

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    Sorry. That was a robber. Not a doctor, or something useful to society. We shouldn't celebrate his death, but we shouldn't act like he was god's gift to the world. He made stupid choices that put him in the position where paid the price.
    Basing the value of a human on his contribution to society is utilitarian collectivism at it's finest.

He was to be put down because he broke the social contract by threatning others with death. Not because he was "less useful".

A Awful person was shot, a person who was okay victimizing others and putting their lives at risk.

Live by the sword die by the sword.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    You get a gun and rob a store you're willingly taking on a lot of risk.
    You know what your risk is Hubcap? Not making anymore Gnomophobia comics. Keepem coming.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...nio-restaurant

Good on him for standing up to the bad guy.

Bad idea though to reward someone for merely being a good citizen. You would end up getting a whole new breed of vigilante killers, that would provoke people to do bad things so they can enact their so called "justice".