Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Ilvl Inflation. Blizzard plan on addressing this?

What I found great about Legion is how it addressed a plethora of issues that have started to plague WoW dating back as far as WoTLK.

However ilvls bloating up like crazy is still a thing. As a DPS class this can be very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    What I found great about Legion is how it addressed a plethora of issues that have started to plague WoW dating back as far as WoTLK.

However ilvls bloating up like crazy is still a thing. As a DPS class this can be very frustrating.
    Using google wont hurt you

http://www.wowhead.com/news=275408/b...nd-stat-squish

This was already addressed during Blizzcon and blue posts

They are reducing ilvl numbers in BfA. As in 110s had 180 ilvl or something like that.

Even with them doing the stat squish until they do something about the big jump each raid tier thanks to so many difficulties giving different item levels we will keep going around in this circle.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

what issues were addressed in legion?

Deleted
    They're doing an item level squish in BfA. When you start questing in Kul Tiras/Zandalar, you'll be getting ilvl 180-190 gear from questing.

However, we all know that the devs have a boner for ridiculous power creeps, so we'll all probably be rocking ilvl 500 by the end of the expansion.

Edit: Found this. http://www.wowhead.com/news=275408/b...nd-stat-squish

930 in Legion = 265 in BfA, 970 = 305, 1000 = 335. So yeah, we'll definitely be back up to 500-600 by the end of BfA.
    Last edited by mmocc521106ee3; 2017-12-09 at 07:07 PM.

Il inflation is only an issue if you don't actually play and kinda coast as a lowest common denominator tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Even with them doing the stat squish until they do something about the big jump each raid tier thanks to so many difficulties giving different item levels we will keep going around in this circle.
    Actually what was posted is very reasonable. A jump of only about 130 ilvls from early Herioic Dungeons to the final Mythic Raid tier is pretty much in league with how TBC was I think with Kara to Sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Musik-Diversity86 View Post
    This was already addressed during Blizzcon and blue posts
    Doing a number squish is great, but the inflation is more about having 4 raid difficulties and normal starting at previous mythic ilvl, 15 ilvl between difficulties. Compared to early expansions where you would go from 115 to 155 (tbc) or from 200 to 264 (wotlk), it's just ridiculous to go from 850 to 970 in 3 tiers time.

Actually what was posted is very reasonable. A jump of only about 130 ilvls from early Herioic Dungeons to the final Mythic Raid tier is pretty much in league with how TBC was I think with Kara to Sunwell.
    We went from TF cap @850 pre EN to capped at 980 in antorus.
    So a 130 il jump in legion, too.

Blizzard is fine with the situation. Nothing is being changed about it.

No, the squish will not impact it. It will only remove the inflation from past expansions that is no longer relevant. Just like it did last time. The iLvl reduction with the squish is merely a visual simplification that has no real impact on the game.

The problem here is not about ilvl numbers itself, but rather about how much stronger you become throughout the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Doing a number squish is great, but the inflation is more about having 4 raid difficulties and normal starting at previous mythic ilvl, 15 ilvl between difficulties. Compared to early expansions where you would go from 115 to 155 (tbc) or from 200 to 264 (wotlk), it's just ridiculous to go from 850 to 970 in 3 tiers time.
    Which is why the squish will fix this issue not in terms of gap between tiers but absurd numbers reaching too high. Similar to the idea that doing 950 dmg looks a LOT better than doing 3591857

7+ Year Old Account
    there will be a massive number squish in BfA

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Musik-Diversity86 View Post
    Which is why the squish will fix this issue not in terms of gap between tiers but absurd numbers reaching too high. Similar to the idea that doing 950 dmg looks a LOT better than doing 3591857
    LOL, but I don't care about the numbers at all, I care about the fact that we start the expansion doing 350k dps and end it with doing 2.5 mil dps, where it should be like start at 350k and end with 600k. Idk, maybe Blizzard likes extreme power creep.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Your right I miscalculated. Before additional difficulties you didn't go over 100 ilvls per expansion. Hell WoTLK would have been smaller if they stuck to the Ulduar HM model. But with the numbers being overall lower, I think DPS disparities will be lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    This. When a raid tier goes from 930 to 960 through each difficulty, things get to high. They need to come up with a new system. I'm not sure if just having less ilvls between each one will do it. They could do something like each difficulty adjusts the secondary stats on gear. Like, LFR has no secondary, normal has 1, heroic has 2 and mythic has 3, along with like, a 5 ilvl upgrade, that way the primary and secondary will also be higher.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Instead of looking at just raid tier, let’s look at the expansion altogether. Exact item level ranged for each expansion. This includes lowest ilvl green to max legendary.
    Classic: 2-92
    Burning Crusade: 81-164
    Wrath of the Laich King: 130-284
    Cataclysm: 272-416
    Mists of Pandaria: 364-616
    Warlords of Draenor: 483-735
    Legion: 640-1000

Legion’s jump is considerable, but I would consider the argument not difficulties, but the warforging system that’s in place now. They need to make he next tier up higher ilvl than the average warforge/titanforge. Otherwise we won’t replace gear. I’d be fine with getting rid of this system personally.

Edit: and it’s not that warforging wasn’t present before legion, it just wasn’t a problem and so common until now.

Yeah well, makes you wonder why the fuck is ilvl basically there in discrete steps of 5, unlike previously, where seeing +3, +6 or +8 wasn't uncommon. Heck, even getting a +1 ilvl upgrade feels good, maybe it's not as tangible, but that doesn't take away from the feeling.