Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What Is Your Local Cuisine?

We all probably have a local food that is common in our area but not very common outside of that region. What kind of food is a specialty of your region? Something unique to your area. Do you like that food? Do you hate it? For me it's scrapple. A mixture of all kinds of pork parts. TBh i really like this stuff despite knowing what it's made of. It's supposed to be fried and seems to have originated from the amish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapple

I live in California, where the population and the food is very diverse. It's a hodgepodge of basically any cuisine from around the world. Granted, larger urban centers offer more than rural, but generally speaking, there's a good mix here. Hard to say what's a specialty.

Are you standing in for mallsecurity?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    I live in California, where the population and the food is very diverse. It's a hodgepodge of basically any cuisine from around the world. Granted, larger urban centers offer more than rural, but generally speaking, there's a good mix here. Hard to say what's a specialty.
    i know cali has plenty of stuff unique to that area. though i dont remember what they were.

Deleted
    I guess this would be "local", although it's home is around 90-100km from where I live;

I'm aware of what it looks like, but it's delicious. The red stuff is lingonberry jam.

I live in MD so Crab Cakes and Old Bay on fucking everything.

For where I am I suppose it would have to be Rappie Pie

Usually, comes made with either chicken or clams, I suppose I like it, there are many other things I'd go for first though. Another good one would be fish cakes, topped with green tomato chow and a side of baked beans.
    Last edited by Poutinecrazed; 2017-12-10 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Picture didn't work

10+ Year Old Account
    steak, steak and more steak.

No idea...Portland is known for microbrews, hipster food, vegan cuisine, salmon/local seafood, wines from Oregon wineries (especially pinot noir). Coffee. Donuts. Nothing really Portland-specific.

Geoduck! It's not from exactly here, more on the coast of Northern California on up to Washington.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I guess this would be "local", although it's home is around 90-100km from where I live;

I'm aware of what it looks like, but it's delicious. The red stuff is lingonberry jam.
    Blood Sausage? if so it's been way too long since i had any!

10+ Year Old Account
    There is more than duck. Unfortunately, some of the better write ups are done by travel services.

https://www.chinahighlights.com/beij...restaurant.htm

I'm particularly fond of the donkey sandwiches. Those are often accompanied with a bowl of broth, donkey innards, and a bit of cilantro.

Edit:

For a more general write up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing_cuisine
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

im in the outskirts of Seattle, we have a mix of different food. Theres indian,mexican,american(think hamburgers),chinese, japanese and korean.

Gotta love UberEats cause i can get most restaurant food delivered with out putting on a bra

oh good. another food thread for Europeans to come in and tell us how no food was invented in america. We haven't had this thread for at least a week.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's not a food thread if there isn't a bit of Italy:

Polenta

Casoncelli

Salame

and the best ice-cream flavor: Stracciatella

Sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    oh good. another food thread for Europeans to come in and tell us how no food was invented in america. We haven't had this thread for at least a week.
    Oh cool it. No ones done anything yet, and now you risk derailing the thread

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhantasmagoriaX View Post
    im in the outskirts of Seattle, we have a mix of different food. Theres indian,mexican,american(think hamburgers),chinese, japanese and korean.

Gotta love UberEats cause i can get most restaurant food delivered with out putting on a bra
    I lived in Seattle for 2 years. I'd say Salmon is their trademark

Local food that's not really eaten outside? Well we have something called rössypottu: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%B6ssypottu main ingridient is made of blood and kinda tastes weird. I haven't eaten it much after school so I can't even remember very well what it tastes like. I don't really hate it but it's not very tasty either. It doesn't look very appertizing to me either.

10+ Year Old Account

Vodka Popsicles for alcoholics
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis