10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember how I originally got into the NFL. Football of course goes to college being from where I am. But I know I didn't get deep into it until the mid 2000's when I was on my own and capable of doing so. As I have mentioned before, it is nice that I can pretty much pick who I want to support, although having a local professional team would be nice so I could actually go to games. The only game I've ever been to live was the Music City Bowl sometime around 2006, and it was Clemson/Kentucky, when Clemson was really bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Patriots sign WR Kenny Britt to a 2 year deal. After last night's game that's not all that surprising. Patriots need that slot presence and Amendola is not getting it done.
    Yeah this is gonna end well lol.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Yeah this is gonna end well lol.
    Worst case this ends with the Patriots getting a compensatory pick down the road for him. Details are not known yet but I'm fairly sure that it will turn out to be a 2 year deal with 1 year (next year) as a team option year. If he performs, they keep him, if he doesn't they cut him and get compensatory pick in 2019.

We'll see though. Depends on how desperate the Patriots were and how slick Britt's agent is. He might have just got a legit 2 year deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I don't see it mentioned here, but Aaron Rodgers was cleared to play. He'll start on Sunday against the Panthers. Could be huge, for both teams, in multiple ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst case this ends with the Patriots getting a compensatory pick down the road for him. Details are not known yet but I'm fairly sure that it will turn out to be a 2 year deal with 1 year (next year) as a team option year. If he performs, they keep him, if he doesn't they cut him and get compensatory pick in 2019.

We'll see though. Depends on how desperate the Patriots were and how slick Britt's agent is. He might have just got a legit 2 year deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I don't see it mentioned here, but Aaron Rodgers was cleared to play. He'll start on Sunday against the Panthers. Could be huge, for both teams, in multiple ways.
    Based on how badly Britt has floundered this year, if the Patriots cut him loose he's gonna get a prove-it deal and probably not get paid enough to help much with compensatory picks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Based on how badly Britt has floundered this year, if the Patriots cut him loose he's gonna get a prove-it deal and probably not get paid enough to help much with compensatory picks.
    Not sure. I feel like Britt has more upside then Michael Floyd did last year. But, you are right, worst case is probably that neither party gets much out of this deal, by Britt not adapting and being on the inactive list.

We also still don't know his contract. He might not actually have the typical 1+1 team option type deal that I expect. If it's a normal deal Patriots will actually have to have him play it out before it gets to compensation picks. There's also the outside chance that the Patriots just wanted to spread his signing bonus across 2 years and there's no pick comp shenanigans going on at all. But I have a hard time believing Britt would require a signing bonus of that magnitude.

15+ Year Old Account
    That injury list of the patriots is becoming quite big lol + all the people that are injured from week to week.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Boller put to rest any thoughts of Billick as an offensive mastermind, kind of the same way Kizer is eliminating any remaining positive reputation Hue Jackson has left.
    And yet the owner seems to have secured his job for 2018.

Funnily enough, Hue had to deal with Boller too when Campbell went out. He shit the bed so badly we traded the farm to Cincy for Palmer.

Deleted
    I fell off my bike in august and broke my collarbone. If Rodgers is starting this weekend he must have a lot better doctors than me because I wouldn't go within 500 yards of a big linebacker right now.

Justin Simmons won't play this week after he sprained his ankle celebrating the strip sack early in the game last week. I wouldn't be surprised if they just shut him down for the last 2 as well to let it heal fully.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    I fell off my bike in august and broke my collarbone. If Rodgers is starting this weekend he must have a lot better doctors than me because I wouldn't go within 500 yards of a big linebacker right now.
    I mean, I wouldn't go near any in general, and I've never had any issues with my collarbones.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Justin Simmons won't play this week after he sprained his ankle celebrating the strip sack early in the game last week. I wouldn't be surprised if they just shut him down for the last 2 as well to let it heal fully.
    Not sure why it irks me more than a guy spraining his ankle doing something in training or at home, but getting injured while celebrating always annoys me. Like the guy on the Bears who tore his ACL after celebrating a sack, when he was down like 3 scores. It sucked for the guy, but you couldn't help but think he kinda deserved it.

Now Simmons is on IR, that was quicker than I expected.

Not sure why it irks me more than a guy spraining his ankle doing something in training or at home, but getting injured while celebrating always annoys me. Like the guy on the Bears who tore his ACL after celebrating a sack, when he was down like 3 scores. It sucked for the guy, but you couldn't help but think he kinda deserved it.
    He wasn't even involved in the sack or recovery, so I think he just landed on his ankle weird after jumping or something. I don't really blame him for getting excited about the play. The defense had not got to play with a lead since basically the Cowboys game and it was a turnover at the Jets 20 while up already.

It isn't like he gave himself a concussion head butting the wall after a TD like Gus Frerotte did. That would have been bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marcus Cannon, Patriots starting RT going to IR. He'd been hurt since October, but given that he was still on the roster, the thought was that he would eventually return and solidify the O-line on the right side. Sadly not.

He has been replaced by Waddle pretty well and by Cam Fleming far less well, but when Cannon is playing well he has handled some really good opposing pass rushers pretty much 1 on 1. Waddle not shown that kind of ability. Hopefully Waddle is at least fully healthy enough to start again against the Steelers (he was a back up last game, but active).

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparantly Goodell will retire in 2023.

Also Tony Romo named Sports Illustrated's Media person of the year

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming that was a reference to Lamarr Houston and that was indeed some amusing hubris.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming that was a reference to Lamarr Houston and that was indeed some amusing hubris.
    "On October 26, Houston tore his ACL while celebrating a sack of New England Patriots backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, while the Bears were losing by 25 points.[6] The incident was similar to linebacker Stephen Tulloch's, who also tore his ACL, while celebrating a sack earlier in the season.[7]"

So apparently he wasn't even alone in doing that that season. Amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Apparantly Goodell will retire in 2023.

Also Tony Romo named Sports Illustrated's Media person of the year
    I'm pretty pleased with both. Goodell is probably pleased as well. He'll be 63 by then and laughing all the way to the bank.

10+ Year Old Account
    "On October 26, Houston tore his ACL while celebrating a sack of New England Patriots backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, while the Bears were losing by 25 points.[6] The incident was similar to linebacker Stephen Tulloch's, who also tore his ACL, while celebrating a sack earlier in the season.[7]"

So apparently he wasn't even alone in doing that that season. Amazing.
    I'm sure there were hilarious posts in the thread about it which I will dig up in a moment, but first, a headline from earlier this month

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/...esnt-get-hurt/

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure there were hilarious posts in the thread about it which I will dig up in a moment, but first, a headline from earlier this month

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/...esnt-get-hurt/
    lmao

He's never going to live that down is he? xD

My favorite celebration injury is probably Bill Gramatica tearing his ACL celebrating an early game FG that wasn't even that long.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember Raiders fans being pissed when McKenzie let Houston go in 2013, but his constant presence on IR has justified it.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Patriots are paying WR Kenny Britt a pro-rated portion of the veteran minimum $900,000 this year, then $1.5 million next year with chance to get to 2M with incentives, per source. Next year is Patriots’ option; if not exercised, Britt becomes a UFA."

So much for that. Britt will need to prove himself and prove himself quickly or it's the same old trick as usual.