Urgh just watched it and I want my money back. Absolutely can not recommend this movie to anyone with mental age over 8.(Or anyone who cares about plot in movies.)

At one moment I almost cheered "Oh yeah, Finn is gone" but alas no luck.
    Last edited by Thokri; 2017-12-15 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I can understand the sentiment, but I don't feel like Luke would have abandoned the galaxy to crawl off and die. It would have made so much more sense to me if Luke had still been with the Resistence, looking to resolve his mistake by stopping Snoke & Ren, but still vowing to never train another Jedi. Because as it is, he's basically saying the entire galaxy can fall to the Empire and the Dark Side and he won't do anything to stop it. That's the part that I felt was assasinating the character.
    That does make sense.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    Urgh just watched it and I want my money back. Absolutely can not recommend this movie to anyone with mental age over 8.(Or anyone who cares about plot in movies.)

At one moment I almost cheered "Oh yeah, Finn is gone" but alas no luck.
    I keep seeing that word being thrown around, "the plot", "the story", etc. But it's original trilogy blues, isn't it?
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-12-15 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    This was a movie about the burdens of leadership, heroism, legacy, and legend, crafted in such a way as to subvert what we expect from a Star Wars film and yet concludes in a place that is much deeper and satisfying. If that's the kind of Star Wars movie that rubs people the wrong way, fine. A lot of people are not going to enjoy mature self-reflection in a movie franchise that, lets face it, is basically for kids.

But if these are your complaints, then frankly you've done nothing to alter my opinion me that TLJ is a steak that's been served to too many people who have subsisted on a diet of doritos and snickers bars.
    Why do I get the feeling you are one of those people that order their steak well done and covered in ketchup?

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Why do I get the feeling you are one of those people that order their steak well done and covered in ketchup?
    That would imply there's something wrong with a well done steak. There isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    This was a movie about the burdens of leadership, heroism, legacy, and legend, crafted in such a way as to subvert what we expect from a Star Wars film and yet concludes in a place that is much deeper and satisfying. If that's the kind of Star Wars movie that rubs people the wrong way, fine. A lot of people are not going to enjoy mature self-reflection in a movie franchise that, lets face it, is basically for kids.

But if these are your complaints, then frankly you've done nothing to alter my opinion me that TLJ is a steak that's been served to too many people who have subsisted on a diet of doritos and snickers bars.
    My issue with the movie is that it moves too fast in the important parts and moves too slow in other parts. It's an extremely exposition filled movie, LOTS of information is trying to be conveyed and none of it feels very impactful and in some cases not even understandable WHY it's significant (like that part with Rey and the reflections?).

The movie just didn't feel like it had the gravity it should have, it felt like a Saturday morning action cartoon romp more than an Epic Star Wars movie to me.

Sure the movie may have been about leadership, heroism, legacy and legend..... because it told you so many times, but it didn't feel that way. It didn't feel epic, the message they were trying to convey was buried in too much humor, snark, irreverence and "coolness" to feel really meaningful.

Basically, it didn't take itself seriously enough to feel like an epic Star Wars movie. It felt like I was watching Guardians of the Galaxy rather than a Star Wars movie. Not saying Guardians is a bad movie, but that style of movie just doesn't jive well (IMO) with what Star Wars is trying to do.

This isn't a bad movie, really. But to me, it's a bad Star Wars movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    That's like saying there's nothing wrong with Mr Bean's version of Whistler's mother.

You might like it, but we all know it's been ruined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Prequels are alot better than Force Awakens and Last Jedi, they are just rehased version of New Hope and Empire strikes back (seriously, they are not even trying to hide it).
    If the new movies were a frame by frame exact replica of the classics they would STILL be better than the prequels. Those are some shit movies that only SW fans can stand watching every now and then like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    There absolutely is something wrong with well done steak. Objectively so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Certainly what I thought. I also thought that when sweeping the broom may not have been low enough but the wind from it and the lightness of straw may have made it move.

I didn't like the bit about tracking in hyperspace. Seemed a maguffin for the plot but not great for down the line as now escaping means squat if the first order can just track where they went.
    Yea have to say it probably would have been better to go with a traitor on board transmitting the co ordinates.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    My issue with the movie is that it moves too fast in the important parts and moves too slow in other parts. It's an extremely exposition filled movie, LOTS of information is trying to be conveyed and none of it feels very impactful and in some cases not even understandable WHY it's significant (like that part with Rey and the reflections?).

The movie just didn't feel like it had the gravity it should have, it felt like a Saturday morning action cartoon romp more than an Epic Star Wars movie to me.
    I respectfully disagree. The movie felt plenty grandiose to me, and I didn't feel like the movie was exposition heavy at all. The movie had a strong pace and something constantly happened, it was filled with action and had basically four acts. The parts of the movie I found the least interesting were the two segments on Cando Bight, and even then most of the second segment was action.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Objectively so.
    Objectively meat should be prepared until it's not raw anymore. But let's not derail the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Yea have to say it probably would have been better to go with a traitor on board transmitting the co ordinates.
    I was hoping they were going to go with Fin having a tracker placed in his body.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    If the new movies were a frame by frame exact replica of the classics they would STILL be better than the prequels. Those are some shit movies that only SW fans can stand watching every now and then like myself.
    Such comments should always be accompanied by age of the poster.

Because somehow I feel you were already in your 30s at LEAST when prequels hit the cinemas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Thought they were tracking the hyperspace beacon that Leia and Rey had.

Deleted
    Just seen it, it was probably one of my least favourite star wars movies :/

Maybe its my fauly for hyping myself up too much for it, but outside of a few moments i just thought it was a bit dull and very predictable.

Really dissapointed with Snokes story line, he seemed like he could have been an interesting character, but nope. Lukes ending was good, i think that was handled well, i already guessed he would die, but i didn't think it would be like that. It will be interesting to find out what the next movie will be about, i just don't find Kylo or Rey to be interesting enough characters. I was also a bit dissapointed Leia didn't die when she got sucked into space.

Also, how did Finns face not melt when he flew in that beam that was melting a solid metal door???
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2017-12-15 at 05:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Such comments should always be accompanied by age of the poster.

Because somehow I feel you were already in your 30s at LEAST when prequels hit the cinemas.
    I was a junior in HS when the first one came out. I thought it was great back then, but as I grew up began to see the flaws. The next two movies I saw when I was in college. I pretty much knew that they were bad then but was in denial at the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Thought they were tracking the hyperspace beacon that Leia and Rey had.
    Yeah i thought that too, i would have preffered that as well, would have been more interesting than the heroes sneaking aboard an enemy ship

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing, Im glad they revealed Reys parents to be nobodies, i think its better that way rather than making her a Lenobi or Palpatine etc

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Yeah i thought that too, i would have preffered that as well, would have been more interesting than the heroes sneaking aboard an enemy ship
    Tracking that thing makes little sense, and I don't see how it would have been all that interesting, they could just have sent off somebody with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing, Im glad they revealed Reys parents to be nobodies, i think its better that way rather than making her a Lenobi or Palpatine etc
    I'm inbetween kylo lying to her about seeing her future, it being true, and her not actually having parents (A child of the Force)