Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Klickor View Post
    In ToS I only joined 945+ ilvl groups for heroic/normal in the end and now I only try to join 955+ ilvl groups and next week I will go join 960+ ilvl groups. Not groups that mention 960 in the title only but groups that have that as a minimum REQUIREMENT!

You know that being 945 means you outgear mythic drops from ToS by 15ilvl right? This is the kind of problem the OP refers to, people have outrageous pug requirements these days and it just gets worse and worse every tier(prob due to Titanforging inflating ilvl).

i mean curve achievement requirements in week1, for normals..... or ilvl requirements that are higher than the drops in the raid.... its just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    I went on an argus normal group. I'm ahead of the curve with 955 ilevel.
    They didn't ask for AOTC in the description and they asked 930 ilevel. But it's a faceroll fight so I didn't care to much.
    I'm summ, I ask where is the big bomb, and if we go clockwise/counter. No answer, fight is launched.

Deads on p1, bombs at random places in p2. Killing half the raid. And tank not tanking big add in p3.
    I tried to tell people what to do after the wipe, but it went exactly the same way.
    I left, took a AOTC 945+ Argus normal, raid lead leaded, people knew what to do,it was a down.
    Went with a 930 PUG, no achievement required. Only requirement was to know the fight or at least see a video guide. 1-shot argue norm.

Went on a 945+ and SoTP ( AoTC Insta invite) heroic pug. People kept dropping decimation AT garothi position, or went to bombardment side. Downed garothi with half raid dead (because, well...it's still garothi). Fellhounds however were less forgiving and broke the raid.

Having the achieve or extremely geared players guarantees nothing. Having players with some brain cells and DbM helps more than ilvl and a boss - kill achievement related to a single (and quite easy) boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    You know that being 945 means you outgear mythic drops from ToS by 15ilvl right? This is the kind of problem the OP refers to, people have outrageous pug requirements these days and it just gets worse and worse every tier(prob due to Titanforging inflating ilvl).

i mean curve achievement requirements in week1, for normals..... or ilvl requirements that are higher than the drops in the raid.... its just ridiculous.
    You know that 945 ilvl doesnt mean 945 ilvl in every slot right? And how does it hurt OP anyway? If anyone could join the "good" raids without high requirement, people would just kick anyone who doesnt perform perfectly after the first boss. Now we can wait a bit before raid to find our similarly minded/geared raiders and not have to kick half of them after first boss because they don't perform to the same standard as the rest. Most toxic groups I have pugged with were those without high requirements because the difference in ilvl/skill between the mythic raiders and the lfr people were huge and people got frustrated, kicked and insulted.

You can't demand to join high ilvl groups and expect them to carry you. Create your own groups with your own requirements if you can't find any. If I can't find an existing group and I don't feel as lazy as OP I do my own group for that raid or mythic + and it usually works well.

OPs problem is that he wants a free carry. Proper groups with outrageous requirements exist because people want to get content that is beneath them done as quickly and efficiently as possible, so they recruit people who are in the same situation.
    If you want to do a raid with your shitty twink then you have to join some friends or live with a group that's on the same level as your char.
    Crying for bans is acting like an utterly pathetic spoiled crybaby.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    Proper groups with outrageous requirements exist because people want to get content that is beneath them done as quickly and efficiently as possible, so they recruit people who are in the same situation.
    Bollocks. They want to make sure they do the content with the least amount of challenge possible. There is nothing wrong with that but don't try and sell it as anything else.

Deleted

You know that 945 ilvl doesnt mean 945 ilvl in every slot right? And how does it hurt OP anyway? If anyone could join the "good" raids without high requirement, people would just kick anyone who doesnt perform perfectly after the first boss. Now we can wait a bit before raid to find our similarly minded/geared raiders and not have to kick half of them after first boss because they don't perform to the same standard as the rest. Most toxic groups I have pugged with were those without high requirements because the difference in ilvl/skill between the mythic raiders and the lfr people were huge and people got frustrated, kicked and insulted.

You can't demand to join high ilvl groups and expect them to carry you. Create your own groups with your own requirements if you can't find any. If I can't find an existing group and I don't feel as lazy as OP I do my own group for that raid or mythic + and it usually works well.

Most high ilvl groups also check logs on those that sign up so its actually not just ilvl only that matters. When you have so high requirements people are usually a bit patient and can wait for logs to be checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Bollocks. They want to make sure they do the content with the least amount of challenge possible. There is nothing wrong with that but don't try and sell it as anything else.

The lesser the challenge the quicker you complete the content. You've successfully rephrased my statement, congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Cab View Post
    i can asure you it is totally normal on EU servers that it might not be "auto-invite". I know, it is hard to believe but it is also very true =/
    Not every time that is also a fact, most are "open for everyone" but it happens a lot.
    I play on EU and 90% of them ARE auto-invite. Just enable other languages, I often end up in groups from German or Russian servers for world bosses and it's a zero problem. Only time I don't get invited is group is full 40 people or just delisted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I run a 940 Normal Speed Clear 3x a week, and then a couple more 935 Normal Speed Clears a week. It's mandatory to link either Seat or AOTC to get an invite into my groups. The reason being is I refuse to carry someone to their first kill. If you haven't killed it yet, you need to put the work in to do so.
    The only way for those people to "put the work in" to kill it is to actually get into a group. You're not carrying them. They are collaborating with the raid too. It's ludicrous to suggest otherwise.

I have curve on 2 toons from first week, and one of those toons has first week curve for every raid this expansion. It's not that hard whatsoever. KJ was the only one that was relatively difficult, Gul'dan was a pretty good fight as well @Hewhoknows
    It's not that hard. Yet you refuse to invite people who don't have achievements. You have to make up your mind: It's either so hard that it warrants proof of having done it before or it isn't.

I'll just say this: In my experience, people like you are the worst raid leaders, the worst players and are expecting to be carried themselves by better geared people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightGamer View Post
    Ok guys, this is just first week or raid.

It feels like WoW = ilvl. Nothing more.

Something must be made by Blizzard to fix this problem. If you play one char, you probable don't have it, but if you play more, this is unacceptable.

Is not the first time when happens, this problem persist.
    People don't know you. They don't know if you'll be good or trash and they want the run to go as smooth as possible, so I don't see why it's an issue.

If they can get 940+ people with achieve, then why not get them over a player they don't know if he knows the fight or not?

If YOU don't like it, YOU are always free to start your own raid. Nothing is holding you back, champ.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Something must be made by Blizzard to fix this problem. If you play one char, you probable don't have it, but if you play more, this is unacceptable.

I don't have any special achievements and I'm 936 I think. I still manage to get into group finder raids for normal. Usually just takes about 5-20min of looking. A lot of groups do want 940+ and AOTC.I've seen plenty saying they want to finish the raid in 1-2 hours and are looking for a speed clear. I'm assuming those are just heroic raiders or others looking for their speed clears. Similar to how people ask for 930 to do a +6.

Anyways, don't get made because those groups don't take you. Just look around on group finder for more than a few minutes and you'll find someone starting up a normal with no requirements. That's how I Argus last week. The raider leaders even did some explaining over discord (mostly yelling) but it went pretty smooth. I did that for Emerald nightmare so I could complete balance of power. I did that for nighthold so I could complete the other bits from balance of power and for set pieces. Did the same for Tomb.

Just be patient. If you don't have patience, well...there's always LFR Or like others mentioned you'll need to find a guild that raids regularly that will take people that are part of the guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    What did you expect?

Honestly 945 might be a bit low, soon they'll ask for 950.
    They will ask for pantheontrinkets

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewhoknows View Post
    The only way for those people to "put the work in" to kill it is to actually get into a group. You're not carrying them. They are collaborating with the raid too. It's ludicrous to suggest otherwise.

It's not that hard. Yet you refuse to invite people who don't have achievements. You have to make up your mind: It's either so hard that it warrants proof of having done it before or it isn't.

I'll just say this: In my experience, people like you are the worst raid leaders, the worst players and are expecting to be carried themselves by better geared people.
    Wrong. They can go join a guild, find a friends group, etc. I prefer to take people through with the kills so that nobody has an excuse to doe. If someone with seat or AOTC is dying often, I simply kick them and continue on. This isn't a charity game. I'm sorry if you haven't been able to complete the content, but there are a load of options out there for you
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

So many time I look up the leader in group finder and they don't even meet their own requirements lol.

If you are under 945 ilvl with 2x 1000 ilvl legendaries that means you are waay below the ilvl average of puggers. Which means that there are a lot of people over your ilvl from which the raidleader can choose.

You want Blizzard to fix this? It's like calling for your mommy to hold your wee-wee while you take a leak.

Sour grapes are real

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    If you are under 945 ilvl with 2x 1000 ilvl legendaries that means you are waay below the ilvl average of puggers. Which means that there are a lot of people over your ilvl from which the raidleader can choose.

You want Blizzard to fix this? It's like calling for your mommy to hold your wee-wee while you take a leak.
    Under 945 is waay below average rando puggers?

lolwut?

10+ Year Old Account
    make your own group
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I was 926ivl and couldn't get into anything, so I started raiding with a guild. In one day, doing a full normal and partial heroic run, I went from 926 to 940ivl.

@everyone Just join Memeboys Pugs - They usually 1shot everything 4 runs a week. EU servers. (Search for "Memeboys" located on DefiasRealms.