Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Did you read this part of the linked article?

Both outlets said Reid’s interest in UFOs was the result of friend and donor Bob Bigelow, who owns Bigelow Aerospace and has said before he is “absolutely convinced” aliens exist and UFOs have visited Earth.

The New York Times said the program had a $22 million annual budget and “most of the money” went to Bigelow’s research company, which hired subcontractors and solicited research for the program.
    Did you read where I said I do not care about the alien part but the general concept has some virtue?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Did you read where I said I do not care about the alien part but the general concept has some virtue?
    Yes. But why not just come out and condemn Reid for wasting our tax dollars on a bullshit program. Which mainly benefited his rich donor? The other part has already been going on for a very, very long time.

Yes. But why not just come out and condemn Reid for wasting our tax dollars on a bullshit program. Which mainly benefited his rich donor? The other part has already been going on for a very, very long time.
    Because Harry Reid is not in office and no longer relevant? this administration is the very definition of wasting tax payer dollars (Private jets, golf vacations, 1.8 trillion dollars in tax cut for the rich etc) currently in office yet I don't see you condemning them.

Only in America is climate change downplayed or outright dismissed. I bet you believe angels are real.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Only in America is climate change downplayed or outright dismissed. I bet you believe angels are real.
    I am ashamed to say around 72-75% of Americans do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan94 View Post
    Global Warming is fake. I'll start believing it when Long Island starts going underwater like they told me it would when I was in middle school.
    They told you that it'd take some decades, if nothing is done to stop it, not that long island was going underwater soon.

- - - Updated - - -

I am ashamed to say around 72-75% of Americans do.
    I know. I saw that last year or something, and sighed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    But I wouldn't be surprised if he actually believe in it but he is afraid that fighting climate change will personally cost him money.
    I don't really think that Trump believes in anything.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan94 View Post
    Global Warming is fake. I'll start believing it when Long Island starts going underwater like they told me it would when I was in middle school.

http://ritholtz.com/2012/11/supersto...ion-in-photos/
    Impeach the MF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    Was that taken after a recent hurricane? If not, it shows how stupid people can be by building so close to water.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    No. trump needs to go down in history as the most idiotic and useless president of the U.S.
    History needs to record that republicans elected him and all the damage that followed in his wake.
    Oh I don't mean erase as in pretend like he didn't happen and ignorantly derp on into the sunset. I mean erase the changes he made and undo all the damage he has and will keep causing.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Harry Reid is not in office and no longer relevant? this administration is the very definition of wasting tax payer dollars (Private jets, golf vacations, 1.8 trillion dollars in tax cut for the rich etc) currently in office yet I don't see you condemning them.
    Lol. I think we would be getting off topic. Which I share some of that blame. Let us leave it at what we both have posted.

If not, it shows how stupid people can be by building so close to water.
    Yes, indeed why would anyone live next to the ocean when they could live in Ohio. Why do these people keep making giant cities next to water? Clearly insane.

On a slightly less sarcastic note. There is definitely some weird shit going on. But like everything it starts with money.

Last edited by Zmaniac17; 2017-12-17 at 12:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    Yes, indeed why would anyone live next to the ocean when they could live in Ohio. Why do these people keep making giant cities next to water? Clearly insane.
    It really shows how stupid it is when a major hurricane passes close to them. Not insane, but a lack of future planning, so a dumb thing. After once suffering thru a major flood, one of my major considerations for any house when I was looking to buy one, was it prone to flooding? If it was, it got marked off my list instantly. The house I live in now, if it floods here, a major city about 15 miles away would be under about 50 foot of water. :P

It really shows how stupid it is when a major hurricane passes close to them. Not insane, but a lack of future planning, so a dumb thing. After once suffering thru a major flood, one of my major considerations for any house when I was looking to buy one, was it prone to flooding? If it was, it got marked off my list instantly. The house I live in now, if it floods here, a major city about 15 miles away would be under about 50 foot of water. :P
    I added a video you might be interested in. It explains a lot of this insanity.

I think your experience helped you out a lot. In the video it shows that a lot of people are trapped in the houses because no one wants to buy a flood prone house and they lack the money to buy a new one elsewhere, so they just keep spending money or using government funded flood insurance to fix it again. In addition to that many of these locations are otherwise great locations if not for the flooding and many people don't think far ahead enough or can't afford to.

You could really make the argument that no one should live on the gulf coast because eventually it will be hit by a hurricane. But good luck convincing people not to do that.
    Last edited by Zmaniac17; 2017-12-17 at 12:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    I added a video you might be interested in. It explains a lot of this insanity.

I think your experience helped you out a lot. In the video it shows that a lot of people are trapped in the houses because no one wants to buy a flood prone house and they lack the money to buy a new one elsewhere, so they just keep spending money or using government funded flood insurance to fix it again. In addition to that many of these locations are otherwise great locations if not for the flooding and many people don't think far ahead enough or can't afford to.
    I can understand that. Coming from a very poor family. But the sea levels are going to rise no matter what man does. He may cause it to happen quicker, but it will happen eventually. There are two things which can be done. One, do not build future living structures so close to the sea. Two, build higher levies and sea breaks. I have always thought those who build a cabin close to a large river as being something which lacked any forethought.

Is this not something which the Dutch have had to contend with for hundreds of years?

I can understand that. Coming from a very poor family. But the sea levels are going to rise no matter what man does. He may cause it to happen quicker, but it will happen eventually. There are two things which can be done. One, do not build future living structures so close to the sea. Two, build higher levies and sea breaks. I have always thought those who build a cabin close to a large river as being something which lacked any forethought.

Is this not something which the Dutch have had to contend with for hundreds of years?
    Yes, and it shows what people are willing to do to keep the land they're currently living on. The flood controls in the Netherlands are one of the greatest engineering projects on Earth. It's easy to say they could just move and that would be a lot cheaper and easier, but that is their home. No one wants to be a refugee. I don't think everyone on Earth in low lying areas will be able to afford to do this. The price on building material and equipment will go through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It would, but neither question is currently being seriously questioned. They proved it was happening 30+ years ago. That isn't seriously contested at any level, because all the evidence that continues to be produced continues to back up and reinforce that proof.
    You've proved many times that you know nothing about a whole lot of scientific fields and that you'll be intellectually dishonest to push your narrative.

Even the data that proves that climate changes is happening shows that it's happening regardless of human intervention and the CO2 concentration was not influenced enough by humans compared to other historical Global Warming periods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    You've proved many times that you know nothing about a whole lot of scientific fields and that you'll be intellectually dishonest to push your narrative.

Even the data that proves that climate changes is happening shows that it's happening regardless of human intervention and the CO2 concentration was not influenced enough by humans compared to other historical Global Warming periods.
    Completely false. I've already linked to reports that conclusively show this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Show me the studies that reached these conclusions please.

Quote Originally Posted by Blysto View Post
    It's not the climate which is in the most danger. It's the animal problem. A lot of animals will vanish from the world if we keep going this way, and that would be sad.
    We're one of them.