Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I already have 12 alts.

Why in the world would I want to level another 6 without a way to do it efficiently?
    Honestly, this is 1 a really dumb move on Blizz's side.

They aren't making the game better for Veterans. they are just pissing them off more.
    If people want the XP potions. They will even spend RL money(WoW token) to get gold to buy it off the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    God damn Blizzard and their cash grabs. What is next? Removing the FREE level boost they give you with expansion purchase? /s

All the levelling changes aren't meant for people with 100 alts, or for that dude with one main who decided he wants to try something different, it is made for new players to make it a better experience. If you can't level without the elixir then i am sorry you are just slow.

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    Why would they do all of this? Well because Allied races are most likely coming in 7.3.5. There will be a content draught, so people will level some allied race. Get annoyed by how slow it is and buy the boost.
    They will be coming in 7.3.5, but you won't be able to play them. They are locked behind owning Battle For Azeroth. If anything they'll be a 1 month early unlock like Demon Hunters were.

I have only used this a few times in legion, but I remember I used them all the time during warlords on alts.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they didn't go back to this "everyone needs to level slower" mentality.

Or at least they could've just increased EXP needed by 100% and increased Heirloom EXP bonus by 100%. SO the retards that complain about it being too fast can choose to level slow as fuck and the people that have already done it 100 times can still level as fast as they want. Another case of Blizzard taking the sides of retards that do nothing but complain about WoW instead of the people that actually enjoy the game as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if Elixir of Rapid Mind was deleted and they didn't announce it, isn't this just another scam by blizzard? Me and many of my friends re-subed for this event and this event only, to get our Elixir of Rapid Mind stocks.... What a bunch of bastards....

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Leveling is easy and fast and a bunch of people complain that leveling is a joke, used to be hard, etc.
    Blizz hears these complaints and rolls out changes to leveling to make it not only longer but also uses systems to make the content scale with you allowing people to level where they want.
    Leveling is slower and more difficult (but still fast and easy, just less so) and a bunch of people complain that leveling is now too slow and it must be a cash grab.

Can't please everyone.
    Ily mmoc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    All the levelling changes aren't meant for people with 100 alts, or for that dude with one main who decided he wants to try something different, it is made for new players to make it a better experience. If you can't level without the elixir then i am sorry you are just slow.
    That doesn't even make sense. How is the exp potion for new players? You need a main in order to obtain it (through it's direct source or to have the gold). Just like the heirloom stat changes, it makes no since to alter it because of newer players.

You obtain these things on your main to speed up the process even more. New players are completely irrelevant in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    If you can't level without the elixir then i am sorry you are just slow.
    Another statement that doesn't make any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    That doesn't even make sense. How is the exp potion for new players? You need a main in order to obtain it (through it's direct source or to have the gold). Just like the heirloom stat changes, it makes no since to alter it because of newer players.

You obtain these things on your main to speed up the process even more. New players are completely irrelevant in this regard.

Another statement that doesn't make any sense.
    The removal of it doesn't change anything either way. People complaining as if the sky is falling is what my comment is more directed towards. I don't know why it is no longer in the game, but i can tell you it certainly isn't to sell level boosts.

If you were good with those potions you could level from 60-100 in a few hours. That's why they've been removed. Gotta sell those boo$t$!
    If you ever wonder how dumb people really are then consider this: even in the golden age of smart heals dumb people still find ways to die.

I saw this coming since they announced allied races and heritage armor. I guess I can stop farming krol the blade now too. I have killed him 40+ times these past two weeks across multiple servers and it hasn't dropped any Elixir of ancient knowledge when I used to get 1 every 8-10 kills before.

5+ Year Old Account
    Sweet mercy you people are salty... How dare the developers improve the game for new people, how dare you actually have to level up... I mean its not like they are taking away your LFD spam are they.

What is coming soon? Allied Races. What sucks about leveling? It takes a long time. What can you do bypass that? Pay 60 dollars.
    So we nerf 1-60, Make it so monsters have more health, and stealth remove an XP buff.
    They nerfed heirlooms as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is most likely because they want to make leveling harder next patch, so removing these stops people from having them on mass, just ruining the whole point of the patch

- - - Updated - - -

Are you really going to defend this? It's so obvious though..

What is coming soon? Allied Races. What sucks about leveling? It takes a long time. What can you do bypass that? Pay 60 dollars.
    So we nerf 1-60, Make it so monsters have more health, and stealth remove an XP buff. While Making it so monsters actually are hard to kill while leveling isn't bad, that on top of a slower leveling experience is a bad thing.

Why would they do all of this? Well because Allied races are most likely coming in 7.3.5. There will be a content draught, so people will level some allied race. Get annoyed by how slow it is and buy the boost.
    you cant boost allied races.
    if you boost you dont get the heratige armor so...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I saw this coming since they announced allied races and heritage armor. I guess I can stop farming krol the blade now too. I have killed him 40+ times these past two weeks across multiple servers and it hasn't dropped any Elixir of ancient knowledge when I used to get 1 every 8-10 kills before.
    poor you. pot's been removed from krol in early 2017

They are clearly aiming to make the world feel "alive" again right after BfA launch, even if it is for a relatively short period of time. That way potential new players won't be put off by the emptiness of the whole place.

At the same time, they obviously want to artificially extend content to pad their time-played metric, because apparently those are the only numbers that count these days.

In other words: veteran players are pretty much screwed. If you like the new skins and want all those OP racials for yourself, either spend a couple of weeks leveling a new char for the n-th time or buy yourself a level boost/race change.
    Last edited by mingarrubia; 2017-12-17 at 10:34 AM.

Can't boost allied races.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

It would have been better if they announced this change in advance of the holiday, so people didn't spend time and effort preparing for it. I don't disagree with removing the potion though. They'll probably sell it in the cash shop soon enough. I believe they already do in China?

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    poor you. pot's been removed from krol in early 2017
    Was this confirmed? I don't see it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    Sweet mercy you people are salty... How dare the developers improve the game for new people, how dare you actually have to level up... I mean its not like they are taking away your LFD spam are they.
    I don't mind they removing these things from the game but I do mind wasting my time farming them if they have done so. They should come clean and say that they have removed/lowered the drop of these items at least.

Deleted
    I am curious if they make them grey or just leave it?

Since they removed MoP elixir too, and garrison mission... I am not sure if its worth holding onto these elixirs for resell.