Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Already explained the "pilot/technician" part.
    Go ahead explain, she can fix the millennium falcon, and fly it better then Solo ever did before with1 one minute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Go ahead explain, she can fix the millennium falcon, and fly it better then Solo ever did before with1 one minute.
    Rey's Survival Guide, came out on the same day as TFA. She fixed, studied and piloted (on simulators) ships since she was 10. She knew that the Falcon's fixes were all wrong for a reason.

So, no, it wasn't one minute, it was years of practice tied with Force skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    It was beautiful, but if anything, the lightspeed kamikaze was too 'light'. That cruiser's energy would've obliterated the whole armada and half the solar system.
    Yeah, for it to basically just lop a wing off of that ship and not cause the entire ship (let alone other nearby ships/objects) to explode seemed a bit weird. I'm not Ph.D in physics, though.

Deleted
    Rey's Survival Guide, came out on the same day as TFA. She fixed, studied and piloted (on simulators) ships since she was 10. She knew that the Falcon's fixes were all wrong for a reason.
    Ok then the acting of Rey was rly bad in the movie because even she acted like she did not know what she did when she was bypassing the compressor when Solo asked her how she did it.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2017-12-18 at 04:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    While I was not overall a fan of TLJ.

I think you need to understand the difference between opinion and fact. Insulting someone who has a different opinion than you is laughable. I think you need to reapply to grade school to get a better understanding of what fact and opinion means. Infact, maybe you could film it. Remake to Billy Madison? Yea please.
    The fact that is 7 and 8 are fan fiction. Here is your precious TLJ director.

When speaking with The L.A. Times at D23, Johnson spoke about how he struggled to craft the words that he knew would set the tone for the upcoming film.

The filmmaker began to say that he was "petrified" at the task, but mid-sentence, he caught himself, revealing, "Actually, you know, I just did it.” Johnson continued, “I just started writing the draft. I wrote something, and it was terrible. And then I was watching one of the behind-the-scenes things and [George] Lucas said, ‘It’s like writing a haiku.’”

Johnson added, “I realized as I was refining it what he meant. We didn’t finish the opening crawl and totally lock it until a few weeks ago actually. Because you’re like, ‘Do we need this word, do we need that word, what if we shift?’ It’s like a poem, there’s very little room for error in trying to get it just right. Which is awesome, it’s really fun.”

Before revealing his inclusion of "decimated" made him particularly proud, Johnson joked about the word he was especially proud of fitting into the crawl.

“It would be funny if it was ‘poop,’” Johnson joked. “Which is a first for the Star Wars universe. That’s the whole crawl, just the word ‘poop.’
    Yep... a poop joke. Clearly a better director than Lucas... http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/1...ng-crawl-text/

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    1. The Last Jedi
    2. Rogue One
    3. Empires Strikes Back
    4. A New Hope
    5. Return of the Jedi
    6. The Force Awakens
    7. Revenge of the Sith
    8. Attack of the Clones
    9. The Phantom Menace
    1 - The Last Jedi
    2 - The Empire Strikes Back
    3 - Rogue One
    4 - A New Hope
    5 - The Force Awakens
    6 - Revenge of the Sith
    7 - Return of the Jedi
    8 - Attack of the Clones
    9 - The Phantom Menace
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Deleted
    Ok then the acting of Rey was rly bad in the movie because even she acted like she did not know what she did when she was bypassing the compressor when Solo asked her how she did it.
    The fact that she bypassed it showcases that she knew how to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Snoke was a little wasted, I agree. Not sure what's going on there, and if it'll be resolved in the last part. We have a mysterious high-level Sith just show up out of nowhere with no explanation and then he just gets finished off just like that?
    RJ was quoted as saying that there was no point in Snoke having a big expose on his background - it would literally be a waste of screen time. If he came out and spent 30 minutes saying how he was Darth Plagueis or whoever, Rey would just say, "Who?" and go about her business.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Deleted
    The fact that she bypassed it showcases that she knew how to fix it.
    Ofc she knew otherwise it would not been in the movie.
    She also knew to Jedi mindtrick.
    She also knew to battle with a Lightsaber.
    She also knew to make rocks fly.
    She also knew to Force pull lightsaber.
    She also knew to swim in water but never left a desert planet.

So yeah i am alrdy know that Rey knows everything what the story needs.
    She is the greatest Jedi ever Anakin Skywalker is a joke compaired to her with all the training he needed.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2017-12-18 at 04:20 PM.

Saw it first showing this past Thursday evening. Enjoyed it, although I had a few points of contention:

- Leia toggling god mode briefly; bit of a surprise to see that considering Carrie Fisher's passing, but at the same time, to have her go out at that point would've been rather anticlimatic.
    - Luke goes from hermit not giving a shit to some sort of Jedi super saiyan, projecting himself onto another planet, being all badass...then poof, done. Like, really?
    - The lightspeed collision, as I commented on in a previous reply; that should've resulted in a much more spectacular explosion, to put it mildly
    - Supreme Leader Snoke? More like Surpreme Leader Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I have a lot of criticisms of the movie but by far these are my 2 absolute favorite aspects of it:

1. The lightspeed collision. I love Laura Dern (Jurassic Park is my favorite movie), and I like how her motives were kept ambiguous. For a moment I thought she was the traitor who planted the beacon on the cruiser for the bad guys.
    This was actually one of my least favorite aspects of the movie. The whole ambiguity of it was just forced drama for the sake of drama, and functioned to the active detriment of the entire resistance.

Poor, Finn and Rose only came up with their idiotic filler plan of "find this random dude, break into Snoke's ship,
    and disable the magic tracking device for a 30 seconds" because Poe believed the Vice Admiral was either malicious or incompetent, STEMMING DIRECTLY from her being coy about why she ordered them to essentially do nothing and die. This is especially infuriating when it's revealed there isn't actually a mole on the ship, but they've just been tracking them through lightspeed because reasons.

This entire sequence leads to absolutely nothing being accomplished except Finn, Rose and said random dude getting caught on the ship, at which point random dude somehow knows about the plan that not even Finn and Rose know about and betrays transport ships to the First Order, resulting in MASSIVE casualties.

This ENTIRE THING could have been avoided if Laura Dern just said "lol there's a base up ahead and we're gonna trick the First Order bro" when Poe asked the legitimate "what's the plan" question, saved us roughly an hour of pointless running around, and opened up time for characters to do actually relevant shit. Instead, we get what amounted to a video game fetch quest and a storyline that had absolutely no payoff that just bloated an already full movie while providing no interesting plot threads at all.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    2 articles discussing in more detail the points that I raised earlier:

http://www.vulture.com/2017/12/rey-p...-populism.html

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...isten-to-women
    The Vice Admiral's plan fails because she witholds her plan from her subordinates for no reason what so ever. There had been multiple desertion attempts because as far as anybody but the bridge staff knew, their plan was literally just to fly around on fumes and hope for a miracle, so naturally people like Poe started looking for alternatives beyond praying. Poe's plan went bust, but considering he seemed happy with her idea after being stunned, if she'd have told him in the first place then 90% of the Resistance would be alive.

Rey's parents being nobodies is bad specifically because Rey is such a Mary Sue. Yes, the idea that ANYBODY can have amazing potential rather than it being tied to inherited DNA is a good idea, however she is such a bloody Mary Sue that having something like her being related to a powerful force user and us knowing bloodlines do have an effect' would go SOME tiny way to justifying her nonsense. Instead, no, she really is just that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    RJ was quoted as saying that there was no point in Snoke having a big expose on his background - it would literally be a waste of screen time. If he came out and spent 30 minutes saying how he was Darth Plagueis or whoever, Rey would just say, "Who?" and go about her business.
    This might begin to make sense if the movie was made for a fictional character (Rey) and not an audience that has seen 7 previous SW films. RJ is an idiot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    The Vice Admiral's plan fails because she witholds her plan from her subordinates for no reason what so ever.
    She witholds her plan from those on the bottom of the chain of command. Especially to someone that was demoted because reckless actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Poe's plan went bust, but considering he seemed happy with her idea after being stunned, if she'd have told him in the first place then 90% of the Resistance would be alive.
    It was Poe's plan that led to the discovery of Holdor's plan. If he accepted the orders, respected the chain of command and not organized a mutiny, people would still be alive.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-12-18 at 04:37 PM.

Ofc she knew otherwise it would not been in the movie.
    She also knew to Jedi mindtrick.
    Only after seeing Kylo Ren try to use it on her and effectively fought back against it. Watch the sequence again. She didn't get it on her first try, her expressions show that she didn't think it was going to work and was surprised af that it did.

She also knew to battle with a Lightsaber.
    A lightsaber is no different than any other martial weapon, which she's shown that she's capable of using. Just like Finn could use a lightsaber. All these years we've been made to believe that only Jedi/Sith can use them, when in fact that's false, and TFA showed that. A lightsaber is just another sword, just made out of plasma.

She also knew to make rocks fly.
    And? It was shown that she could manipulate things on Ach To after Luke had her reach out under his direction. Luke couldn't do it at first because he lacked confidence in himself and limited himself. "Unlearn what you have learned" is something Yoda has said to Luke TWICE now. Rey's never shown that level of mental resistance.

She also knew to Force pull lightsaber.
    Again, watch the sequence. She absolutely didn't expect the lightsaber to go to her. For all we know, she could have been reaching out for the lighsaber, the same way we would reach out if we saw something falling, even though we have zero expectation to be able to stop it from happening. Only, for her, the lightsaber went right to her, and she was shocked that it did. Plus she saw Ben doing it, and probably thought to try too. If it's not already clear, Rey picks up on stuff quickly, and isn't afraid to take chances.

She also knew to swim in water but never left a desert planet.
    Are you seriously grasping for straws now? How do dogs know how to swim? Or babies? It's kind of an instinctive thing, and her gasping as she pulled herself out of the water kinda shows that she didn't really know what she was doing.

So yeah i am alrdy know that Rey knows everything what the story needs.
    Like Luke? Like Anakin?

She is the greatest Jedi ever Anakin Skywalker is a joke compaired to her with all the training he needed.
    Hyperbole certainly makes your argument that much more solid.
    Last edited by Krigaren; 2017-12-18 at 04:42 PM.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Hyperbole certainly makes your argument that much more solid.
    I am not making an argument i am saying Rey knows and can do anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was a masterfully crafted movie with amazing visuals and predictably, beautiful music. But I hated the story. Absolutely hated it.

SPOILERS BE WARNED.

Tthe mystery of Rey's parents, which the creators behind these movies have teased and egged on for 2 years, was squandered on 'ur parents were drunks who sold u 4 booze'. Her abnormal connection to the force could have been explained through something mysterious and cool, but nope... she's an unwanted child who just happens to be like, the strongest living force user in the galaxy now.

Snoke, whose appearance alone presented incredible opportunities for backstory and connection to older films/stories, was sliced in half as an afterthought. Were you curious about him? Well too damn bad! As powerful as Snoke was, he seriously couldn't sense what Kylo was doing?

Speaking of which - I hated that Kylo Ren went from a remorseful, possibly redeemable character to a NYAHAHAH LETS RULE THE GALAXY TOGETHER cliche of a villain. All he needed was a mustache to twirl. I remember reading a rumor that it was Rey who would turn in TLJ, that would have been a hell of a lot better than what we got with Kylo.

They made Poe look like a hotheaded dumbass, whose recklessness helped get a whole hell of a lot of people killed. But hey, that's okay, no consequences for you Poe!

And I absolutely hate this portrayal of Luke Skywalker. That he nearly murdered his nephew on suspicions of dark side stuff, and in doing so basically 'created' Kylo Ren - but Luke did nothing as the First Order laid waste to everything (including his friends). Instead he's been pouting on Ahch'to or whatever it's called, milking sea donkeys or whatever.

The guy who risked his life to find the good in his father, is considering murdering a child because of something he can't control (Snoke's influence)? Really? I read that Mark Hamill fundamentally disagreed with the direction they took Luke in, and now I see why.

And when it comes time to finally man up and face his demons, its not even him, but a projected force-hologram. An act that was so taxing, such an exertion, that it literally caused him to die.

Don't even get me started on that. With Han gone, Luke dead and Carrie Fisher's passing (necessitating that Leia too will die in or before E9), the original generation of SW that many of us grew up on has effectively been wiped out. And yeah I know, he'll almost certainly cameo as a force ghost. MH even said that he was in the next movie, before E8 released. But it is still the end of that character, because Rian Johnson 'felt' like that's where his story should go.

I know my opinion isn't a popular one, but I walked out of the theater feeling a mix of disappointment and anger. Not the feelings I was hoping for.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Krooked View Post
    This was actually one of my least favorite aspects of the movie. The whole ambiguity of it was just forced drama for the sake of drama, and functioned to the active detriment of the entire resistance.

Poor, Finn and Rose only came up with their idiotic filler plan of "find this random dude, break into Snoke's ship,
    and disable the magic tracking device for a 30 seconds" because Poe believed the Vice Admiral was either malicious or incompetent, STEMMING DIRECTLY from her being coy about why she ordered them to essentially do nothing and die. This is especially infuriating when it's revealed there isn't actually a mole on the ship, but they've just been tracking them through lightspeed because reasons.

This entire sequence leads to absolutely nothing being accomplished except Finn, Rose and said random dude getting caught on the ship, at which point random dude somehow knows about the plan that not even Finn and Rose know about and betrays transport ships to the First Order, resulting in MASSIVE casualties.

This ENTIRE THING could have been avoided if Laura Dern just said "lol there's a base up ahead and we're gonna trick the First Order bro" when Poe asked the legitimate "what's the plan" question, saved us roughly an hour of pointless running around, and opened up time for characters to do actually relevant shit. Instead, we get what amounted to a video game fetch quest and a storyline that had absolutely no payoff that just bloated an already full movie while providing no interesting plot threads at all.
    I think the failures of that side plot was important because in the past the reckless Han Solo type was always rewarded for being rebellious. It was actually refreshing to see a realistic depiction of authority withholding information from a lower ranked officer. Just my opinion though.

10+ Year Old Account
    She witholds her plan from those on the bottom of the chain of command. Especially to someone that was demoted because reckless actions.

It was Poe's plan that led to the discovery of Holdor's plan. If he accepted the orders, respected the chain of command and not organized a mutiny, people would still be alive.
    This, so much this. They made him look like a hotheaded moron, and it got tons of people killed.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I am not making an argument i am saying Rey knows and can do anything.
    You are making an argument though. You're making the argument that Rey is a "Mary Sue" because she can do everything when "Anakin needed all this training".

It's established in the story how Rey can do the things she can do. She doesn't do things because the story needs her to, the story explained how and why she's capable of it from the start, and we, as the audience, are witness to her journey as she discovers what more she's capable of. Our surprise mirrors hers.

But let's keep in mind: Anakin - as an 8 year old boy - built a protocol droid and the best pod racer ever seen in the galaxy out of junkyard spare parts, and then went on to beat professional racers in a sport that it was established that no human has the physical capability to compete in. 8 years old. After we were told that he's an immaculate conception child with more potential power than Grand Master Yoda.

Really don't think believability should be an issue in Star Wars.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."