Page 73 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    No, it should be between the person and their doctor or insurance company. The government and employer should have nothing to do with it
    It's good to know you don't support restrictions on abortion.

Also, maybe you should read everything I have been writing.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    So back to the routine?
    As you call me ignorant and names and then try to infract me. Are you sad with this routine?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You're simply misleading people then. Because Trump appointed him to his current position.
    No, you're misdirecting people and putting words in my mouth. Don't try to hide the fact that Obama appointed him in the First place. I simply put his new title next to his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    When did they ever say you would get free health care?
    The same week they said you get free Obamaphone! No seriously, they said if I quit my job and went on welfare that I would get FREE health care. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Off topic but If Europeans health care was so good then why do the majority have fucked up teeth? Also why do the people with the most critical of conditions come to the USA for surgery? xD
    Is that a UK stereotype? Think it's genetics.

Americans have a fair bit of German blood so probably that's why you don't tend to have the old British Smile :P

Also it's probably a Hollywood thing, for a lot of the 20th Century US films have put a big emphasis on casting lantern-jawed actors with perfect smiles. You could get be a big name actor in Britain without perfect teeth, not so much in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Youtube + Google Fiber have been censoring conversative media for years. Do you have a problem with that? Do you have problem with a private company practicing their own business practices? Did you know that there are satellites in the sky for internet other than old infustructre wires that run in the ground? Free Market capitalism is a godsend and competition is always good for business. NN is a regulation plain and simple and the internet from 1994-2015 was the Wild West.
    If Youtube is censoring conservative media then why is it full of shitlords? LOL.

P.S. Do you use satellite internet? You know what kind of speed and reliability you get out of that?

Satellites are the future of Internet communications. Its much cheeper to put one in orbit than to wire an entire city! Also the speeds will be unmatched.

#next
    Mmmmm, yeah you don't have a clue what you're talking about there I'm afraid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Here is what you are looking for:

The right side, third bar.
    Jesus and I thought my ISP coverage was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Don't try to hide the fact that Obama appointed him in the First place. I simply put his new title next to his name.
    Because Obama was required to nominate a Republican, as only 3/5 seats can be from one party. It was Mitch McConnell that recommended Ajit Pai to be nominated.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it's already posted but posting it just in case it didn't

The same week they said you get free Obamaphone! No seriously, they said if I quit my job and went on welfare that I would get FREE health care. xD
    Here's the problem behind literally everything you have said in this thread:

Your tribalism has so overridden your ability for objective thought that you're against something objectively bad, and doing mental gymnastics to defend your side on what you perceive to be a left vs.right issue. This is not left vs. right. If anything, the right's claim to be the champions of constitutional rights, free thought even if that thought is hateful, a lack of safe spaces, and conservatism itself should put you firmly on the side of net neutrality. You should be the ones screaming it's those regressive lefts trying to take it away. But here the fuck we are. Why? Because anti-net neutrality is pro-big corporation, and we sure the hell know which team, and more importantly which propaganda network, is pro-big corporation.

So now those of us who haven't put our politics ahead of our sense have to sit through tired spectacles of kids defending something solely because of the color of the team, who won't listen to any of the actual arguments and data showing they are wrong to the wrongth degree, because they have endless nonsense about "competition" they've been fed to spit back at us.

If we were to allow any sort of selective gatekeeping on the internet, it should start with stopping tribalists from accessing it.
    Last edited by Grapemask; 2017-12-18 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Here's the problem behind literally everything you have said in this thread:

Your tribalism has so overridden your ability for objective thought that you're against something objectively bad, and doing mental gymnastics to defend your side on what you perceive to be a left vs.right issue. This is not left vs. right. If anything, the right's claim to be the champions of constitutional rights, free thought even if that thought is hateful, a lack of safe spaces, and conservatism itself should put you firmly on the side of net neutrality. You should be the ones screaming it's those regressive lefts trying to take it away. But here the fuck we are. Why? Because anti-net neutrality is pro-big corporation, and we sure the hell know which team, and more importantly which propaganda network, is pro-big corporation.

So now those of us who haven't put our politics ahead of our sense have to sit through tired spectacles of kids defending something solely because of the color of the team, who won't listen to any of the actual arguments and data showing they are wrong to the wrongth degree, because they have endless nonsense about "competition" they've been fed to spit back at us.

If we were to allow any sort of selective gatekeeping on the internet, it should start with stopping tribalists from accessing it.
    Here is what is wrong with this website and your ideology. MMO Champion hates and blocks FREEDOM of speech and expression. But can I do anything about it because its a private company? NOPE

Now that private ISP's are doing the same you want to QQ because you cannot control them.

See you have no problem when its your fairytale side getting their way. Now the tables are turning and you will be blocked. TOP KEK

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Because Obama was required to nominate a Republican, as only 3/5 seats can be from one party. It was Mitch McConnell that recommended Ajit Pai to be nominated.
    Again, it still dosen't change the fact that Obama appointed him. Who cares what party he is with or who recommended him. HE WAS APPOINTED BY OBAMA

#FACTS

#NEXT

Regardless of the part where ISPs can try and manipulate public opinion, and instead focusing solely on the commercial part where they can try and sell packages to squeeze more money from the costumer. My question is, what was stopping them from just charging more when there was NN? Why do they need to sell packages to profit more?

Not that it matters to the anti NN nutters but Pai wasn’t made a chairmen of the FCC by Obama... that was your god king, not that it should matter besides being a really really pathetic deflection from the topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    Regardless of the part where ISPs can try and manipulate public opinion, and instead focusing solely on the commercial part where they can try and sell packages to squeeze more money from the costumer. My question is, what was stopping them from just charging more when there was NN? Why do they need to sell packages to profit more?
    This is a good point (and yes, I agree).

It shows what the real issue is (lack of competition) and it shows that net neutrality is largely irrelevant to it at least wrt the scariest fear of prices being raised, etc (because if you don't have a choice, you don't have a choice and your provider can already try to gouge you and you already have no options, net neutrality or not).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Not that it matters to the anti NN nutters but Pai wasn’t made a chairmen of the FCC by Obama... that was your god king, not that it should matter besides being a really really pathetic deflection from the topic at hand.
    It shouldn't mater, because he wasn't Obamas choice. Pointing at Obama is just deflection. But I agree, it shouldn't mater. Everyone has their price and only three people needed to be bought for this to happen.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

If Youtube is censoring conservative media then why is it full of shitlords? LOL.

P.S. Do you use satellite internet? You know what kind of speed and reliability you get out of that?

Mmmmm, yeah you don't have a clue what you're talking about there I'm afraid.

- - - Updated - - -

Ever served in the United States Military? Their speeds blow anything you have ever used out of the water. The future is satellites and they're also cheaper than wiring an entire city or state!

It seems like you have no idea what you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    The future is satellites and they're also cheaper than wiring an entire city or state!
    Perhaps for basic things, but the latency is too high for a lot of what the internet is used for.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Perhaps for basic things, but the latency is too high for a lot of what the internet is used for.
    Um, what are you talking about lol? That makes no sense. Re-read what you just typed

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever served in the United States Military? Their speeds blow anything you have ever used out of the water. The future is satellites and they're also cheaper than wiring an entire city or state!

Have you ever used commercial satellite internet? I've used Hughesnet, which was the only internet available in the area I was living, and the latency jumps up to 600mbs with a data cap of 10gb for $50/mo.

it costs about $900 million to put a good satellite in space. then maintenance and it is so much easier to work on things on the ground than in space and cost far less than sending someone to space. so you saying it is cheaper, idk about that.

and your also talking about the military which spends millions of dollars on this something the normal consumer dont have. yeah what they have might be faster but they have the resources to use it unlike billy bob.

im just glad i live in a city that has fiber internet. 1 gig up and down is really nice
    Last edited by sosleapy; 2017-12-18 at 05:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    been noticing a lot of throttling of youtube in the past couple days....wonder why that is.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    been noticing a lot of throttling of youtube in the past couple days....wonder why that is.
    Protests over their fight with Amazon?

-Kujako-