Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

The USA Will be Taking Names! Warning Before UN General Assembly Vote

Ok so Trump decided to unilaterally recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel

Turkey then put a vote to the UN Security Council, which did not name the USA, stating that unilateral recognition of the change of status of Jerusalem should not be legally binding

14 members of the council voted for and the USA vetoed it

Turkey then decided to take the vote to the UN General Assembly

The USA reaction is in this news item

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-42424666

So the USA has effectively put itself in the position of dictating to the rest of the world how they should vote or they would be taking names

"We will be taking names"

Never realised the UN General Assembly and its representatives were, in fact, school kids with Nikki Haley as the Headmistress!

/discuss
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

And ? /10chars

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Ok so Trump decided to unilaterally recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel

Turkey then put a vote to the UN Security Council, which did not name the USA, stating that unilateral recognition of the change of status of Jerusalem should not be legally binding

So the USA has effectively put itself in the position of dictating to the rest of the world how they should vote or they would be taking names

Never realised the UN General Assembly and its representatives were, in fact, school kids with Nikki Haley as the Headmistress!

/discuss
    More deplorable behavior from Dumbass Drumpf and his cast of idiots. The shit show continues.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fail to see how burning all the bridges and throwing away all our bargaining chips is supposed to help the U.S.

Coming out from isolationism and creating global connections through diplomacy and compromises made it great.

As it stands, the rest of the world can just tell the U.S. to fuck off. No empire stands for long and a new leading power will rise and take the place of a declining U.S.

7+ Year Old Account

/discuss
    Big win in my book, bout time!. taking names and kicking butts. way to put the general assembly back in its place. Nikki haley, way to go girl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antius View Post
    And ? /10chars
    And its childish, un-statesmanlike and petty.

I can't imagine why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    Big win in my book, bout time!. taking names and kicking butts. way to put the general assembly back in its place. Nikki haley, way to go girl.
    Making the UN grate again, eh ?

10+ Year Old Account

/discuss
    Can someone explain to me how any single US Resident has any say in what the capital of another country is? We have no ownership, nor authority over Israel.

This confuses the hell out of me.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know who else took names and put them on a list???

That's right, the guy who used to ask what we wanted ordering for our lunch.

Great diplomacy though. Don't like what we want and you go in our naughty book. How far the US has fallen, it is run by children.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I fail to see how burning all the bridges and throwing away all our bargaining chips is supposed to help the U.S.

Coming out from isolationism and creating global connections through diplomacy and compromises made it great.

As it stands, the rest of the world can just tell the U.S. to fuck off. No empire stands for long and a new leading power will rise and take the place of a declining U.S.
    I guess this is what the sheeple that run around saying Trump will make America great again think is the way to go. I'm just glad that it was Kennedy in office and not someone like Trump during the Cuban Missile crisis.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    the other 14 members should maintain their stance and the general assembly should laugh Nikki out of the plenum. but was it also Tillerson's idea or a direct order from Trump to tell such utter bs ?

This is thuggery and totally gang-handed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Can someone explain to me how any single US Resident has any say in what the capital of another country is? We have no ownership, nor authority over Israel.

This confuses the hell out of me.
    The U.S. should kick the U.N. out. And stop with paying for most of it like NATO.

http://www.politifact.com/global-new...un-22-percent/

Its because the US is currently being run by the Kremlin...
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Taking names and then...what?

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't get it. Does that mean that another country can tell us that Wyoming is recognised as the capital of the U.S.?

I'm very confused over this, and how it has any impact on anything or anyone.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Trump can destroy in months what it took others decades to build. No other president has damaged international relations in such a scope.

It's good if you're Russian
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by dbaum23 View Post
    The U.S. should kick the U.N. out. And stop with paying for most of it like NATO.

http://www.politifact.com/global-new...un-22-percent/
    Lol, the only time in Nato history where it was actually needed, was when your president, asked Nato to help the US out, when they went full aggro on Afghanistan...
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    The UN is meaningless and a waste of money.
    USA took umbrage, so the Security Council is not so meaningless to them ?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    the other 14 members should maintain their stance and the general assembly should laugh Nikki out of the plenum. but was it also Tillerson's idea or a direct order from Trump to tell such utter bs ?
    Looks like it was Trump

Permanent representative Nikki Haley warned member states that President Donald Trump had asked her to report on "who voted against us" on Thursday.

The draft resolution does not mention the US, but says any decisions on Jerusalem should be cancelled.

Mr Trump later threatened to cut off financial aid to those who backed it.

"They take hundreds of millions of dollars and even billions of dollars, and then they vote against us. Well, we're watching those votes," he told reporters at the White House. "Let them vote against us. We'll save a lot. We don't care."
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!