Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    J. Alen Brack:

"What’s important to us is that we have this Classic experience people can enjoy, that people do have the opportunity to go back to. This is an important game in videogame history and there’s not a way to go back and experience that today. This is also about preserving something that we think is really important."

It will be as close as possible to the original, and this is also as the vast majority of ppl that were asking for classic want.

If you want to change this then sorry but it suits you, go play retail then...

Quote Originally Posted by rewhaha View Post
    It's pretty annoying that the smallest features means you're a retail scrub. Is there any room for a nuanced view of the issues?

aoe looting won't break the game
    dual spec won't break the game

I MEAN DO YOU EXPECT BLIZZARD TECHS TO START DOING LOOT ERROR TICKETS MANUALLY AGAIN? I GUARANTEE THEY'LL ADD THE 2 HOUR LOOT TRADING WINDOW. JUST SAYIN
    Not classic, stop yammering.
    It will not happen.

Go play retail scrub.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Not classic, stop yammering.
    It will not happen.

Go play retail scrub.
    This will kick you in the butt as soon as first changes for classic will be revealed. But hey, at least you can stay play on private server

42 pages of people who can't seem to realize that WoW Classic should literally just be a static 1.12 patch or scheduled release of Vanilla with exploit/bug fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Problem with your arguments is, they never said that. They said they want keep inconveniences in the game, but aside of that, everything is on table. Your whole post is "what I want in the game and I hope it will be there".

Buddy, I can't wait for Classic.. I read every single piece of interview, article, QA ..everything I found. They are saying same things again and again, "we want recreate Vanilla experience, but we are not ready to share any news, decisions were not made yet, but keep feedback coming, we are listening" but they never said what you think they said. Do you remember this big document, where people could vote, what they would like to see in Classic? Blues themselves shared that document and encouraged people to take part in it.

Did you read that document? There were many things you may not like, but if anything, there is tons of indication, they really want consider all of their options.
    They have said that. They've repeated it. They've clarified it.

If you want to pull a scrap of hope out of your ass and then worship it that's up to you, but you don't have anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    They have said that. They've repeated it. They've clarified it.

If you want to pull a scrap of hope out of your ass and then worship it that's up to you, but you don't have anything.
    Post it. I am googling it, can't find it.

Otherwise, you are making things up.

Deleted
    Post it. I am googling it, can't find it.

Otherwise, you are making things up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r7AFMw2fAk&t=1m0s

"We know vanilla means vanilla, that means some of the inconveninces and some of the rough eddges."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AmethystRockstar View Post
    Why should people who want the game as it was, cater to those who turned the game into something we resent?
    Maybe because classic with multimail and tmog will not turn vanilla into legion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

"We know vanilla means vanilla, that means some of the inconveninces and some of the rough eddges."
    "No flight in Draenor"... for months, even after release. And all the sudden...

Note they are not saying "that means inconveniences and rough edges", but "Some of the inconveniences and some of the rough edges".
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-12-20 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

Yep, exactly what I thought. Someone, who is reading too much into everything, while not listening enough

But I can translate this for you : No LFG and LFR.

Yep, exactly what I thought. Someone, who is reading too much into everything, while not listening enough

But I can translate this for you : No LFG and LFR.

I wish he had said "all of the inconveniences and all of the rough edges." =(

Quote Originally Posted by bamf775 View Post
    I wish he had said "all of the inconveniences and all of the rough edges." =(
    He can't say that yet, they have no idea if things like new mailbox system will be in, or if meeting stones will teleport people etc. Things like these are still not decided..at least according some interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    What about when I'm farming Scarlet Monastery for gold at max level because there are no daily quests in classic?
    One by one

Quote Originally Posted by maomoa View Post
    42 pages of people who can't seem to realize that WoW Classic should literally just be a static 1.12 patch or scheduled release of Vanilla with exploit/bug fixes.
    imo it shouldnt be 1.12.. it should start from the earlier patches

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    What about when I'm farming Scarlet Monastery for gold at max level because there are no daily quests in classic?
    You can then relive the classic experience of having a cool idea to your friends of being able to click one mob to loot everything. Laughing at the idea, and you and your friends will be "Nah, That'll never happen."

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    J. Alen Brack:

"What’s important to us is that we have this Classic experience people can enjoy, that people do have the opportunity to go back to. This is an important game in videogame history and there’s not a way to go back and experience that today. This is also about preserving something that we think is really important."
    I can cherry pick too. Hm, somehow it tells a different story now.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    He probably said "some" because that's just how it'll turn out. Some of the inconveniences will be there, some won't.
    I think they will make some minor changes, things that won't impact the philosophy of the game, things like adding a self cast modifier wich was introduced at a later point, thinks like allowing auto loot by default instead of forcing to use "shift+click" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    It was obviously easier to level up as a DPS. It doesn't mean it was "impossible" or "very hard" to do so as healer/tank. Mainly it was very slow for holy paladin and resto druids (maybe shamans too, never played a healing shaman). Typically, healers and tanks traded speed for survivability.

There is also the massive "echo chamber" effect, when people just jump on the bandwagon of what they hear repeated around, and make the opinion their own (that's one of the reason hoaxes exist, and why I'm pretty wary of "everyone says that..."). Things like "there was not enough quest to reach 60 in Vanilla", or "only acceptable spec is the best one" when there is alternative spec which are only about 1 to 3 % behind, or "holy priest is horrible to level". They are false, but are hold as true because they were heard so often.

There were two reasons I leveled up my holy priestess :

1) To have fun with the FSR (and that's why I stopped playing her after Cata made the whole dance irrelevant).
    2) To check reality vs what people in my guild were saying.

Fact was, one guy in my guild who was actually playing a holy priest was saying "nah, it's actually pretty easy", and many who were not were repeating "it's a nightmare !!!".
    Went to see for myself. It felt pretty slow, but on the other hand I never needed to stop and I nearly never died. In the end, it was slower but not THAT much, and I died much less than with any other class except my huntress (and there was a much higher difference between said huntress and any other character than between the priestess and the fastest non-hunter or warlock character).

And when you claim it's idiotic to level as a healer, it seems you're just showing the typical binary obsession with "n°1 or bust", which is at the root of most of these absurd generalisations I spoke above.
    So you admit that it is slower after all? A healer ddidn't do nearly as much dps as a dps spec in vanilla and thus they leveled much slower. You talk about not dying as often, well maybe you shouldn't pick fights you can't win to begin with? how about picking them off one at a time?

There was a lack of quests, how can you even deny this? I guess me and my friends having to grind orcs in wetlands every time we leveled wasn't a thing? I guess my friends that went all the way to lvl 60 in the more recent vanilla servers didn't have to grind the last few levels either?

Your "argument" against the fact that leveling as a healer is way slower than it has to be is "it is slower but not so much" which is just plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    "sitting down to crit yourself for Reckoning stacks has nothing to do with the gameplay"
    LOL
    Are you dumb? I said BUGS have nothing to do with the gameplay. They are MISTAKES made by developers, not GAMEPLAY. Stop being fucking retarded, what the fuck?

Deleted
    I'm still feeling the Classic hype and still looking forward to it more than bfa or Legion.

15+ Year Old Account
    My goodness. I've been playing since Beta 2005 and I do NOT want to return to the old days. I have nostalgia for a lot of things but certainly not that.
    Yeah, yeah just me. To each their own but I can see it already: it won't be what the Vanilla people want in the end and then the crying will be loud again.