Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Again, that isn’t plot armor dude, your repeated incorrect grasp of what plot armor actually is is simply confounding.

Sylvanas couldn’t get resurrected if a demon ate her soul, or if Guldan captured it. Sylvanas has extra lives, it’s still not plot armor, unless plot armor I your personal dictionary means “hard to kill”
    Plot armor is when a character survives something ridiculous, something it realistically shouldn't.

The Val'kyr are her plot armor indirectly, because Blizzard doesn't have to write up stupidly unbelievable scenarios about how she survived, but instead uses them one by one to look credible. It is a lowkey plot armor tool that looks more credible, but actually isn't.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-12-24 at 12:25 AM.

Jaina is the next to die

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I love when people cite plot armor when Anduin and velen have literally the biggest fucking plot armor, a comic showing him in the future and no dont DARE say "it's a vision that might not happen", the stupid thing literally says "many years later". That is fucking plot armor, we already know nothing will happen to Velen and Anduin, you can't make that claim for any other leader, but ofcourse it doesn't suit your bias so it doesn't matter.
    i like anduin but he shouldn’t be high king. but the fact that humans with get to mary sue the alliance for decades to come shouldn’t be surprising, i guess

not gonna happen, if anything andukid is being mind controlled and needs to be put down by the alliance, maybe the dog king can kill him and claim the throne.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    not gonna happen, if anything andukid is being mind controlled and needs to be put down by the alliance, maybe the dog king can kill him and claim the throne.
    Dog king, boy king, banshee queen, diamond king.

Freakcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Is it not enough for Alliance players to:

-Invade Orgrimmar and kill the Horde faction leader?
    -Spend an entire expansion killing 'dem evul orcs' while being the perfect infallible good guys?
    -Have Alliance races and characters be the focus of Legion?
    -Get Turalyon and Alleria back?
    -Got nothing out of that aside from deposing Garrosh. The whole "remaining as the sole superpower" hasn't really affected the story in any meaningful way since the Horde looks pretty fine by BoA.
    -Just because we're fighting orcs doesn't mean we are fighting the Horde. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together should know this. Just as fighting Arthas didn't mean we're fighting the Alliance because he is human.
    -Velen is the only actually Alliance character of significance.
    -Alleria becomes a cringy void elf and Turalyon is made a dunce so Illidan looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I love when people cite plot armor when Anduin and velen have literally the biggest fucking plot armor, a comic showing him in the future and no dont DARE say "it's a vision that might not happen", the stupid thing literally says "many years later"like a flash forward. That is fucking plot armor, we already know nothing will happen to Velen and Anduin, you can't make that claim for any other leader, but ofcourse it doesn't suit your bias so it doesn't matter.
    Anduin being shit does not equate to Sylvanas not being shit. I get where you're coming from but it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Plot armor is when a character survives something ridiculous, something it realistically shouldn't.

The Val'kyr are her plot armor indirectly, because Blizzard doesn't have to write up stupidly unbelievable scenarios about how she survived, but instead uses them one by one to look credible. It is a lowkey plot armor tool that looks more credible, but actually isn't.
    Within the context of the story Valkyr make sense. They were set up prior, so this isn't something pulled out of nowhere to save her. So she isn't surviving something she shouldn't. She's dying, and then being resurrected by Valkyr.
    Plot armor is something like AU Grom. There's no real reason he didn't die, other than Blizz wanting a redemption story with him. We kill Zakkun, and suddenly he's our bro, and we fight demons together and stuff. He could have, and probably should have died when he got captured by Gul'dan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Jeeze, you Alliance players/over zealous sympathizers are never satisfied.

You paint the Horde as evil and bloodthirsty yet you continue to call for the deaths of major Horde characters all willy nilly to satisfy what?

lul.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Within the context of the story Valkyr make sense. They were set up prior, so this isn't something pulled out of nowhere to save her.
    She fulfilled her purpose and arc. She jumped off ICC and onto saronite, being killed off for good in the process.

Then out of nowhere a bunch of flying winged ladies that served the Lich King decide to serve her because reasons and offer to take her place in death because reasons.

It is basically a way to make her continous resurrections appear infallible lorewise and to avoid writing scenarios that are hard to believe. I know it isn't plot armor per se, but it is an indirect form of plot armor as the Val'kyr deciding to serve her and their motivation behind it is completely unreasonable to begin with.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-12-24 at 12:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Within the context of the story Valkyr make sense. They were set up prior, so this isn't something pulled out of nowhere to save her. So she isn't surviving something she shouldn't. She's dying, and then being resurrected by Valkyr.
    Plot armor is something like AU Grom. There's no real reason he didn't die, other than Blizz wanting a redemption story with him. We kill Zakkun, and suddenly he's our bro, and we fight demons together and stuff. He could have, and probably should have died when he got captured by Gul'dan.
    Funnily enough, if Grom died like protecting the orcs or killing a demon ( like his mu self) it in fact would have been a redemption arc, but they didn't, soooo yeah. RIP to that chance.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

You’d have to prove that she wouldn’t have otherwise survive in the the broken shore scenario. In fantasy plot armor is already harder to pin out, but again, what Sylvanas has isn’t plot armor. Actual plot armor is what Anduin and Velen have, we know nothing will happen to them for “many years”
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

You’d have to prove that she wouldn’t have otherwise survive in the the broken shore scenario. In fantasy plot armor is already harder to pin out, but again, what Sylvanas has isn’t plot armor. Actual plot armor is what Anduin and Velen have, we know nothing will happen to them for “many years”
    That is the illusion that Val'kyr give; the illusion of some credible lore reason behind her survival of any and all deaths, whereas the introduction of the Val'kyr was the most miserable plotline Sylvanas' character has ever had(I am not speaking of whether I like the plotline or not, but the fact that it came out of nowhere and without any plausible reason). Note that I'm not saying they aren't lore, because they are, but the way they've been introduced is ridiculous.

Winged ladies appear of out of nowhere for whatever reasons, they decide to take permadeath in her stead over reasons and then do her bidding 24/7 cos.. reasons. This piece of senseless lore then happens to be taking the place of Sylvanas' plot armor. The fact that they're <lore> does not mean they make sense in any way or form and that lack of sense reflects upon the aspect of plot armor.

PS Anduin's plot armor is open to interpretation because that could be the light's version of things, whereas any other void prophecy could come to be true. If it were to be true, it would be equally ridiculous.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-12-24 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bythelight View Post
    1) So does the horde.
    2) So does the horde and I said I don't care about morals.
    3) Meh they're all neutrals or pacifists.
    4) Walking clichés and terrible characters, I'd rather have kept Varian.

I want the Alliance to lay the pain on the Horde, it never happens, when we took out Garrosh the whole horde was against him, the Iron Horde isn't the horde I want the Alliance to smack down either.

I'll be satisfied when we take full control of a former horde city while alliance players argue like chickens for over a decade that it is legitimate, I'll be satisfied when we nuke a horde city and drive their leader crazy, I'll be satisfied when we burn down a horde city and slaughter their priests,childrens and women while driving them out of the city.

The Horde got to do all of that, what did the Alliance do in return? Clearly not enough.
    Coming from an Alliance player: maybe its time we kill Genn since he's advising Anduin poorly. Check your facts before you blame the Horde and Sylvanas for Varian's death. Varian and the Alliance had the same chance to retreat when they heard the horn, he decided to stay, that is not Sylvanas' fault. Genn advising Anduin that it's the Horde's fault is bullshit. There's another option too, instead of him deciding to stay, Jaina was with him. Why didn't they just have the famous mage prodigy Mass Teleport them to safety? She's done it several times before IN GAME. They had options, but the bottom line is Blizzard killed Varian because Metzen retired, so do not blame the Horde for the Varian's bad calls.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    That is the illusion that Val'kyr give; the illusion of some credible lore reason behind her survival of any and all deaths, whereas the introduction of the Val'kyr was the most miserable plotline Sylvanas' character has ever had(I am not speaking of whether I like the plotline or not, but the fact that it came out of nowhere and without any plausible reason).

Winged ladies appear of out of nowhere for whatever reasons, they decide to take permadeath in her stead over reasons and then do her bidding 24/7 cos.. reasons. This piece of senseless lore then happens to be taking the place of Sylvanas' plot armor. The fact that they're <lore> does not mean they make sense in any way or form and that lack of sense reflects upon the aspect of plot armor.

PS Anduin's plot armor is open to interpretation because that could be the light's version of things, whereas any other void prophecy could come to be true.
    If there is an In universe explanation, it is not plot armor. you can call it bad writing, but you aren’t some enlightened poster peircing the vernier of WoW’s writing to expose the dastardly plot armor. you’re confusing what plot armor is with what it actually is. You can call the Valkyr a maguffin, but that isn’t plot armor either.

Valkyr by design aren’t effected by the afterlife like mortal souls, and they didn’t want to be forever hovering over a sleeping Bolvar, being sent to a realm they can navigate beats eternal servitude to a ice cube in their eyes.

So again, your claims of plot armor are simply incorrect.

Anduin’s plot armor is exposed by a omnicent comic narrator. It wasn’t portrayed as a vision, it was shown to be the future. Could it change? Obviously, but as of now it’s the actual example of plot armor.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-12-24 at 12:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

If there is an In universe explanation, it is not plot writing, you can call it bad writing, but you aren’t some enlightened poster peircing the vernier of WoW’s writing to expose the dastardly plot armor.

Valkyr by design aren’t effected by the afterlife like mortal souls, and they didn’t. Want to be forever hovering over a sleeping Bolvar.

So again, your claims of plot armor are simply incorrect.

Anduin’s plot armor is exposed by a omnicent comic narrator. It wasn’t portrayed as a vision, it was shown to be the future. Could it change? Obviously, but as of now it’s the actual example of plot armor.
    Alright, "lore-out-of-the-behind-to-avoid-plot armor scenario" will be a more suitable term to use.

Not a bad bait at all.

Extra points for not typing "Sylvanus".

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear diary,

Today I learned that people take faction bullshit way too seriously and that maybe I'm not as crazy as I thought I was.

Kill them all IMO, both factions but then people would start bitching on what faction leaders got killed first.

Seeing all the nonsense of alliance' fanboys/girls, I really hope Sylvanas simply held her arrow for half a second in the legion cinematic so Varian would be crushed into a meat pie by the inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    the whole Alliance would drown in the tears of the Sylvanas fanboys if Anduin killed her
    and the horde would drown in a pool of tears if the alliance lost a battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.