Thread: The Division

How do you get exotics? I haven't played since 1.6 maybe. I mostly did underground stuff and have every set, not classifieds though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendor View Post
    How do you get exotics? I haven't played since 1.6 maybe. I mostly did underground stuff and have every set, not classifieds though.
    As i recall they drop from named mobs in game and events.

BTW got MC skulls gloves - any way to utilize them till i get any classy set to complete?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    BTW got MC skulls gloves - any way to utilize them till i get any classy set to complete?
    Yeah just throw them and random high ends with armor damage, elite damage, etc., on.

I like to run with the triple accolade knee pads and go for head shots with marksman rifle. Every pack of enemies is tens of thousands of extra xp, lots of extra proficiency crates (which rarely can contain exotics and classifieds).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendor View Post
    - Legendary missions give a weekly Exotic cache
    - named enemies / landmarks in the DZ (the LZ bosses only drop a small pool of Exotics which are all useless save Skull MC Gloves)
    - Hunters in the Underground, bosses in the Underground
    - Weekly Cache, Weekly Survival Cache, Weekly Underground Cache
    - small chance to be in Field Proficiency Caches, sealed caches, DZ locked chests, Last Stand caches, Resistance caches, Survival caches, Skirmish caches, Manhunt caches and probably a few more places I forgot.

So yeah, pretty much everything that is a named enemy or is a cache. All of the above can drop Classifieds too.
    Some places can offer better odds for certain Exotics, like the Showstopper and Barrets chestpiece from Lex, Medved from Clear Sky, Warlord from Falcon Lost. No guarantee, they just seem to be dropping more often in those places but can still drop anywhere else too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    - Legendary missions give a weekly Exotic cache
    - named enemies / landmarks in the DZ (the LZ bosses only drop a small pool of Exotics which are all useless save Skull MC Gloves)
    - Hunters in the Underground, bosses in the Underground
    - Weekly Cache, Weekly Survival Cache, Weekly Underground Cache
    - small chance to be in Field Proficiency Caches, sealed caches, DZ locked chests, Last Stand caches, Resistance caches, Survival caches, Skirmish caches, Manhunt caches and probably a few more places I forgot.

So yeah, pretty much everything that is a named enemy or is a cache. All of the above can drop Classifieds too.
    Some places can offer better odds for certain Exotics, like the Showstopper and Barrets chestpiece from Lex, Medved from Clear Sky, Warlord from Falcon Lost. No guarantee, they just seem to be dropping more often in those places but can still drop anywhere else too.
    Just got the Skull MC Gloves from an LZ named Elite the other day. Sadly though, they aren't all that useful to me atm since I am shooting for the Striker build you wrote up for us.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

So finally hit level 30, and I still can't find any games for Survival. Also can't find anyone to do a bi-weekly Supply Drop in the LZ.

Do people just run Underground and nothing else? Big reason why I got the game was for Survival. They should at least let you run a solo PVE match for Survival if literally no one is playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    So finally hit level 30, and I still can't find any games for Survival. Also can't find anyone to do a bi-weekly Supply Drop in the LZ.

Do people just run Underground and nothing else? Big reason why I got the game was for Survival. They should at least let you run a solo PVE match for Survival if literally no one is playing it.
    What platform? Supply Drop isn't too bad once you get a bit of gear, but you'll definitely need to farm a bit as a fresh 30.

Haven't run survival beyond the first time, so not sure how popular it is. Beyond that Underground dailies seem to pop pretty quickly, though it's not super active. I thought you could do the survival mode as a solo player, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I thought you could do the survival mode as a solo player, no?
    You can queue solo but the game will only start when the minimum is reached (maybe 8 or 12). Can take a few minutes to start on PC but no further problems.

In 1.8 devs revamped Underground so now people run it. When there was free dlc weekend plenty of people played Survival, me included. Awesome mode.
    So yeah, not many players just have survival or want to go to there when the UG is so lucrative now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yeah just throw them and random high ends with armor damage, elite damage, etc., on.

I like to run with the triple accolade knee pads and go for head shots with marksman rifle. Every pack of enemies is tens of thousands of extra xp, lots of extra proficiency crates (which rarely can contain exotics and classifieds).
    Thanks man.

What platform? Supply Drop isn't too bad once you get a bit of gear, but you'll definitely need to farm a bit as a fresh 30.

Haven't run survival beyond the first time, so not sure how popular it is. Beyond that Underground dailies seem to pop pretty quickly, though it's not super active. I thought you could do the survival mode as a solo player, no?
    PC. I'm not at the point where I can fight 3-6 golds by myself yet, even in world tier 1. I think my gear score is like 130 or so, with no sets.

Unless I'm queueing wrong, it just always sits at 1/4 players and searching. Never even had a spot fill. Depending on how long I play, that can be a queue of well over an hour. They have the metrics, should be able to run the PVE mode solo if not enough people are doing it. From what I hear, you rarely see another player anyway.

PC. I'm not at the point where I can fight 3-6 golds by myself yet, even in world tier 1. I think my gear score is like 130 or so, with no sets.

Unless I'm queueing wrong, it just always sits at 1/4 players and searching. Never even had a spot fill. Depending on how long I play, that can be a queue of well over an hour. They have the metrics, should be able to run the PVE mode solo if not enough people are doing it. From what I hear, you rarely see another player anyway.
    Ah yeah, once you get to around 250ish (world tier 5) you shouldn't have much of a problem as long as you don't bumrush them.

And for some reason I read "survival" as "underground", in which case...I haven't queued for survival in ages, no clue how populated it is : (

Is this worth installing again? This thread has been getting a lot of hits since the 1.8 patch...I've been tempted to reinstall it, but I didn't buy the season pass...so not sure if I'd be missing content.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Is this worth installing again? This thread has been getting a lot of hits since the 1.8 patch...I've been tempted to reinstall it, but I didn't buy the season pass...so not sure if I'd be missing content.
    IMO yes. It's still enjoyable and the new area/horde mode and improvements to Underground are pretty solid. Depending on when you last played, it's either a dramatically improved game (from the early days) or a much more solid version of what it was earlier this year. Stuff like loadouts make setting up gear/ability sets easy and, when they're active, the global events or whatever they're called are pretty damn fun/super rewarding if you farm content.

It's really been a breath of fresh air after the issues that Destiny 2 has been facing lately.

IMO yes. It's still enjoyable and the new area/horde mode and improvements to Underground are pretty solid. Depending on when you last played, it's either a dramatically improved game (from the early days) or a much more solid version of what it was earlier this year. Stuff like loadouts make setting up gear/ability sets easy and, when they're active, the global events or whatever they're called are pretty damn fun/super rewarding if you farm content.

It's really been a breath of fresh air after the issues that Destiny 2 has been facing lately.
    I think I hopped on during the 1.4 update and just seemed lost....Before that time, it was literally about a month after the game came out and I was just bored of it.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I think I hopped on during the 1.4 update and just seemed lost....Before that time, it was literally about a month after the game came out and I was just bored of it.
    I mean, it's still largely the same end-game - farm missions/world bosses/etc. for gear to...farm stuff better etc. If you weren't a fan of the core gameplay loop at endgame then, little has changed on that front now. There's a bit more customization and the like, but it's going to largely be more of the same - just better and with a bit more variety.

This is from the viewpoint of a madbad casual who still doesn't know plenty about the game so take it with grains of salt. But if you don't have data caps and don't mind burning a few hours of gameplay time, I'd say go for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I am enjoying this game, I'm suffering from the same issue that can happen in any online game. I'm lonely! I need people to play with.

If anyone is playing on XB1, send me a message @ FizNpop.

Game is getting dead cold again. Being forced to enter the DZ when all people run 9000 Stamina builds is plain disgusting and utter garbage balancing. The current meta is least diverse ever. Why bother farming random stuff for literal 1% drop chances from bosses and caches for classified when you cannot optimize without living in the DZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    Game is getting dead cold again. Being forced to enter the DZ when all people run 9000 Stamina builds is plain disgusting and utter garbage balancing. The current meta is least diverse ever. Why bother farming random stuff for literal 1% drop chances from bosses and caches for classified when you cannot optimize without living in the DZ.
    Why do you need to run the DZ? From what i've been seeing from youtubers, doing Resistance (Horde Mode), LZ Named Elites, Legendary and Challenging Missions, and Underground are also good ways to farm.

Is this wrong? (Legitimate question, i've only recently begun playing and researching again)

Dont confuse division tech and the GE credits from the event.

DZ is by far the best farming spot, but pvp sucks. Division tech suitcases give only 1. Purple caches 1-3, gold up to 5 and green up to 7 I think.
    Deconstructing is like 2-4 for 50 items destroyed.
    LZ Named give no div tech at all.
    Challenge give nothing afaik. Otherwise I would have gotten tons from the event Lexington spam.
    Legendary only once each week, between 30 and 50.
    Do not recall getting anything from underground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    Dont confuse division tech and the GE credits from the event.

DZ is by far the best farming spot, but pvp sucks. Division tech suitcases give only 1. Purple caches 1-3, gold up to 5 and green up to 7 I think.
    Deconstructing is like 2-4 for 50 items destroyed.
    LZ Named give no div tech at all.
    Challenge give nothing afaik. Otherwise I would have gotten tons from the event Lexington spam.
    Legendary only once each week, between 30 and 50.
    Do not recall getting anything from underground.
    Now i'm confused. I thought you were talking about getting Exotics and Classified Gear Sets.

As for Division Tech, yeah, that stuff is a pain in the ass to accumulate.

After re-reading your post paired with what you said about Division Tech, I get it now. When you said Optimization, you are talking about the literal function, not just the theory crafting of optimization. Sorry, my misunderstanding.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm currently in the process of farming Classified Striker gear. From my experience so far, I have a long way to go as the drop rate is pretty low, and there are many sets which have a chance to drop making the chance to get the set I want, even lower.