Poll: Who?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Horde A new Warchief for the Horde

Let's say, for whatever reason, Sylvanas steps down as a Warchief. Who would you like the most to take her place as leader of the Horde?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Other aka Mudmug.

Magatha, she's the one.

Anduin. Just to see the Internets explode.

Wrathion, so him and Anduin can get married and bring the Horde and Alliance together.

Just kidding, but lol@all the Anduin x Wrathion stuff.

I am not a fan of warchiefs playing musical chairs. I was also not a fan of Sylvanas as warchief at first. I wasn't a fan of Vol'jin as warchief. In my mind the Warchief position had to be filled by an iconic orc, because, thematically, it is the best fit. They are the original members of the Horde. They were the most representative, and, along with humans, they seem like the protagonists of the factions ever since Orcs vs Humans.

HOWEVER, the idea of Sylvanas as warchief has been growing on me because of the narrative direction we're taking: Light vs Shadow(Void). The orcs' lore was deeply tied to the Burning Legion and being corrupted, and that plot seems to be finished with Legion (maybe not completely, but mostly). Going further in the story, it makes sense to me that both Anduin and Sylvanas seem to represent the polar opposites of those cosmic forces, Anduin a priest who has faith in the light, and Sylvanas, a banshee that uses shadow/necromantic powers.
    Just look at the cover of Christie Golden's upcoming novel:

I think it has greater potential for sylvanas to be relevant in the overarching story about Light and Void, than Saurfang or Thrall would. (Though I do love how iconic Saurfang's new model is!)

5+ Year Old Account
    Ji Firepaw!

The Pandaren, have suffered more than any other, from the unstable leadership of the Horde.

Garrosh is the only TRUE Warchief!

7+ Year Old Account
    why the fuck there is a option for Thalyssra, and who the heck did vote for her, like, you guy are high or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I am not a fan of warchiefs playing musical chairs. I was also not a fan of Sylvanas as warchief at first. I wasn't a fan of Vol'jin as warchief. In my mind the Warchief position had to be filled by an iconic orc, because, thematically, it is the best fit. They are the original members of the Horde. They were the most representative, and, along with humans, they seem like the protagonists of the factions ever since Orcs vs Humans.
    What a lot of people miss is that Thrall's long, stable rule was the exception, not the rule. In ancient times when the position was first created it only existed for the duration of the current conflict before being vacated. Blackhand ruled during the First War, was assassinated. Doomhammer ruled during the Second War and had to flee into exile before dying. Garrosh's overthrow and Vol'jin's death from a wound in battle also suit the pattern.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Lor'themar, then we get a expansion where he tries some crazy shit "fo da blud elfs" he dies, liadrin becomes ruler of silvermoon, Baine becomes Warchief and then the Horde falls into irrelevance.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

5+ Year Old Account
    She's the Banshee Queen and this is her time to step outa de shadows!
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner.

FOR THE HORDE!!!!

Probably unpopular but I'd rather see Thrall. Horde has lost its roots with him gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Lor'themar.

Thrall is ruined, you can't look at him without thinking of the dumb shit he did in cata.

Honestly though? So long as it's not Baine I'm happy. Baine becoming warchief is probably one of the few things that would stop me maining Horde.

who cares, horde warchief just dies because thats what the horde does. it dies.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

King Rastakhan just because.

The name "Hord" is referred to the "First Hord" coming from Draenor and mostly populated by Orcs (with few Ogres).

So a lot of people mistakes this "Hord" and Azeroth's Hord, and claims that Hord should be represented by Orcs.
    This is horseshit.
    Our Hord, that gathers a lot of other races than orcs (and they outnumber the orcs by faaaaar since Azeroth's orcs are refugees or ex-prisonners from 2nd war) should be represented by a leader (a LEADER not an unknown grunt or a second hand character) that understands the struggle of EVERY races in the Hord to survive on Azeroth.

Sylvanas was there during the 3rd war, she broke the chains from her master (Lich King), she found a reason to live (revenge on the Lich King) she found a reason to continue (even after the Lich King's death). And she's been appointed as a Warchief, and she learned hard what it was like to wear that mantle.

She lost her city (Lordaeron) and a lot of her people's trust (because of the Desolate Council).

Saurfang is an awesome warrior, experimented, but his life is behind him and he lost his son.
    Lorthemar? He's just a mayor...
    Baine? Still training
    Gallywix? The pay is not big enough

Let Sylvanas lead the Hord, we're not Teddy bears.

I think there will be no more warchief and instead open an assembly of representatives who in times of conflict will choose a military commander to lead the army temporarily

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I think there will be no more warchief and instead open an assembly of representatives who in times of conflict will choose a military commander to lead the army temporarily
    maybe as well change the name cause, screw what mean to be horde, lets be a red alliance.

The name i propose should be Elfliance or The elf Bangaloo

Lor'themar is a darn respectable leader but focuses too much on his people and not enough on everyone.

Out of that list I'm going to pick Gallywix, because I want to see what would happen, popcorn in hand.

Murazond: I have witnessed the TRUE end time. This? This is a blessing you simply cannot comprehend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.