Thread: 40 people raids

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    My favourite part of Vanilla was spending couple hours in Scholomance and getting Priest Tier head drop.

Without a Priest in the group lul.

Loot isn't less important. It's actually more important, because most fights were gear or resist checks.
    Yes, it's important in that sense, but not personally to me. I never played for the loot
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

to be fair, MC will be doable with like 25 people even at release, the extra 15 is there just to make it go faster.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    There was DKP -
    you have probably never heard of that in your life.

You hardly rolled against 5 in the same class.

Go, sit in the corner pretending you played Vanilla.
    Not all guilds used DKP for previous raids like MC and BWL when there was a higher level raid out. Also I don't know of any who used DKP for ZG or AQ20. When a guild was progressing through BWL and then went back in to MC they typically did a /roll for gear unless it was a non-set epic that was very good for a main raider and even then if there was more than 1 main raider who needed that piece of gear it was a /roll between them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Horde didn't get Paladin gear in raids, and Alliance didn't get Shaman gear in raids until the TBC pre-patch.

And classes not being in a raid when it drops? Well that happened for ages after Vanilla too.
    First class I played when I made my account was a NE balance druid and I can tell you that when she was in MC we saw shaman tier gear drop more than once. Same went for paladin gear all the way through Naxx on my undead priest. The loot tables did not change based on your faction. The loot tables were the same for every raid group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    First class I played when I made my account was a NE balance druid and I can tell you that when she was in MC we saw shaman tier gear drop more than once. Same went for paladin gear all the way through Naxx on my undead priest. The loot tables did not change based on your faction. The loot tables were the same for every raid group.
    Yes they did. You are wrong.

I remember solely for the reason that we ran Molten Core once after the pre-patch hit and had everyone complaining about shaman tier dropping from Garr. It is something that has stuck in my mind, we simply didn't get Shaman gear before the pre-patch.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kinna View Post
    means gear is more epic when you get it
    Meh. For most specs, best-in-slot items are a hodgepodge of blues and epics. Fury's going to be wearing a pair of level 40something gloves until the cows come home because it gives a chunk of weapon skill, for example. Vanilla itemization was notoriously awful for pretty much every spec. Also, 40 people means you're going to be carrying five to ten idiots who only exist to right click the boss and press the macro you custom made for them so they can contribute while watching Dora the Explorer and making sure their helmets don't slip off just so you have the numbers necessary not to get stomped by DPS-check bosses.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Yes they did. You are wrong.

I remember solely for the reason that we ran Molten Core once after the pre-patch hit and had everyone complaining about shaman tier dropping from Garr. It is something that has stuck in my mind, we simply didn't get Shaman gear before the pre-patch.
    Then you should consider your guild very fortunate because both my Alliance guild with my first character and my Horde guild with my rerolled main got tier sets of them all the way from MC to Naxx prior to the BC patch.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Because every single raid in vanilla was a guild run, right? Pugs didn't exist at all, right?

Go, sit in the corner pretending you played Vanilla.
    lol, pugs on vanilla raids? alrighty then!

Oh, you're talking about UBRS, right? /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Then you should consider your guild very fortunate because both my Alliance guild with my first character and my Horde guild with my rerolled main got tier sets of them all the way from MC to Naxx prior to the BC patch.
    I raided 3 hours a night, 4+ nights a week during progress, every week. The only time I ever saw Shaman gear dropping was during a molten core run AFTER patch 2.0.1 dropped.

Tier sets did not drop for the opposite faction until the TBC pre-patch.
    You are remembering wrong.

Outside of maybe one or two bugs that possibly happened, the gear didn't drop for the other side, period.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Mob rule. Nice way to run a guild. DKP is a fair system if your RL is capable of dealing with underperforming raid members, I'd start looking for a new one. If the priest was indeed not performing as well as he should but stayed in the raid group then everyone was OK with that and yet later everyone collectively decides not to give him loot even though there was a very specific loot distribution system in place. Congratulations, you were part of a shitty guild.
    You're just denying things with proof shoved in your face. As a Guild Leader I used DKP for a while until I encountered that exact example. People hoarding DKP to get certain items, which then get snatched away from people in real need of it. I solved everything by doing away with DKP and assigning certain items to certain classes /roles in a priority system.
    I remember hunters rolling on pretty much everything. Druids sometimes had really bad luck with leather drops and cloths were generally better. Resto palas and shamans had the same issue for a while. That built the raid as a whole rather then people like you coming in, DKP hoarding for one item, and hopping on to the next guild.
    Randoms that joined us knew that had the chance to roll on one item of their choice with ofc anything nobody needed going to them if they could use it.

Next to that I've rocked the /roll system for a long time as well. I can honestly say I never gave an item to someone that didn't actually win it. And it worked fine because I had a raid of people who were honest and helpful to each other instead of loot horny guild hoppers.
    As for your opinion on the example, that's your problem. I've seen the examples myself and I fully agree. And your response basically shows why.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would love to return to Vanilla to explore old world once again.. but raiding? Ugh, no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure. Just like "epics are epic" at the start of every expansion. In Vanilla, people were mostly just clueless/not interested. Or at least I was...

And also, it's not the 40man format that made epics more epic. It was the lack of loot per person in the raids that did that. ZG and AQ20 lacking in epic department didn't help, but that missing tag from blue -> epic was mostly superficial anyway.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-12-31 at 10:19 AM.

I hardly remember ever having a full raid.