Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    It won't stop until she wears a hijab !

On the other note, why does she wears panties over her trousers Is she trying to be a superman or something ?
    Pharah has a metal thong. Blizzard has weird deisngers.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Pharah has a metal thong. Blizzard has weird deisngers.
    Well, you see, they want her to be covered up 'cause they don't want to think of themselves as perverts, but they still wanna make her sexy by accentuating "There's sexy stuff in these areas!" so they threw a metal thong over her pants and a bikini top over her leather armor.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    It is just to placate the American prudeness brigades.
    2/10. You didn't include Trump in your nation bashing.

The updated armor looks ccol. Does need a little refinement. Its a good and better look for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Well, you see, they want her to be covered up 'cause they don't want to think of themselves as perverts, but they still wanna make her sexy by accentuating "There's sexy stuff in these areas!" so they threw a metal thong over her pants and a bikini top over her leather armor.
    It's so silly... TvT

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Right...

Vol'jin died to a stab in the stomach.

Sargeras is a fucking Titan, so no one could ever dare defeat him. Besides, his Fel could weaken his fucking brothers/sisters in combat. At least he has an excuse.

Kil'jaeden relies on manipulation, magical attacks, and allies to win. And even then, he died.

Archimonde was basically a MASTER fighter. He could obliterate cities with sand, he toyed with the Night Elves during the War of the Ancients, he toyed with everyone else during WC3, and his skin was basically indestructible, unless you had Magical enchanted weapons from the Naaru or some that, that...or unless you did a ritual to kill him. So, he also had an excuse.

Grommash is basically a melee God. He takes things on the front lines. Sylvanas and Vol'jin don't. He was an amazing fighter, and possibly one of the strongest Orcs ever. However, he too died. And that was from a Demonic Explosion, mostly caused by a lucky shot.

Illidan, when he did fight and get serious, got fucked by Arthas. Demon Hunters use both their Demonic forms, and Fel Might to win. They're also great in terms of stealth. However, on the front lines, they'll get cut like pigs.

So no....

You won't survive that long on the front lines, unless you have chest gear. Sylvanas and Vol'jin are ranged attackers, yes. However, if someone gets close to them, then they'll need the protection.

The only thing that annoyed me about it back then was the color mismatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    So nearly every strong male character in WoW that is half naked is not a 13 year old girl's dream?

That's Garrosh and Cairne in a Mak'gora. They have rules in this duel. Sylvanas is both a ranger general, a Warchief, and a commander. She needs the protection. You don't see Yrel, Jaina, Vanessa, or Alleria have little to no clothes on the front lines now, do you? Hell, and Vanessa's a rogue. Like, bro...

And don't talk about Male Characters and their little to no clothes, since almost all of them are dead. (AKA, Garrosh, Vol'jin, Kil'jaeden, Archimonde, Grommash, Gul'dan, and so forth).

I'll never get these neckbeards' obsession with pixel skin. Model is way more appropriate now.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    You don't see Jaina have little to no clothes on the front lines now, do you?
    Um...wut? She's literally wearing a midriff exposing sports bra in Warcraft, and up until BfA she had a metal half-shirt. Then she's replaced it with...regular clothes. Which have the protective value of....regular clothes.

Granted, I guess you meant because she's a mage and doesn't fight in melee? Sorry to say, but with all the arrows, magic, and bullets flying around, that's no excuse not to wear armor on the battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Granted, I guess you meant because she's a mage and doesn't fight in melee? Sorry to say, but with all the arrows, magic, and bullets flying around, that's no excuse not to wear armor on the battlefield.
    I really like her updated wardrobe. Tbh though, magic armor's also a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    THIS THREAD

Ok maybe I've just been out of the game for too long or haven't seen BfA pics of her but anyone know what this person is talking about on changes to how she looks?
    They are complaining that she actually wears armor now, rather than going around in her underwear.

Typically the people this bothers are incels and people who scream about "SJWs" whenever a woman is portrayed as being serious/capable in a story.

You won't survive that long on the front lines, unless you have chest gear. Sylvanas and Vol'jin are ranged attackers, yes. However, if someone gets close to them, then they'll need the protection.
    Given that Sylvanas is a banshee, she could just possess someone else if her body was in actual danger. They never really did explain why she was able to be "killed" in a normal manner, or why she would even care about physical damage at all beyond vanity.

7+ Year Old Account
    This has been a thing since legion, wtf this isn't new

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    I really like her updated wardrobe. Tbh though, magic armor's also a thing.
    Don't get me wrong here! Jaina is more attractive now than she's ever been. Not only is she sporting a more stylish and classy outfit, but she practically radiates competence and power. For the first time ever she actually looks the part of an Archmage. I'll take this new Jaina over any previous version, no question.

It baffles me that people are trying so hard to compare it to Garrosh and Vol’jin. Those two are shirtless or barely-clad because their whole thing is being tribalistic and/or savage. That’s the image that their design attempts to evoke, and it works, in the same way that it works for female Blizzard equivalents (for example, Diablo’s Sonya).

The bikini elf approach to Sylvanas’s design was always a bit silly, because the only grounding it had was that a bikini elf is a tropey as fuck thing. They recognised that, and made an alteration to her design that more closely evoked what they were actually going for with the character. And, in my opinion, it works; the leather corset armor look is better than the bikini look.

It’s not about “censoring” her appearance - there’s always going to be equally or more risqué shit in the game - but about making the art match the character. That’s the context of Metzen’s comments on the issue; when he was asked why she was in a bikini, he didn’t really have a good contextual answer, whereas characters like Garrosh and Vol’jin have plenty of contextual answers.

Don't get me wrong here! Jaina is more attractive now than she's ever been. Not only is she sporting a more stylish and classy outfit, but she practically radiates competence and power. For the first time ever she actually looks the part of an Archmage. I'll take this new Jaina over any previous version, no question.
    Oh, I agree wholeheartedly.

Um...wut? She's literally wearing a midriff exposing sports bra in Warcraft, and up until BfA she had a metal half-shirt. Then she's replaced it with...regular clothes. Which have the protective value of....regular clothes.

Mages are different than Hunters. Specifically the powerful ones. They have shields, elementals, Armor, and more. Hunter's don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Given that Sylvanas is a banshee, she could just possess someone else if her body was in actual danger. They never really did explain why she was able to be "killed" in a normal manner, or why she would even care about physical damage at all beyond vanity.
    1. She died once to fucking Godfry.

2. Why would she care if she has the Val'kyr?

Also, if she could "Possess" people, then why didn't she go that to Gul'dan, and make him kill himself? -_-

Sylvanas’ entire plot since Wrath is completely contingent on her ability to die. Yes, it completely contradicts what Blizzard has said about her still being able to enter banshee form, but everything to do with her Val’kyr resurrections (especially with something as mundane as an ordinary bullet to the head) makes it clear that conventional death is still a problem for her.

Also, immunity to conventional death is generally grade-A bullshit plot armour. Even creatures like liches, whose ability to cheat death is central to what they are, only get it with a huge asterisk on the end. For that reason, they’re unlikely to lean on it in any serious way for Sylvanas’ plot, because it demands ridiculously contrived circumstances to create real tension.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2017-12-31 at 03:21 PM.

That's Garrosh and Cairne in a Mak'gora. They have rules in this duel. Sylvanas is both a ranger general, a Warchief, and a commander. She needs the protection. You don't see Yrel, Jaina, Vanessa, or Alleria have little to no clothes on the front lines now, do you? Hell, and Vanessa's a rogue. Like, bro...

And don't talk about Male Characters and their little to no clothes, since almost all of them are dead. (AKA, Garrosh, Vol'jin, Kil'jaeden, Archimonde, Grommash, Gul'dan, and so forth).
    This was a Mak'Gora for the mantle of Warchief. You are again contradicting yourself and I am no longer inclined to continue the conversation with you. You are contradicting yourself way too much to even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    This was a Mak'Gora for the mantle of Warchief. You are again contradicting yourself and I am no longer inclined to continue the conversation with you. You are contradicting yourself way too much to even bother.
    You totally missed his point. One of the rules of Mak’gora is that body armour is forbidden (with the exception being spur-of-the-moment fights where the rule isn’t always followed) which is why both participants are almost naked in that art.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2017-12-31 at 03:32 PM.