View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I don't agree with much of what tripconn posts but it would seem that playing the man has reached new lows with people not even bothering to make the slightest attempt address his points and our resident expert even going so far as diagnosing a total stranger's medical conditions over the internet.

I wish you all a happy New Year, whatever side of the debate you fall on, and hopefully we can drag this thread from the gutter for 2018.
    Why should we adress points that have nothing to do with brexit? I mean he even said so himself, but go ahead and adress them if you want to say something.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    A dyslexic programmer that can't be arsed to check for his spelling, i don't even want to imagine what his code must look like.
    To be fair, depending on the coding language, dyslexia would not matter, numbers and letters are different in our heads.

7+ Year Old Account
    In the spirit of raising the standards (as usual) I'd just like to report on the latest yougov eurotrack poll released just before Brexmas.

39% of Brits want the UK to stay in the EU, 48% want to leave and 13% are undecided. Did someone really want a 2nd referendum?

Happy Hew Year Eurochums, sorry but despite what you want (apart from the French, no surprises there) we are still going
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Good news!?! @dribbles I trust you will being your civic duty.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42527750

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    In the spirit of raising the standards (as usual) I'd just like to report on the latest yougov eurotrack poll released just before Brexmas.

39% of Brits want the UK to stay in the EU, 48% want to leave and 13% are undecided. Did someone really want a 2nd referendum?

Happy Hew Year Eurochums, sorry but despite what you want (apart from the French, no surprises there) we are still going
    This is the source:

http://facts4eu.org/

Totally looks like a credible source. Absolutely.

Meanwhile, in the real world:

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/question...ld-you-vote-2/

Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Good news!?! @dribbles I trust you will being your civic duty.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42527750
    Oh yes I am ready! No bugger from the continent shall pass...

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    This is the source:

Meanwhile, in the real world:

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/question...ld-you-vote-2/

That runs to Sept 17? My yougov eurotrack https://yougov.co.uk/news/categories/eurotrack/ source (about the most reputable polling source in the UK) was published last half of dec 17. The saying is that a week is a long time in politics, 3 months is a lifetime.

(link to pdf dec2017 poll on top right of that page, some goodies in there for you too should you care to look, I trust tho friend you won't use them against me at this festive time, truce?:P)
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    nothing in that was condescending
    Practically everything you said on the past five pages was condescending and/or xenophobic.
    And uneducated, cannot forget uneducated--you have an amazing knack for demonstrating your ignorance about the matters you post about.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the source:

Especially convincing how they managed to find out just half the flags of all those countries they mentioned and the other three as red bars.

haha thats a very narcissistic view as it assumes your right or there wrong. last i checked you arnt god you arnt all knowing so do you deserve ridicule for being wrong in so many way's ? no you debate
    Debate is all well and good but when one person can't even make an attempt at small things like proper punctuation, spelling or even know the difference between there/their/they're. Or another person uses far right sites and claims they're centrist. Then there comes a time where reasonable debate is long gone and ridicule is all that is left due to the issue of the oposition being seemingly immune to facts. Wants to run on emotion and makes excuses like "Muh dyslexia" or what ever anti german excuse dribbles brings up.

I've never said I am never wrong. But I know I am correct far more often than not because I actually spend time going to legit sources and studying them. I don't rely on "Man down the pub" for my world views. I read what the educated know, what they find out. I'd rather trust 1 Economist who went through years of school, university and working in the sector, than one man down the pub who thinks he knows better because "Experts don't know muh werking class."

Deleted
    The shit you have it. I know enough people suffering from it to spot a lazy person with bad writing. You don't even need to make an excuse. We can deal with bad grammar and spelling. Just don't use it as a cheap excuse, it's disrespectful.
    Well I do guess youre just wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Debate is all well and good but when one person can't even make an attempt at small things like proper punctuation, spelling or even know the difference between there/their/they're. Or another person uses far right sites and claims they're centrist. Then there comes a time where reasonable debate is long gone and ridicule is all that is left due to the issue of the oposition being seemingly immune to facts. Wants to run on emotion and makes excuses like "Muh dyslexia" or what ever anti german excuse dribbles brings up.

I've never said I am never wrong. But I know I am correct far more often than not because I actually spend time going to legit sources and studying them. I don't rely on "Man down the pub" for my world views. I read what the educated know, what they find out. I'd rather trust 1 Economist who went through years of school, university and working in the sector, than one man down the pub who thinks he knows better because "Experts don't know muh werking class."
    " I know I'm right far more than wrong" Yea right buddy your nacsasism is showing.

And yes I'm dyslexic but I also don't feel the need to correct my self analy just for you people. I do it at work and I do it for my friends but I'm not gonna sit there correcting my posts for people who opinions I don't care about. Leave all ready won and you people don't matter so why bother

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit. You've used that excuse twice by now, and I am not buying it. I know dyslexic people and they take extra care to have correct spelling. Even going as far as using spell checker for their posts, because they don't want to look stupid.

You're just lazy using it as a cheap excuse while there are people out there actually suffering from it. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    You mad cos u lost. Deal with it

- - - Updated - - -

wat? That movie was good.
    It had serious pacing issues for me. And the comedy felt really forced.

15+ Year Old Account
    And the comedy felt really forced.
    Well duh!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Well this thread has bee a laugh but I've got better places to troll.
    Just so you know everything I've said I just copy pasted out of a leave forum And jiggled it about so it fit. Except the personal attacks I came up with those.

I've found it very entertaining that I can just repeat crap and you guys still can't form an argument against it without getting angry.

Byebye

- - - Updated - - -

Well duh!
    Oh I was super upset with how there portraying fin, it feels like there trying to make him the comedy relief

Infracted
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2017-12-31 at 11:57 PM.

Well this thread has bee a laugh but I've got better places to troll.
    Just so you know everything I've said I just copy pasted out of a leave forum And jiggled it about so it fit. Except the personal attacks I came up with those.

I've found it very entertaining that I can just repeat crap and you guys still can't form an argument against it without getting angry.

Byebye
    That's the sad part, though, innit? You didn't actually come up with arguments. At least not relevant ones. You came up with a lot of arguments to... basically hate everything. But that's just about it. But rest assured, we're all very thankful that you're moving on.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Brexit's most fabulous year aka phase 2 negotiations and ratification period is about to start in London. we'll be wiser in 365 days for sure.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Brexit's most fabulous year aka phase 2 negotiations and ratification period is about to start in London. we'll be wiser in 365 days for sure.
    So the recap of phase 1 is what? The UK folded and the EU obtained everything they wanted. Man, phase 2 sure is going to be entertaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    So the recap of phase 1 is what? The UK folded and the EU obtained everything they wanted. Man, phase 2 sure is going to be entertaining.
    Phase 1 was pretty much the whole EU laughing at our strong and stable government and getting everything they wanted from us.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Phase 1 was pretty much the whole EU laughing at our strong and stable government and getting everything they wanted from us.
    but still not written into a legal binding agreement. if UK cannot agree upon in parliament, the deal is gone; the Davis term "state of intent" is not sufficent.
    AFAIK the deal is nonsense for Brexiteers, as the needs of NI dictates a super soft Brexit and because NI is to be treated indifferent from UK, so UK is back on freedom of movement and customs union. Norway minus then ? bwahaha, to have no say in rules set by EU for years to come you made such a fuss the last year ?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    but still not written into a legal binding agreement. if UK cannot agree upon in parliament, the deal is gone; the Davis term "state of intent" is not sufficent.
    AFAIK the deal is nonsense for Brexiteers, as the needs of NI dictates a super soft Brexit and because NI is to be treated indifferent from UK, so UK is back on freedom of movement and customs union. Norway minus then ? bwahaha, to have no say in rules set by EU for years to come you made such a fuss the last year ?
    The words given have to count for something.

I don't understand how it would be possible to negotiate with someone who can backtrack on his words at any time. There has to be a show of good faith for any successful negotiation.

If the UK cannot be true to its words, the negotiations are nothing but a farce and doom to fail.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    The words given have to count for something.

I don't understand how it would be possible to negotiate with someone who can backtrack on his words at any time. There has to be a show of good faith for any successful negotiation.

If the UK cannot be true to its words, the negotiations are nothing but a farce and doom to fail.
    just a weird idea of mine, but how possible is it May would be somewhat happy to fail ?
    she can be blunt about the phase 1 results as they were the best deal possible and if Tories cannot back it, phase 2 negotiations will become nonexistent. it is Brexit hard and cold then or exit from Brexit; a very bold gamble.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    just a weird idea of mine, but how possible is it May would be somewhat happy to fail ?
    she can be blunt about the phase 1 results as they were the best deal possible and if Tories cannot back it, phase 2 negotiations will become nonexistent. it is Brexit hard and cold then or exit from Brexit; a very bold gamble.
    I don't think so. If the UK were to cancel brexit right now, assuming they can, nobody knows, it would be an international embarrassment that would dwarf the Trump presidency. After being the center of attention, after that whole back and forth negotiation, harsh words from each camps, the UK would just say "gotcha! we never meant to leave".

Nah, that won't happen, i can't even begin to imagine how foolish the British would look if they were to cancel brexit now. It's like when you make something dumb, but you don't want to admit you were wrong because you don't want to lose face, so you're doubling down on the dumb. If May can get to an agreement between her government and the EU, it will be a hard brexit, cutting all ties and back to WTO rules.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so. If the UK were to cancel brexit right now, assuming they can, nobody knows, it would be an international embarrassment that would dwarf the Trump presidency. After being the center of attention, after that whole back and forth negotiation, harsh words from each camps, the UK would just say "gotcha! we never meant to leave".

Nah, that won't happen, i can't even begin to imagine how foolish the British would look if they were to cancel brexit now. It's like when you make something dumb, but you don't want to admit you were wrong because you don't want to lose face, so you're doubling down on the dumb. If May can get to an agreement between her government and the EU, it will be a hard brexit, cutting all ties and back to WTO rules.
    Just my opinion here, but to axe Brexit in the coming weeks is better than to bring back whatever the results of negotiations of phase 2 will be.
    "We are not amused" is an understatement of the toad UK will very likely have to swallow by october. And to jump into a black hole just you dont have to confess you were wrong for months ?