Poll: Do you agree that they should also remain accessible?

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    They're already faceroll now. Doesn't mean I'm interested in levelling up all my alts and gear all their specs just for the appearances. They aren't difficult atm, just time-consuming, so let us shift the time consumed to a later date. They have the technology to scale us down so I see no point in forcing us to do the content right now, just in case that a class / spec appeals more to us at a later time.
    Get with the program kid. Put up and or shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    They're already faceroll now. Doesn't mean I'm interested in levelling up all my alts and gear all their specs just for the appearances. They aren't difficult atm, just time-consuming, so let us shift the time consumed to a later date. They have the technology to scale us down so I see no point in forcing us to do the content right now, just in case that a class / spec appeals more to us at a later time.
    How about no?

Put in the work to get them now, or accept that you won't have them. If you can't be arsed now, you're part of the crowd that'll miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Mage tower is extremely hard content and very tiny portion of player base is able to beat it. I myself very skillful player, and I spend may be 100 attempts on mage tower last days and didn't beat it with 955 gear, difficulty is insane, obviously tuned for something like 1000 ilvl. Getting those appearences is very status symbol, much harder than something like mythic curve, so it's only logical to keep them unobtainable.
    Which challenge(s) did you try?
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-01-01 at 05:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Because exclusivity so tryhards can boast about how cool they are to have them.

And I’m saying this as someone with both, they shouldn’t be made unobtainable once Legion is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Why its a problem for other players to try and get it?

I don't want them to be given left and right,but whats the problem if someone wishes to try one of the challenges in the future because they weren't playing in Legion?
    Because prestige is a thing. I missed out on the WoD CM weapons, sucks to be me. But thats how it is - people get rewarded for playing the game. I wish they even removed all Mythic tier gear when the expansion was over. Making people push for actually doing content when it is challenging if they want something from it. Now people wait for the next expansions to go back and farm prestige gear.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not really bothered that people can get the gear I worked hard for, I just wish people pushed them self more. Getting the current tier gear when it is current is so much rewarding than going back to rush through it when you're 10 levels higher. Same with CM gear and now Mage Tower Challenge gear. Removing the chance to obtain hard-to-get items after they are trivial would be healthy to the game, in my opinion.

But that's not the turn this game is taking, so my opinion hardly matters. Wouldn't really surprise me if Blizzard actually does some kind of scaling for the Mage Tower if enough peolpe cry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    "Wahhhhh Blizzard wants to reward people who want to put in a little bit of effort and not allow me to be lazy and eventually get it. Waaaahhhhh."

One one of my alts hits 930, which takes like 2 weeks, I clear all 3 challenges on a day regardless if legendaries, sometimes I don't even have two. M+15 is doable around 940 you just need a brain.

I'm really sorry you can't be lazy and get everything eventually. I'm on the other side, why should you get anything you don't want to even slightly work for?

- - - Updated - - -

Mage tower is extremely hard content and very tiny portion of player base is able to beat it. I myself very skillful player, and I spend may be 100 attempts on mage tower last days and didn't beat it with 955 gear, difficulty is insane, obviously tuned for something like 1000 ilvl. Getting those appearences is very status symbol, much harder than something like mythic curve, so it's only logical to keep them unobtainable.
    My 930 shaman with one elemental legendary blew the challenge up in under a minute, A lot of people consider Agatha to be one of the hardest challenges. I hate being this guy but you may need to just git gud. The only challenges where ilvl doesn't matter are tank is due to instant death from knockbacks.

My mage did the fire/frost challenges at 915 btw, haven't tried arcane but it's the same boss as enhance shaman, which was also really easy.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    This makes 0 sense.
    Why in the world would they do such a silly thing as to not let us have ALL artifact appearances obtainable somehow post Legion?
    Because where would be the challenge in obtaining the "challenge skin" for your artifact weapon when the challenge is tuned toward at level 110 and 950-ish item level yet you're level 120 and at the 1200+ item level?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Because where would be the challenge in obtaining the "challenge skin" for your artifact weapon when the challenge is tuned toward at level 110 and 950-ish item level yet you're level 120 and at the 1200+ item level?
    They're tuned for ilvl 900 and like lvl 45 artifacts. This is the only time they were a "challenge".

That being said, you're spot on, I like the emphasis on challenge lol.

You're trolling, right?

... right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    "Wahhhhh Blizzard wants to reward people who want to put in a little bit of effort and not allow me to be lazy and eventually get it. Waaaahhhhh."

One one of my alts hits 930, which takes like 2 weeks, I clear all 3 challenges on a day regardless if legendaries, sometimes I don't even have two. M+15 is doable around 940 you just need a brain. and friends willing to invite you

I'm really sorry you can't be lazy and get everything eventually. I'm on the other side, why should you get anything you don't want to even slightly work for?

- - - Updated - - -

My 930 shaman with one elemental legendary blew the challenge up in under a minute, A lot of people consider Agatha to be one of the hardest challenges. I hate being this guy but you may need to just git gud. The only challenges where ilvl doesn't matter are tank is due to instant death from knockbacks.

My mage did the fire/frost challenges at 915 btw, haven't tried arcane but it's the same boss as enhance shaman, which was also really easy.
    I agree with what you're saying, but just had to add that bolded part. Getting into any m+ with no experience or average gear is impossible unless you know people or are willing to test your luck with groups not demanding any m+ score or ilvl.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    You're trolling, right?

... right?

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with what you're saying, but just had to add that bolded part. Getting into any m+ with no experience or average gear is impossible unless you know people or are willing to test your luck with groups not demanding any m+ score or ilvl.
    Depends. As a healer or tank I basically get free invites to whatever group I want, don't think I've ever had a score close to 2k because I avoid most of the dungeons. Being unwilling to tank/heal is why a lot of people hit a gear wall.

Same reason why MOP and WOD challenges are unobtainable and I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Why should everything always be obtainable for everyone? Elite PvP gear gets unobtainable after the season. CM gear have been unobtainable after the expansion since MoP. It's a good thing, it forces people to push their limits if they actually want something, and it feels really good when you finally unlock it.

Go try it out. The Mage Tower is a joke if you got 930 ilvl and a smidge of skill (Hint: there are a ton of good guides out there that you can follow blindly)
    Just to clarify: I have all artifact skins for every spec.

The main problem is the demon hunter one: Flamereaper is by a wide margin better than any other appearance, hence it would be a pain for someone who joins the game later not being able to obtain that particular appearance. especially considering how few other options DHs have compared to other classes.

The other one being the druid werebear form, though there are other options to choose from, that form is simply vastly superior in every sense.
    Something like the claws of Shirvalla talent was back then but that isn't a problem since there exist a toy which turns you into a saberon anyways.

The point is, there must exist some way in which future players could obtain these exquisite appearances also. Must not be the current way, a way nonetheless.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2018-01-01 at 07:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I'd understand if it were Challenge Modes. But you don't need to rely on 4 other players who may turn out to be imbeciles or assholes.

You have 9 months, and gearing isn't that hard. It takes time, but you need to get out there. Trust me when I say this, it's more fun than the rest of the content in Legion. It's about personal skill, and you are your only obstacle.

Granted, I wouldn't mind if they came back with the same feeling of difficulty.

Because they are doing the same thing they did with challenge mode dungeons. Whys that so hard to understand. Sometimes, in games as well as life, if you want something you put in the time, effort, and work to do it. The next xpac isn't for approx 1 more year giving anyone playing more than enough time to get these appearances. If you come into the game next xpac, I'm sorry, but it was an reward given to those who played at the time.

Whats the point of getting them? Aren't they taking the weapons away anyway, so we won't even be able to equip it to show it off?

Deleted
    Amazing.

When i make threads about "prestige" everyone tells me to fuck off.
    But in here everyone seems to agree with Blizzard.

Whiteknights everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Amazing.

Whiteknights everywhere
    Everyone here is only joking just to fuck with you ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    to add a little more value for these appearances i would guess. I mean, you have a whole year to get them, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Acideyeliner View Post
    Whats the point of getting them? Aren't they taking the weapons away anyway, so we won't even be able to equip it to show it off?
    You will be able to transmog any of the obtained appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Amazing.

Whiteknights everywhere
    There is a big difference between prestige a few things and prestige every fucking piece of armor because you see transmog as a problem.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4