10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Because match cancellation is not actually about punishing your team, come on now.
    it is if you are clearly the better team and being robbed out of what you deserve by quitters

Think I'm just going to do my placements and then call it quits for the season. Time to move on some and play all the other games on my shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    it is if you are clearly the better team and being robbed out of what you deserve by quitters
    That may be sort of a side-effect, but you know very well it has nothing to do with the actual reason why cancellation is in place. Yes, it's a little disappointing when it happens, but it's not about punishment and it really should be there.

Might not even do placements this season. Judging by my luck with teammates in QP and Arcade, I don't even want to bother being grouped with some of these people.
    Add on the complete "fuck you" feeling by Jeff and the devs for high ranked players getting the "play to win" treatment while Plat and lower still have to deal with the personal SR BS and the mentality that comes with it, I just don't even think I want to mess with the game right now.
    Complete shame too, because I really enjoy the game most days, but everything happening lately is hurting my enjoyment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been away a week or so, missed the end of season to try to fix my massive loss streak. Picked up Orisa's golden gun, and played some DM to get back into it; Some moments of fun.

https://plays.tv/video/5a495c20c8b329010c/dm-widow1
    https://plays.tv/video/5a495c76c602d1ab26/dm-widow2
    https://plays.tv/video/5a495cae585836d462/dm-widow3
    https://plays.tv/video/5a495cd806caf802e4/dm-widow4

Should be optimistic for the new season, but it's hard, still no word on Mercy, Moira feels pretty broken too; looking at stats taking them as your support pair looks pretty mandatory. Sombra, Mei and Ana still need some work, but again, complete silence on those too, and no follow up on the SR award changes. Meanwhile queues are getting really long and MMR feels like its getting worse, seems people just aren't playing anymore. Will see how it goes.

I placed in 3030 after playing my placements. Won the next game too so I have a season high of 3054.

So far only done 3 placement matches. Each one my team was entirely support mains. Luckily the first one they had enough time to be effective with other heroes and the other team played poorly. 2nd game a loss and 3rd one we barely eked out a draw.

- - - Updated - - -

People are too funny. 7th game in placement, teammate picks Hanzo, I pick Widow. I explain I'm only doing it to see enemy team comp before doors open. Other teammate immediately starts complaining about it. I say it again. They keep complaining. Person on Hanzo calls them a bitch.
    They spend the whole match arguing and they refuse to heal Hanzo, which is a shame because Hanzo is putting in a lot of work and getting good picks and communicating (in between arguing with the teammate).
    Lose a game we should have won. Enemy team was unorganized, but because we had 2 working against each other, it was like playing a 4v6.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Did my competitive placements in the hopes that maybe it would be less aids than before.

2CP is still the greatest and broken cancer mode ever. I don't know why we need to win 6 team fights before we win the point.
    Then there is your inevitable toxicity where people keep pointing fingers, scream at others to switch or just throw.
    Some smurfs in there as well, for good measure and stomping.

Had one game where we stomped the enemy in the first minute, enemy leaves, we get kicked out and the next attempt at a match is a cesspool. Thanks Blizzard.

Yeah, I'm not having fun and these 10 games confirmed that once again. There were two fun games but the rest was just a pure headache.
    For a team based shooter the team aspect is completely lost.

Back to quickplay and the occasional fun scrims with masters folks. And Blizzard takes a fucking millennia to talk about actual balance (not just one specific hero) and there's all this craze about new heroes, skins and maps.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2018-01-01 at 04:59 PM.

Did all my placements this morning

Saltiest season by far,

I've had people arguing, being racist, afking and trolling in 9 out of 10 games. Have torbs on attack setting up their turret in spawn and no where else, I've seen junkrats shooting directly vertical and not moving for the entire game etc.

Just for a bit of context, and very short version as I've posted this before, last season I let a GM friend do my placements, as I play with him and all his gm / master mates and hold my own. He won 9/10 mostly as mercy with a handful of golds each game. It placed him at 1700. Now after that I had one shitty day and dropped to 1.2k legit some of the shittest team mates I've ever seen (we're talking about 4 golds and a silver on moira and lucio, or 5 golds on hog when theres an ana and mercy with you etc) anyways I climbed back up and ended the season on 1750 rating.

So this morning after the royal shit fest I had in placements, my end score was 9/10 lost, 1 draw. My placement? 1950. Happy with that all things considered but fuck me it's annoying as well

Always fun playing Moira and ending the game with gold elims/obj elims/healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Always fun playing Moira and ending the game with gold elims/obj elims/healing.
    I can't tell if you are being happy about the hero's playstyle or being salty about your teams.

In case you are being salty. You should basically always have these medals as Moira because of how the hero works.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    I can't tell if you are being happy about the hero's playstyle or being salty about your teams.

In case you are being salty. You should basically always have these medals as Moira because of how the hero works.
    Not salty. Just funny that a support hero gets medals like that.
    Also makes me laugh that people say Moira isn't an effective hero and doesn't heal enough. Pulling 15k healing over a 12 minute match, and getting the hero card for healing over 2 Mercy's and a Lucio makes me smile.
    I'm still waiting for the nerfs to Moira though. Probably going to be a damage reduction to her non Ult beam/orb. It's pretty ridiculous in the Plat range she can go up against a lot of enemies and either kill them or chase them off. I like her as an anti flanker hero in a support role for that reason, but she might be a little too strong (at least for lower tiers, not sure about high ones).

Have they nerfed the SR gains this season. Just had a match that we won and I had 4 golds as dva...still only gained 20 SR...And any loss is automatically atleast 35 SR lost

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    Have they nerfed the SR gains this season. Just had a match that we won and I had 4 golds as dva...still only gained 20 SR...And any loss is automatically atleast 35 SR lost
    Nothing that's been revealed. Not even Diamond and above get their changes until about 1/2 way thru the season last I heard.

I'll come back when they ditch this whole, placements every season, thing. Such a waste of time, and half the time you end up worse off then if you had just played the 10 games normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I'll come back when they ditch this whole, placements every season, thing. Such a waste of time, and half the time you end up worse off then if you had just played the 10 games normally.
    Yeah it's really pointless. Why do we have to waste time for 10 games when it's still going to be pretty much the same as last season. Either a clean start each season or get rid of placements.

Yeah it's really pointless. Why do we have to waste time for 10 games when it's still going to be pretty much the same as last season. Either a clean start each season or get rid of placements.
    I placed almost 200 rating more than I had in the end of last season.

It's actually worse then "pretty much the same as last season" you generally end lower even if you win the majority of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's actually worse then "pretty much the same as last season" you generally end lower even if you win the majority of games.
    What? xD I won 5 games in placement and lost 5 and got almost 200 rating more.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    What? xD I won 5 games in placement and lost 5 and got almost 200 rating more.
    You're quite lucky then, I've gone 8/10 and placed about 300 under end of season.

They also need to extend the Diamond+ changes down all the way to the bottom, it's stupid that it's play to win for SR at diamond plus but 1 trick and try to win, but if its not working don't switch because you'll gain less sr if you win, or lose more if you lose, BECAUSE you switched, anywhere below diamond.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2018-01-01 at 08:18 PM.