Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is lightforging the cure for undeath?

So we know that humans and it seems that any creature can become lightforged. Part of the paladin mount chain leads you to lightforging Rivendare's undead steed. The description of lightforging from the audio drama and the video of illidan resisting becoming a lightforged Lends us to believe that lightforging essentially recreates the body of the individual. Does this mean that individuals such as leonid might reject their undead state?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Given the interaction betwen undead and light we can safely assume its "bullet to the head" type of cure.

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Given the interaction betwen undead and light we can safely assume its "bullet to the head" type of cure.
    But I could see it saving those if they wanted to be saved. Look no further than that of Bridenbrad quest in Wotlk. A'dal said none are beyond it. "The light does not abandon its champions."

Hard to say though if it could be applied to everyone. I could see it burning some into ash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromeshellking View Post
    But I could see it saving those if they wanted to be saved. Look no further than that of Bridenbrad quest in Wotlk. A'dal said none are beyond it. "The light does not abandon its champions."

Hard to say though if it could be applied to everyone. I could see it burning some into ash.
    Brinderbrad wasn't undead, nor even dead. He was dying. And naaru basically killed (yup killed) him in ethical and light soul-sparing way.

Its basically light-flavored euthanasia. Also we have absolutely nothing to confirm is he was saved. For all we know naaru may just devoured his soul.

Now i want lightforged undead as an allied race....

joke aside... I don't think you can lightforge undead... you're basically going to kill them.

Now i'm curious to know if lightforged beings can be turned undead.

Homophobia is so gay.

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Brinderbrad wasn't undead, nor even dead. He was dying. And naaru basically killed (yup killed) him in ethical and light soul-sparing way.

Its basically light-flavored euthanasia. Also we have absolutely nothing to confirm is he was saved. For all we know naaru may just devoured his soul.
    Well that went scary level of south...Maybe illidan was like oh fuck getting eaten.

I feel like there are probably a lot of potential cures for undeath at this point, Blizzard just doesn't want to explore them for gameplay purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I feel like there are probably a lot of potential cures for undeath at this point, Blizzard just doesn't want to explore them for gameplay purposes.
    And among them:
    - Decapitationizol
    - Euthanazol
    - Burnaliveplex
    - Purifylex
    - Chopazol

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    And among them:
    - Decapitationizol
    - Euthanazol
    - Burnaliveplex
    - Purifylex
    - Chopazol
    Ask your doctor is Burnaliveplex is right for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

There was a Blizzard Writing contest a number of years back which credited a work with a premise similar to this. The Forsaken at the end reached some kind of restoration with the Light, which alludes that at least at one point the Light healing the state of undeath was an accepted concept. As to what the end result would look like... well, specifically with Lightforging, is unclear, but results we see thus far with fallen and risen crusaders across the Scarlet Crusade and all of Northrend seem to indicate that the Light won't repair the body to any meaningful extent. (Maybe they'd get tattoos, and have even more yellow eyes.) But to a Forsaken, what would be important would be ending the suffering that their state puts them in. Even if they were Light-Ghosts, or Light-Ghouls, as long as they could reach some kind of absolution they would probably jump at the chance. That said, any self-respecting die-hard Forsaken player would be loathe to throw away their bones. But plenty of non-Forsaken mains speak to a desire to play something resembling "a little less of a zombie".

So maybe there's a desire for some kind of walking skeleton that has floating yellow ghost-gas inside them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromeshellking View Post
    Well that went scary level of south...Maybe illidan was like oh fuck getting eaten.
    Plus I'm not sure how canon Bridenbrad's questchain is since his was a homage to the brother of a Blizzard employee who died of cancer.

i definitely think it could probably restore an undead to true life.

that'd be an interesting story. i wonder it sylvanas would try to hide it from the rest of the forsaken, or embrace it. a lot of them likely have living family members they want to reconnect with, sylvanas could see it as a threat to her power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Ask your doctor is Burnaliveplex is right for you.
    3/10 doctors recommend it. 7/10 doctors are bribed by hostile corporations.

can you even lightforge something that is not alive??

A lot of undead are touched in more ways than one by Death/Decay magic. They're far more evil than they were when living, look at any forsaken/undead character who was once a hero.

I don't think most would want it tbh. Would it even remove that darkness from their souls, would it save them from that darkness afterlife?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    can you even lightforge something that is not alive??
    The paladin did it by lightforging an undead horse and thus "Redeeming" it.

Whether that charger is a normal horse or a slave of the light though is up do debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    The paladin did it by lightforging an undead horse and thus "Redeeming" it.

Whether that charger is a normal horse or a slave of the light though is up do debate.
    thats an old quest from vanilla, i dont think that was lightforging. Lightforging wasnt even a thing back then

Forsaken could potentially get lightforged and join the Alliance. Faol could be the first "reverse-state cured" human, although this would imply that humans could be raised and then lightforged, which would mean that all the dead characters could make a potential comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    thats an old quest from vanilla, i dont think that was lightforging. Lightforging wasnt even a thing back then
    They're talking about the Paladin class mount quests in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Forsaken could potentially get lightforged and join the Alliance. Faol could be the first "reverse-state cured" human, although this would imply that humans could be raised and then lightforged, which would mean that all the dead characters could make a potential comeback.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post

Why?
    Because the Alliance is the only faction with lightforging available at this point. They'd go the long mile to reverse their former citizen/friends/family to their former selves and then some.

It is a natural course of things. It is like asking why someone raised by Sylvanas would join her sooner than the Alliance.