Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    To all of the people throwing a fit over her response how would you feel if women consistently referred to you as “boy”? Yea yea, you’ll say it wouldn’t bother you but try and imagine it being done your whole life and being called this by all women all the time no matter how well you know them. I personally cannot empathize but I can believe it to be very frustrating to be consistantly refered to in a demeaning way.

This is completely inappropriate way for a company to respond.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JCD000 View Post
    Yeah I get called this all the time by older women, I guess if he said it in a dismissing way it would be more an attitude problem than some sexist thing considering older people of a certain generation will call younger people that. Of course there's overdoing it, if it's someone you're in contact with frequently and they always refer to you affectionately and you have no interest then yes that can be harassment at some point, but I doubt a quick one off remark is that damaging.
    What we see as a “quick one off remark” is likely something she has to deal with all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ethris View Post
    Sweetie you'll have to try harder than that.
    It’s alright kid, one day it’ll click.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    What we see as a “quick one off remark” is likely something she has to deal with all the time.
    So why is it OK for women to call guys that?

10+ Year Old Account
    To all of the people throwing a fit over her response how would you feel if women consistently referred to you as “boy”? Yea yea, you’ll say it wouldn’t bother you but try and imagine it being done your whole life and being called this by all women all the time no matter how well you know them. I personally cannot empathize but I can believe it to be very frustrating to be consistantly refered to in a demeaning way.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

It’s alright kid, one day it’ll click.
    Don't older women already often refer to others as sweetheart? I don't see the big deal here. Also, honey and boy aren't really the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Don't you know that Pepe has been hi-jacked by nazi and alt-right groups? You're associating yourself with degenerates..
    Don't know you know that alt-righters watch anime? Don't you know that these degenerates fuck body pillows? Do you want to associate yourself with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    People are becoming so fragile these days most of them shouldn't leave the house least a harsh breeze were to hit and shatter them.
    No, people are finally getting the backup they deserve when they stand up to being treated inappropriately. It’s likely this isn’t an isolated incident as woman have to consistently deal with this belittlement and harassment in general. It’s easy to dismiss when it isn’t something you have to deal with in your daily life.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

This is awesome. Imagine worst possible scenario and then say: "See how bad is it!? Agree with my point!"

Unless all women are being called "honey" by every man in any situation, like you purpose we imagine, then it would actually mean something.

Quote Originally Posted by JCD000 View Post
    So why is it OK for women to call guys that?
    It’s not. Men just often don’t have to deal with it multiple times a day so it’s easier to dismiss. If it’s occurring regularly and makes the guy feel uncomfortable then they have every right to say something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    Don't older women already often refer to others as sweetheart? I don't see the big deal here. Also, honey and boy aren't really the same.
    They are both used in a demeaning way towards the opposite gender.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    This is awesome. Imagine worst possible scenario and then say: "See how bad is it!? Agree with my point!"

Unless all women are being called "honey" by every man in any situation, like you purpose we imagine, then it would actually mean something.
    You literally took what you were complaining about and did it... I didnget extreme on the “all” part, but overall that’s irrelevant. it doesn’t have to be done by EVERY man. And no it doesn’t have to happen EVERY day. It just has to happen frequently. If you were being cat called by people you didn’t know weekly and referred to as kid or boy by women in a demeaning manner regularly you’d likely get frustrated as well. There is a chance you might not, everyone has a different threshold, but that doesn’t ever make it ok.

I also never said you had to agree with me. Just that I don’t agree with you.
    Last edited by DrStiglit; 2018-01-02 at 10:17 PM.

No, people are finally getting the backup they deserve when they stand up to being treated inappropriately. It’s likely this isn’t an isolated incident as woman have to consistently deal with this belittlement and harassment in general. It’s easy to dismiss when it isn’t something you have to deal with in your daily life.
    For being a SJW tryhard you're pretty bad at it, assuming things about people like that. I assure you I deal with worse things on regular basis, but guess what, it works fine because I'm not made of glass and simply dismisses people misbehaving as the idiots they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    For being a SJW tryhard you're pretty bad at it, assuming things about people like that. I assure you I deal with worse things on regular basis, but guess what, it works fine because I'm not made of glass and simply dismisses people misbehaving as the idiots they are.
    That still doesn’t make it right and you shouldn’t have to deal with that shit on a daily basis. You’re also just assuming since you put up with it everyone else should as well. Sorry, but some people respect themselves enough to know they shouldn’t be treated that way. And if I’m an SJW tryhard for believing people should be respected then so be it, but this is so far on the basic level for how people should treat others it’s scary to see it brushed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Don't know you know that alt-righters watch anime? Don't you know that these degenerates fuck body pillows? Do you want to associate yourself with them?
    Apples and oranges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Apples and oranges.
    False equivalency you can go away. Pepe the frog is as associated with the alt-right as is anime by your standard.

I see we are just continuing on from 2017 with the over sensitive cry babies. It's gonna be a long year

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    False equivalency you can go away. Pepe the frog is as associated with the alt-right as is anime by your standard.
    Type pepe the frog into a Google's search engine and the alt right is the 2nd suggestion. However when you do the same search with the word Anime or Manga or any derivative of the past time you see no such suggestions popping up. Do you have any solid proof to back up your point that anime and pepe the frog are associated with the alt-right to the same extent or is this yet another of your inane ramblings. Anime encompasses so many genres and styles its like you're saying that netflix (or watching television) and using pepe the frog memes/avatars are both associated with the alt right.

I'll be waiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethris View Post
    Sweetie you'll have to try harder than that.
    See? You get it! Lol
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    She should man up. Its just words.
    PC Principal: "Did I Just Hear A Microaggression?!"

That's why I prefer to use "buttercups" for both sexes (and of course the huge spectrum in between) it has that edgy passive aggressive vibe that insults everyone.

It’s not. Men just often don’t have to deal with it multiple times a day so it’s easier to dismiss. If it’s occurring regularly and makes the guy feel uncomfortable then they have every right to say something.
    Might actually be the opposite, men hear it so often they are desensitized to it.

Uh, you guys really don't think being called "honey" by a stranger is patronising?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    First snort of the year. Thank you, Shinra!
    I can get you some macroaggressions if you prefer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I can get you some macroaggressions if you prefer.
    Whatever you say, "Honey"~

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Wait... you're bashing her?

She is well within her right, geez... Sexism is a thing I guess.

Calling someone honey, pet or love for that manner is the same as when you patronize a 5-year old for not knowing any better, it's a way to undermine a grown adults relevancy in the given argument.

And it's very commonly used towards women by men. And not rarely in a way that demonstrates that they look down upon said woman and think that they know better. You don't use a childs nicknames for an adult, its demeaning.

Honey and Love are fine between two lovers that use such pet names regurlarly, otherwise it is offensive to an adult, because it directly shows that you've no intention of taking whatever the person says as serious.
    Bull fucking shit. Women use it towards men as well. I work in sales and a lot of my clients are older. I get called honey or sweetie all the time by little old ladies. I should go throw a shit fit on social media too I guess.

It's a stupid cunt who got mad someone didn't put up with her trivial bullshit, so she went to cry on Twitter like a child. She got a humorous response, and more emotionally stunted adults started crying because "muh sexism."