Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Tyrande makes it easy for everyone to bitch about her. I'm Alliance myself and I could never stand her attitude.

It could the voice actress though. In any case I wholeheartedly hate her.
    Tyrande always came off as bitchy. Malfurion was always the "bro" of the Night Elves even in WC3.

And her voice actor sounds awful. I don't mean the acting is awful, just the sound of the voice is ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Alliance fanboys on this site are unbearable. Don't you even read your own fucking quests? In suramar world quests tyrande shits on every Nightborne and treats them like meat shields for her fucking good for nothing people. Why the fuck would they join those assholes? And since when falling from a bridge is considered help?
    Hello horde fanboy, if you think that all Tyrande did was falling from a bridge, then i would suggest replaying warcraft 3tft.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Hello horde fanboy, if you think that all Tyrande did was falling from a bridge, then i would suggest replaying warcraft 3tft.
    What she did back then doesn't matter to what she's doing now. And what she did now was act like a cunt towards the Nightborne, hence they go to the Horde, specifically the Blood Elves, for showing them solidarity and compassion over vilification.

it does matter what she did back then, when liadrin speaks shit

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankrave View Post
    the point is if Blizz needed a race for Alliance, they could've just easily swapped Nelves' and Belves' roles in this conflict, i.e.:

Thallysra: "Blood elves didn't help us as much during this war with Legion and showed distrust due to our similarity to you, kal'dorei"
    Tyrande: "Indeed, those cowards always try to run from troubles and hide behind others backs".
    Thallysra: "Hence we feel like rekindling our unity with kal'dorei is essential".
    Tyrande: "We are gladly inviting you to join the Alliance and fight agains our common enemies".

Voila, Alliance has Nightborne.
    Blame Tyrande being a bitch, again, and sucking at diplomacy.

She really needs to be replaced as leader.

T'partoos should brrring... this puny one. Hilarious, looking forward to that one

Thalryssa and Liadrin one was even worse than just reading the conversation lol. So forced. Void Elves are written better, and thats saying something.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, blizzard did a total turn around on Tyrande. From being the one she was back in WC3 helping her old people(Kael'thas and his elves, former Kal'dorei) without even a tought of not doing it. She even says that it is an honor to help them. To now where she, for Horde players, doesn't seem to care that much. I mean her reasoning holds logic and all, but blizzard write her way too much away from her original self.

And for the Alliance players. If people hasn't the the Horde side of Suramar, then I suggest you do. Then you'll understand how Horde players say this shit make sense and all. Overall the reasons are weak, but at least you get the bigger picture.

Maybe I should go Highmountain Tauren. Love the zone, the race, but it is the awesome HM music that is the real star. Gives me good vibes.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2018-01-04 at 02:02 PM.

I like to see how the horde is helping the shaldorei with the repairs and with supplies

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Blame Tyrande being a bitch, again, and sucking at diplomacy.

She really needs to be replaced as leader.
    Do u understand that both Tyrande and Liadrin lack character development to the point one can't even form some sort of attitude towards them?
    Later blizz just puts the fact in our throats: "nelves were bad, belves were good, nightborne join belves".
    We didn't had a chance to observe (andto participate in) relation development between elvish races during 7.1 to agree with that statement, because there were none.
    That's the problem, same problem as with void elves. They both just suddenly dropped on our heads "cuz reasons".

7+ Year Old Account
    Do u understand that both Tyrande and Liadrin lack character development to the point one can't even form some sort of attitude towards them?
    Later blizz just puts the fact in our throats: "nelves were bad, belves were good, nightborne join belves".
    We didn't had a chance to observe (andto participate in) relation development between elvish races during 7.1 to agree with that statement, because there were none.
    That's the problem, same problem as with void elves. They both just suddenly dropped on our heads "cuz reasons".
    We have enough to know Tyrande is bad at making friends. She was even that way in WC3. Malfurion had to convince the twit to work with the Alliance and Horde of the time to defeat the legion.

Deleted
    Yes, they have in common bitching about Tyrande, when she saved their asses. Liadrin has short memory when she villainize her, even though blood elves were saved by tyrande in lordaeron. And she has right to be angry at nighborne, when they, as a highborne locked themselves and didnt fight in the war of the ancients.
    You can't argue that she's obnoxious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But the trolls were at that point as well as their alliance to support Lei Shen, the Thunder King. The Sin'dorei and Quel'dorei have been spearheading the defense against the trolls.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry, but all elves are narcissists. High Elves, Blood Elves, Highborne, Nightborne, Night Elves etc etc etc.
    I can't remember right now. But weren't they all one elven civilization at the time of lei shen? Like the breaking hadn't happens and arcane magic wasn't outlawed no?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Nightborne ones are cool also. I feel like Nightborne and Blood Elves do have the most in common. I like the aspect of high magic they bring to the Horde.
    I tink da trolls brought da high magics long ago man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    The Sin'dorei aided Illidan and Vashj in routing off the Burning Legion when they reopened the Dark Portal in BC. Otherwise the Horde and Alliance forces would of been destroyed and Azeroth over-run. That is at least one instance.
    Yea I can agree with that. But night elves we're helping against the scourge in other ways in ashenvale and hyjal no?

I dunno I could totally be wrong but to me it feels like this whole allied race thing (all of them) seems like a very crazy stretch just to give the alliance purple high elves and make some faction war happen
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Nevertheless, it still shows how big of an asspull their allegiance with the blood elves was.

We didn't see them building up relations during our assault on Suramar (or in that matter any conflict with Tyrande), it ended up as a sudden surprise during last weeks of Argus campaign.Hence Alliance players consider it to be an utter bullshit.

Blizz should've just gone with Highmountain for Horde and Lightforged for the Alliance tbh.
    well we all know it happened to give alliance void elves and they mostly seem happy with it. Now void elves are on the alliance there is no reason high elves won’t follow soon. However don’t think that night elves on the horde is going to lead to further night elf development. They all write on the one story. Rather than having different people write stories for the races.

After watching the Nightborne in-game cinematic, I was very disappointed. "The night elves' arrogance and mistrust." Yeah, like the Nightborne didn't do anything to deserve such mistrust. I mean, it's not as if the Nightborne walled themselves off in the first Legion invasion and then joined the Legion in the second invasion OH WAIT...

And then Lady Liadrin: "The night elves hid in dens and trees while my people fought to save the world." Yeah, it's not like her people walled themselves off from the first Alliance against the invading orcs, then many years later captured and tortured a Naaru, and it's not as if the Night Elves sacrificed the World Tree and their immortality to save Azeroth from the Legion's invasion OH WAIT...

I will lose a lot of respect for Lady Liadrin if that conversation goes live the way it currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I used to like blood elves, kinda not anymore.
    Why not? It’s not really the blood elves fault that blizzard is making the race playable on alliance and forcing the night elves to have a race playable on the horde.

Tbh I think the blood elf part was written quite well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    After watching the Nightborne in-game cinematic, I was very disappointed. "The night elves' arrogance and mistrust." Yeah, like the Nightborne didn't do anything to deserve such mistrust. I mean, it's not as if the Nightborne walled themselves off in the first Legion invasion and then joined the Legion in the second invasion OH WAIT...

And then Lady Liadrin: "The night elves hid in dens and trees while my people fought to save the world." Yeah, it's not like her people walled themselves off from the first Alliance against the invading orcs, then many years later captured and tortured a Naaru, and it's not as if the Night Elves sacrificed the World Tree and their immortality to save Azeroth from the Legion's invasion OH WAIT...

I will lose a lot of respect for Lady Liadrin if that conversation goes live the way it currently is.
    remember it’s Liadrin’s opinion and likely that of the Thalassian elves. It’s not necessarily how it actually was. Although if Liadrin is disdainful at the kaldorei group for that, how are those that became shal’dorei any different? If not worse for hiding behind a shield and doing Nothing at all

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Indeed brother T'Paartos is an amazing draenei.
    By amazing if you mean annoying as hell and needs shoving face first off the Vindicaar, then sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post

I like to see how the horde is helping the shaldorei with the repairs and with supplies
    Yeah, i really like this, its quite nice to see, hope we see the same with the Hightmountain Tauren (i know is not going to be seen in the HM video but maybe in their city)

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    remember it’s Liadrin’s opinion and likely that of the Thalassian elves. It’s not necessarily how it actually was. Although if Liadrin is disdainful at the kaldorei group for that, how are those that became shal’dorei any different? If not worse for hiding behind a shield and doing Nothing at all
    I know it's a matter of opinions, and I fully expected something like that coming from Rommath or Lor'themar, but, of all Blood Elves, I expected Lady Liadrin to be more level-headed regarding this kind of situation, considering everything she went through during her time as the head of the Blood Knights.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    Lmao, it is ridiculous how bad the writing is for the Suramar cutscenes.

''Tyrande spanked us with words after we betrayed our people 10 000 years ago, but she still helped us by supplying troops, warmachines and fought for our freedom herself at the front lines... she is NASTY and we HATE her''

''Ah yes, Tyrande has been super mean to us as well! Even though on that occasion, she too helped me, let us use this 5-year-old logic to base incredibly heavy decisions upon!''

Like what, are Thalyssra and Liadrin fucking children? This has got to be some of the worst writing ever in WoW and it puts the two elves in the joke character category...
    Yeah that is exactly how I saw it as well, truly awful writing..