Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    My main point for allied races is to have playable character of already excisting races that had a big attachement to a faction so than they could atleast of freelancers/ adventurers join that faction.

Alliance:
    - High Elves :P
    - Nightborne Elves

- Highborne are already present (mage night elves)
    - Wildhammer Dwarves (tatoos)
    - Frost Dwarves
    - (Maybe Earthern dwarves and Mech gnomes?? prob not)
    - Kul tiras humans
    - Broken Draenei
    - Jinyu (MoP fish people)

Horde:
    ORCs:

- Straight Back orcs
    - Mag'har Orcs (Outland brown orcs)

- Blackhammer Orcs (ash orcs grey, bit risky since they are enemies. So it has to be straglers)
    - Mok'nathal (hybrid Orcs-Ogres, bit iffy since they are extremely rare)

Forsaken
    - Forsaken Elves (based on the elite shadowrangers Sylvannas has).
    - Maybe leper gnomes?

Tauren
    - Taunka (Northrend)
    - Yaungol (they really fit wel with orcs)
    - Grimtotem (if blackhaired taurens arnt already possible)

-Trolls seem very similar so not needed unless a story gives a deep meaning for a tribe to join the horde
    -
    My signature.
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that" -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

i dont understand why people keep asking for high elves...is annoying

Here's my new and revised wishlist with some practical ideas and some bold ones. Allied races in my new list are organized by which player race skeleton they use (barring the undead).

HUMAN - Kul Tiran (A), Vrykul (A)
    DWARF - Dark Iron dwarf* (A), Wildhammer dwarf (A), Frostborne (A)
    NIGHT ELF - Nightborne* (H), Jinyu (A)
    GNOME - Leper gnome (H), Sand gnome (A), Mechagnome (A)
    DRAENEI - Lightforged draenei* (A), Broken draenei (A), Man'ari eredar (A)
    WORGEN - Feral/Kaldorei worgen (A), Dragonman (A), Saberon (H)
    PANDAREN - Furbolg (A), Tortollan (A)
    MISCELLANEOUS - Ethereal (A), Arakkoa (A)

Total Alliance-aligned Allied Race Count: 19

Notes:
    - Playable man'ari would be defects from the Legion. If Velen was capable of showing sympathy towards Kil'jaeden, then he can for the entirety of his surviving corrupted brethren.
    - Dragonmen would be based off the concept of a playable race idea Blizzard had, but it would also include the Blackhowl suggestion I often saw Shoc mention.
    -Misc. allied races would require a lot of reworking.

---

ORC - Draenor orc (H), Mok'nathal (H)
    UNDEAD - Forsaken elf (H), Elite Forsaken (H)
    TAUREN - Highmountain tauren* (H), Taunka (H), Grimtotem tauren (H), Yaungol (H)
    TROLL - Zandalari troll* (H), Forest troll (H), Sand troll (H), Dark troll (A)
    BLOOD ELF - Void elf* (A)
    GOBLIN - Vulpera (H), Gilgoblin (H)
    PANDAREN - Tuskarr (H)
    MISCELLANEOUS - Ogre (H), Hozen (H)

Total Horde-aligned Allied Race Count: 19

Notes:
    - "Draenor orcs" would include options for all the other orc clans, including the mag'har.
    - Elite Forsaken are undead humans that look like Nathanos Blightcaller.
    - Grimtotem would open up the mage, rogue and warlock race/class combos for tauren; could essentially be an extra customization feature rather than a full on allied race.
    - Yaungol are a bit of a stretch, hence why they're last in the tauren list.
    - Misc. allied races would require a lot of reworking.
    - Blood elves could have customization access to blue and gold eyes.

---
    I'm surprised I was able to even out both factions.

Any questions? If so, please quote me.
    Last edited by Hallowseve17; 2018-01-03 at 08:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve17 View Post
    ---
    I'm surprised I was able to even out both factions.

Any questions? If so, please quote me.
    My list was more based on already close ties to the factions, so some i wouldnt quickly go that you put in your list or are potential future new aditions (miscellaneous section).

One mistake in your list by your own account is Draenor orcs. You list the different yet similiar troll tribes seperatly but not the more diverse Draenor orc clans.

But some are really nice. I forgot about the furbolg they really have a high establishment with the night elves already, just like high elves with humans.
    Elite forsaken could be a bit of an issue of being too close too human (just like high elves with blood elves :P)

On a more serious note, Dragonman or Dragonid or 4 pads are really cool. But because of them being dragons its risky to put them in one faction. You have to put something awesome on the otherside should that one come out. Admittingly i dont think races define faction balance anymore like blood elves did in tbc though.

Hozen are an issue as they only live 4 years.
    Also Tuskar fit horde wel, atleast with the tauren with both of them being very hunter and shamanistic orientated. But you probably want them introduced with a sea expansion and put another searace on the opposite. I guess Jinyu.

So give us Mogu as the opposed pairing for Jinyu, both are from Pandaria so they thematically gel well.
    Mogu can join the Horde to follow along their ancient Zandalari allies now that they are pretty much out of prominent leaders after we have slaughtered most of the Mogu ruling caste. Something not uncommon in Mogu history.
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that" -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    So now that I've been pondering Drogbar.... Drogbar anyone?
    To be honest I kind of like their physical proportions and silhouette.
    Obviously they're at least half-way down towards the bottom of my wish-list but I'd still hypothetically would like them to show up as the 40th allied race. (I'm currently assuming we'll never go past 20 allied races, expecting less than 12 before the next expansion, just a hypothetical.)
    Honestly I kind of assumed the Highmountain would be just another Taunka/Yaungol/Etc and the Drogbar would be the ones joining.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

My list was more based on already close ties to the factions, so some i wouldnt quickly go that you put in your list or are potential future new aditions (miscellaneous section).

One mistake in your list by your own account is Draenor orcs. You list the different yet similiar troll tribes seperatly but not the more diverse Draenor orc clans.

But some are really nice. I forgot about the furbolg they really have a high establishment with the night elves already, just like high elves with humans.
    Elite forsaken could be a bit of an issue of being too close too human (just like high elves with blood elves :P)

On a more serious note, Dragonman or Dragonid or 4 pads are really cool. But because of them being dragons its risky to put them in one faction. You have to put something awesome on the otherside should that one come out. Admittingly i dont think races define faction balance anymore like blood elves did in tbc though.

Hozen are an issue as they only live 4 years.
    Also Tuskar fit horde wel, atleast with the tauren with both of them being very hunter and shamanistic orientated. But you probably want them introduced with a sea expansion and put another searace on the opposite. I guess Jinyu.
    Thanks for the feedback.

You're right about the trolls, I could merge them into just two allied races. Honestly, I just never thought about that, haha. In my next mockup list, I'll try and update that.

The elite undead allied race idea is a tricky one, I agree. Yes, they look like the default humans, but with a little touching up and giving them their own feel, I can see it making perfect sense.

My dragonman allied race idea is also pushing it a little bit. Blizzard once stated the dragonmen were originally a concept for a playable race way back when. I figured they use the worgen skeletons, but they can do something cool with them. Think of this: my dragonman concept would involve Wrathion since he was present in the Alliance Embassy in the Blizzcon BfA "beta". They would be infused with the blood of black dragon, merging both the drakonid fantasy people have wanted for far too long and the people who wanted Blackhowl worgen to be worgen infused with black dragon blood.

And yeah, I remember the hozen are a short-lived race, I was just pitching an actual Horde allied race. I'm sure they can retcon something.

Forgive me, but have you posted a list on here? I want to see what you want, I'm sure you've got some awesome ideas.

Thanks for positively responding to my post, I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for the feedback.

You're right about the trolls, I could merge them into just two allied races. Honestly, I just never thought about that, haha. In my next mockup list, I'll try and update that.

The elite undead allied race idea is a tricky one, I agree. Yes, they look like the default humans, but with a little touching up and giving them their own feel, I can see it making perfect sense.

My dragonman allied race idea is also pushing it a little bit. Blizzard once stated the dragonmen were originally a concept for a playable race way back when. I figured they use the worgen skeletons, but they can do something cool with them. Think of this: my dragonman concept would involve Wrathion since he was present in the Alliance Embassy in the Blizzcon BfA "beta". They would be infused with the blood of black dragon, merging both the drakonid fantasy people have wanted for far too long and the people who wanted Blackhowl worgen to be worgen infused with black dragon blood.

And yeah, I remember the hozen are a short-lived race, I was just pitching an actual Horde allied race. I'm sure they can retcon something.

Forgive me, but have you posted a list on here? I want to see what you want, I'm sure you've got some awesome ideas.

I actually had a similar concept for playable Dragonmen, basically nicknaming them 'Black Dragonsworn' (but they would probably need a proper demonym/nationality). My idea would be black dragonmen loyal to Wrathion that would be able to shift in and from human form. Their human forms would emulate Wrathion's humanoid form, having more dark-skinned options and having a sort of minor Arabian + Ethiopian aesthetic/cultural influence (maybe with a few Valyrian/Targaryen nods as well).

Considering there are only three uncorrupted black dragons left, one being Horde aligned and one being on Outland, having a people that at least carry from legacy of the black dragonflight might be preferable to Wrathion and would politically put him closer to the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I actually had a similar concept for playable Dragonmen, basically nicknaming them 'Black Dragonsworn' (but they would probably need a proper demonym/nationality). My idea would be black dragonmen loyal to Wrathion that would be able to shift in and from human form. Their human forms would emulate Wrathion's humanoid form, having more dark-skinned options and having a sort of minor Arabian + Ethiopian aesthetic/cultural influence (maybe with a few Valyrian/Targaryen nods as well).

Considering there are only three uncorrupted black dragons left, one being Horde aligned and one being on Outland, having a people that at least carry from legacy of the black dragonflight might be preferable to Wrathion and would politically put him closer to the Alliance.
    Oh my goodness! I love this idea so much! We're thinking on the same page!

Deleted
    Brothers and sisters, I come with another idea. I would like to see a crystal like construct race switching between the Light and the Void depending on your preferences. Avatarised Naaru, more or less.

I'm still convinced that Allied races are meant to be variations of existing races with some "faction swapping". I honestly doubt that this system will be used to introduce completely new playable races with their own skeletons and animations or races that would be technically new but share existing skeletons, like the new fox race.

That being said I have one change from my original post. I believe the Horde will get Nathanos-like undead as a new swapped allied race and Draenic Orcs that are made up of all the tribes in AU Draenor, meaning both brown and black skin orcs playable.

Now, for the Alliance think about this for a moment. Blizzard has promised us that they will eventually update both the worgen and goblin models. What if this happened during the patch cycle of BfA and they capitalize on this for 2 new allied races for the alliance.

Gilgoblins would be the mirror to the "Nathanos-like" undead. Azshara is a confirmed antagonist in this expansion so the Alliance could easily rescue a group of them to join their ranks.

As for the 2nd one, I had originally thought of either mechagnomes or Lepper Gnomes, However, with the looming updates for goblins and worgen and a picture I found on Deviantart by Tonig2, I have changed my mind. The second allied race would be Night Elf worgen, or perhaps maybe Elunerian Worgen???

The humanoid model would be the basic Nelf model, not the one you see on the right in that picture. As for lore, The Gilnean Worgen have spent a lot of time in Teldrassil so the curse could have easily spread. To regain their sanity, they could undergo a ritual by some elune priests, which would give them those tattoos, stag horns. and glowy hands.
    Last edited by Varx; 2018-01-07 at 08:04 PM.

Deleted
    I think that a common error is tring to give a "logical" choice for every race (mechanognome lul). The next allied races will probalby share a same source like this ones, tied with the story of Legion/BFA. The only race that i can really expect is Magh'ar orcs, the others will be something "new" like void elf ecc.nnn

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I'm still convinced that Allied races are meant to be variations of existing races with some "faction swapping". I honestly doubt that this system will be used to introduce completely new playable races with their own skeletons and animations or races that would be technically new but share existing skeletons, like the new fox race.
    yeah...we asked for sub races, but only dark iron is among those who were most requested

Allied races must be implemented ingame as a neutral faction we once teamed up with or fought.
    Each faction has emissaries (one per "official" race) and they suggest a new Ally to their High King/Warchief.

In 7.3.5, Baine will suggest Highmountain Tribes and Lady Liadrin will suggest Nightbornes to Sylvanas.
    Velen, with Turalion's approval will suggest the Lightforged Draeneis and Anduin will extend his father's offer to the Blood Elves and send Alleria Windrunner as an emissary to Silvermoon.

So by far, in 7.3.5 we will have this:
    - Taurens > Highmountain Tribes
    - Blood Elves > Nightbornes
    - Draeneis > Lightforged Draeneis
    - Humans > Void Elves

In patch 8.0.1 we will have 2 new allied races:
    - Trolls > Zandalari Trolls
    - Dwarves > Dark Iron Dwarves

This mean 3 emissaries on 7 for each faction found an allied race by the time of patch 8.1.0, with Pandarens on each side who will probably share the same allied race.

Here is my speculation on the missing allied races and how do they match with the evolution of BfA story:

/Patch 8.1.0 Theme: Faction war goes naval battle, found a huge source of Azerite on an island crowded by humanoïd turtles fighting bad Goblins led by a Gnome brain inside a Mecca (Venture Co.wabunga!!!)
    - Orcs > Black Rock Clan. Now that the Dark Iron Dwarves joined the Alliance, the Black Rock clan is s threatened to be wiped out from their holds in Black Rock Mountain. Seeing this as an opportunity to rally his former clan to the new Horde and use their city as a strategic point to attack and invade the Dark Iron Dwarves, Saurfang goes to recruit the Black Rock orcs.
    - Gilnean Worgens > Kul'Tirans. Seeing that Horde found a priceless advantage with Zandalar fleet, Genn Greymane is sent to Kul'Tiras to remind Katherine Proudmoore that her people were once Gilnean, and the Horde is another threat that should be taken seriously.
    - Pandarens > Tortollans. Help these cute little turtles to master the Art of Fighting and unleash their Samurai Showdown. Give the Venture Co. a taste of the Tortollan Fatal Fury!

/Patch 8.2.0 Theme: Here comes a new challenger! Nagas!
    - Forsakens > Kvaldirs. Sylvanas sends Nathanos to ask an audience with Odyn in order to claim the Helya Horn. Seeing the Kvaldirs as abominations that he doesn't have a use anymore now the Legion is defeated, Odyn will test you to see if you're worthy to be the new master of Helya's puppets. Nagas are raiding many vrykul villages in the Broken Isles and he sends you with Helya's Horn to kill Azshara's servants.
    - Gnomes > still working on. Wait for a post update!

/Patch 8.3.0 Theme: what the Hell is that place we crashed on? (Ny'alotha)
    - Goblins > still working on. Wait for a post update!
    - Night Elves > still working on. Wait for a post update!
    Last edited by WolfRider; 2018-01-07 at 11:00 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the feedback.

A bit late with my reply but it was on the same page you posted your list
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post48536172

NExt bit is helping you a bit with possible reasons. (more by bringing up story conditions really )

Elite forsaken probably clash more with Death knights who lore wise have humans as core. So elite undead look just like alliance human DK's :P. Lorewise it makes sense they look the same, the excistance of elite forsaken is extremely rare though as they have to be powerful individuals as they died or had extra juice put into them on the original resurrection for reasons. But that story element fits the adventurer perfectly.
    I'm afraid that allied races always need to mean being a big part of the faction instead of just being friends where adventurers of that race just flock to a faction.

Hozen remains iffy, its probably better to do another race which horde has better selection of. But the story element for it would be they gained some weaker blessing of what the Monkey King partly got. (the monkey king is immortal or atleast lives longer). This however could also lead to them being alliance just like the monkey king is more alligned with the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post

Their is already lore about Orcs possibly becoming 'Dragonman', Their called Dragonid. You saw them in Blackwing Lair during vanilla and TBC where you saw orcs shapeshift into Dragonids. (Dragonids are those bipedal dragons that are two handing a doublesided spead and twirling it).
    Their is a chance that the Dragonids shapeshift into orcs but i believe they actually were orcs originally. Especially in TBC.

I do like the idea of having an Arabian team race. Mages fit that really wel aswell. Would love to see a fire mage using 2 sabers to cast fire spells and have flying saber swords fighting.

As for Dragon aspects Horde is a bit screwed, they do have lore about the knowledge to become Black/Nether Dragonids, capture and train dragons and one black dragon who is protective of Highmountain Taurens.
    Dlood elves have some ties aswell but most Dragon aspects have either a deep bond with the Night Elves or interrests in humans. Dragons do like the High Elf form though.

Red Dragons: Bond with humans, they've been involved in human society in positive ways while they were hiding in human form and fought together to free them from the horde in 2e war. The horde were the ones who captured Alexstrasza and dominate the black dragons through an ancient artifact.
    They also gave the humans some extra knowledge about fire spells.

Blue: Aside of crazy moments they have a deep tie with Dalaran.

Brown aspect: Mainly neutral but have a history with Night Elves with the Silithus situation. Silithus (Ahn Qiraj) has become more of a global situation involving both factions now.

Green aspect: Heavy ties with night elfs. Ingame its been somewhat seperated into Cenarion Circle, but realisticly they are of the same faction where the night elves made a huge sacrifice to help protect the emerald dream.

Black Dragons: Wrathion has a more but odd relationship with the alliance. But the black dragons have more ties to the horde through history.
    Mind you where the black dragons actually tried to damage human society or use them to their own ends only to backstab them,
    the relationship they had with the orcs was more of masters and sevant. I already explained how some orcs turned into Dragonids.
    In outland however it was the orcs who were dominating the Netherdrakes, an old experiment from Neltharion.

Generally Brown and Green arn't really proactive aspects in the world. They're only concern is their domain regardless of faction. But because of the deep ties and dependancy the Green aspect has of the Night Elves they can fullfill a protective roll (if night elf lands are under attack and getting overwhelmed they should be helping, same with ancients).

The blue, red and black aspects are the busybody aspects on azeroth who tend to get more involved in the world and it's species.
    Black aspect were the biggest busy body and were also protective of the Alexstrazsa if i'm not mistaken. But it's their busy bodying that got them corrupted.

Look all I fucking want right now is Wildhammer and Orc clans, taunka and other troll tribes..

These are MUSTS for me.

at least the first two.

Draenor orcs and wildhammer are #1 prio.

Also NO MORE FUCKING ELVES.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah eredar for alliance is a maybe.

A bit late with my reply but it was on the same page you posted your list
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post48536172

NExt bit is helping you a bit with possible reasons. (more by bringing up story conditions really )

Elite forsaken probably clash more with Death knights who lore wise have humans as core. So elite undead look just like alliance human DK's :P. Lorewise it makes sense they look the same, the excistance of elite forsaken is extremely rare though as they have to be powerful individuals as they died or had extra juice put into them on the original resurrection for reasons. But that story element fits the adventurer perfectly.
    I'm afraid that allied races always need to mean being a big part of the faction instead of just being friends where adventurers of that race just flock to a faction.

Hozen remains iffy, its probably better to do another race which horde has better selection of. But the story element for it would be they gained some weaker blessing of what the Monkey King partly got. (the monkey king is immortal or atleast lives longer). This however could also lead to them being alliance just like the monkey king is more alligned with the Alliance.

Their is already lore about Orcs possibly becoming 'Dragonman', Their called Dragonid. You saw them in Blackwing Lair during vanilla and TBC where you saw orcs shapeshift into Dragonids. (Dragonids are those bipedal dragons that are two handing a doublesided spead and twirling it).
    Their is a chance that the Dragonids shapeshift into orcs but i believe they actually were orcs originally. Especially in TBC.
    I'm talking about as an allied race for worgen. Dragonmen, introduced in Cata are the fusions of humans and dragonspawn and share the same skeleton/animations as worgen.

Assuming orcs get an allied race, it should either be mag'har or ogres.

5+ Year Old Account
    Vrykul joining the Alliance as raider-mercenaries (initially) who later become a part officially at the end of a big ass questline about their allegiance.

Kvaldir joining the Horde when Sylvanas sends representatives to present Odyn with a contract signed by Helya, the deal she made with Sylvanas that renders the latter the "Keeper of the Dishonored Dead". Odyn, bound by the laws he enforces on all others, gives Sylvanas the Horn of Helya at the end of the long questline.

Both sides send their giants in Longships to raid the other side's coastal cities.

RAWR.

You know what would make a -marvelous- change to how the Devs implement races as Allied Races? Stagger further content. A few quests about the Nightborn questioning Thalyssra's choice to join the Horde and being exposed to further reasons not to join the Alliance around level 50 or 60, a couple more at 80, before they make their choice. Have these quests given automatically and sprinkle the quests themselves through the Cata zones and such.

Do the same kinda thing for Void Elves, Zandalari, and other character races as they're added and give people a continuing "Racial Story" that helps validate their character identity beyond a few racial abilities and a starting zone. Later, expand that system to do the same for the core races.
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2018-01-10 at 01:59 PM.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Alliance would get Vrykuls then I think Horde should get Kvaldirs it wouldn't be surprising that Sylvanas who won Helya's favor wouldn't recruit the now titan-less Helheim roamers.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-01-10 at 02:42 PM.

Personally I would love to see Razorfen/quillboar for alliance (alliance due to their conflict with the tauren) and Arrakoa for horde