Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Personally we grow vegetables and herbs, so I can see it.
    That's a pain in the ass. After buying the seeds, fertilizer, and paying for the water you have to give them, your time caring for the plants, etc.. You would spend less buying them at a farmers market or frozen in grocery store. Also if you grow your own you have to wash them, peel them, and cut them yourself. Id rather save all the money and headaches and buy frozen steamer bags in a grocery store. They are often 3 bags for 5 bucks, and you get 12 ounces or more per bag

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I just can't with bar soap :/.. Every single bar soap I've tried (EVEN DOVE) makes my skin itchy and red.

The only body wash I've found that I can use that won't turn me into a fucking strawberry is Soft Soap Luminous Oils Body Wash.
    Instead of trying Soft Soap, Suave, or Dial, try using some body washes that actually cost more than 1 dollar per bottle. There are a lot of good ones that shouldn't mess with your skin, like Neutrogena, Aveeno (The one I use since I have horribly dry skin), Molton Brown, or if you're a female, Bath and Body works

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Car parts retailers. Guy wanted 60bucks per interior door handle replacement for my car. Found 4 handles for 10 bucks on Amazon. Wewps.
    Probably a cheap Chinese knockoff brand on Amazon. That's the biggest problem with Millennials. You're perfectly OK with mediocrity and don't think about future costs. You could've bought genuine OEM door handles for a little more, but you chose to buy the el cheapo chincy ones which likely look cheap too. They will break much sooner and you will buy 4 more in a year or so. Over time Youll likely buy 10 or 20 sets of door handles which will cost way more than 1 good set to begin with

why wont millenials do thing

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Commercial growers grow commercial cultivars, which tend toward big yield and appearance. The home grower is free to grow cultivars that focus more on flavour but often at the cost of yield. Yeh, it’s a lot of work to grow your own veg, but well worth it simply because the veg you produce if far superior in flavour than anything you buy from a shop (store) and you know exactly how the plant has been grown in terms of fertiliser and the use of herbicide and pesticide.
    /steps outside.

Oh it's -18C again, and that's the warmest it's been for a couple weeks.

/checks pots on deck.

Oh, they're covered in snow. The green onions usually come back in the spring...

/thinks

Huh, I wonder if I could grow and freeze veg at the same time? No, no belfpala, you're being dumb again.

...but really, for someone like me who has very little growing season and very little space in which to grow, those steamer packs are quite nice. I do keep a few planters of a couple tomato varieties, green onion as mentioned, and I grow some herbs. That's all I have space for. The tomatoes and onion I use right away. The herbs I either use or dry.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Did you have the tools and time to install them?
    Sure did. Took me no time at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Probably a cheap Chinese knockoff brand on Amazon. That's the biggest problem with Millennials. You're perfectly OK with mediocrity and don't think about future costs. You could've bought genuine OEM door handles for a little more, but you chose to buy the el cheapo chincy ones which likely look cheap too. They will break much sooner and you will buy 4 more in a year or so. Over time Youll likely buy 10 or 20 sets of door handles which will cost way more than 1 good set to begin with
    Na, not from China at all, just a different US Vendor. Also literally the same exact handle, from the same model car, just priced differently. It's not a bad thing to shop around.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    That's a pain in the ass. After buying the seeds, fertilizer, and paying for the water you have to give them, your time caring for the plants, etc.. You would spend less buying them at a farmers market or frozen in grocery store. Also if you grow your own you have to wash them, peel them, and cut them yourself. Id rather save all the money and headaches and buy frozen steamer bags in a grocery store. They are often 3 bags for 5 bucks, and you get 12 ounces or more per bag

- - - Updated - - -

Instead of trying Soft Soap, Suave, or Dial, try using some body washes that actually cost more than 1 dollar per bottle. There are a lot of good ones that shouldn't mess with your skin, like Neutrogena, Aveeno (The one I use since I have horribly dry skin), Molton Brown, or if you're a female, Bath and Body works

- - - Updated - - -

SoftSoap isn't $1 per bottle. They're all drug store brands (even the ones you quoted Aveeno etc). They're more $4 ish per bottle... It's not Zest xd

But yeh literally going to get better body wash, just like my hair care products (I use Waterman's - about $15 for 8oz each). Can't stand sulfates, parabens, dyes etc in my hair, it weighs it down and makes it brittle.