https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...lease/ds7aeyq/

Pretty interesting stuff that's been coming out in the last couple days. Sure does explain a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...lease/ds7aeyq/

Pretty interesting stuff that's been coming out in the last couple days. Sure does explain a lot.
    Not really an excuse for the state of the game.

Or why more than 70% of the players since launch have stopped playing. So 4 months and the game is down by over around 3/4 of the launch players?

Bungie have nobody but themselves to blame for it's current state.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-05 at 04:41 PM.

Imho if they want me and pretty much everyone I played with back they need to get rid of the scaling.

It's no simple shooter, it's also supposed to be a RPG. But your character does not really improve. You get that super weapon that is 15 powerlevels higher - and nothing changes. You need exactly the same amount of shots to kill something.

They need to adapt the Diablo 3, m+ and Division concept: Let us manually set the difficulty level (for the world, for strikes, for raids), and each level has a higher chance of getting better rewards. Then gear upgrades would get a meaning, and everyone can choose for himself if he's in the mood for tourist mode or progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Imho if they want me and pretty much everyone I played with back they need to get rid of the scaling.

It's no simple shooter, it's also supposed to be a RPG. But your character does not really improve. You get that super weapon that is 15 powerlevels higher - and nothing changes. You need exactly the same amount of shots to kill something.

They need to adapt the Diablo 3, m+ and Division concept: Let us manually set the difficulty level (for the world, for strikes, for raids), and each level has a higher chance of getting better rewards. Then gear upgrades would get a meaning, and everyone can choose for himself if he's in the mood for tourist mode or progression.
    I'm with you. Combining Destiny's gameplay with something like The Division or Diablo's 3 reward/scaling system would basically be the ultimate RPG FPS.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Long as it wasnt like d3 loot system like for like.

You want set bonuses in destiny as well? Basically kills all customization and makes one style of play mandatory. And only a handful of legendaries are actually used by the classes and the rest are just a shard for crafting.

So a bit like D3 but with improvements, sure I could go with that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Long as it wasnt like d3 loot system like for like.

You want set bonuses in destiny as well? Basically kills all customization and makes one style of play mandatory. And only a handful of legendaries are actually used by the classes and the rest are just a shard for crafting.

So a bit like D3 but with improvements, sure I could go with that
    I really liked the Destiny 1 Raid Sets. I'd be ok with things like that rather than literal gear sets that revolve around a class or ability. Just something like, Take less damage when in Light Pools (just using that as a name for the platforms on Calus) Or something like, increased movement speed when carrying the Vex Cranium in the new Raid Lair.

I also feel like they should add Crucible Gear Sets. Such as increased movement speed after killing another player. Or Increased defense while capturing a Zone in Control.

It doesn't have to be super powerful, just something to work towards that feels unique, rather than all armor having the same 3 stats and 1 Mod slot that hardly has any additional effect.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I wasn't trying to excuse them?

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I wasn't trying to excuse them?
    Nor did I say you were. Just meant in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Or why more than 70% of the players since launch have stopped playing. So 4 months and the game is down by over around 3/4 of the launch players?

Bungie have nobody but themselves to blame for it's current state.
    In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter anymore. They got their initial sales anything they do after that is bonus chump change.

History repeated itself and they got away with it. again. Because consumers fell for it. Again. And they'll fall for it a 3rd time.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter anymore. They got their initial sales anything they do after that is bonus chump change.
    This isn't true any longer, not for games like Destiny that are a "games as service" and incur plenty of ongoing development costs. They need to maintain a playerbase that will buy DLC and spend on MTX. Failure to do so has caused plenty of problems for games that initially sold well but couldn't maintain their playerbase to continue monetizing them to justify strong ongoing support.

History repeated itself and they got away with it. again. Because consumers fell for it. Again. And they'll fall for it a 3rd time.
    I don't think Destiny 1, while it had plenty of problems, had this kind of player revolt this early on, no?

The bolded was kinda proven false with Destiny 2. It sold a forth of what Destiny 1 did, But those like myself who did buy it said hey you get one more shot. Bungie once again dropped the ball and the community backlash has been swift and hard early on.

Bungie was given one more shot because the game vastly improved with Taken King and Rise of Iron. Now that more information is coming out about Rise of Iron originally being D2 content and how D2 has been handled I really don't expect Bungie to be forgiven a 3rd time.

Will Destiny 3 still sell? Yes and I'm sure whatever DLC comes out after DLC 2 will as well. But that will be by the more "Hardcore" of the fanbase who actually enjoys what game is there. I do not expect Destiny 3 to top Destiny 2 sells at all and Destiny 2 only did a forth of what Destiny 1 did.

Like Edge said Destiny is a "games as a service" game, Bungie and Activison both are feeling the negative effects if its true on how low the player base is. Development and Servers cost money to keep up. If the playerbase bleeds hard enough there will be major change to Destiny.

We have also entered a era where the gaming community is tired of the bullshit the big publisher's are pulling. People are actually starting to speak with there wallets and the lack luster sells of BF2 and Destiny 2 (compared to Destiny 1) show this.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This isn't true any longer, not for games like Destiny that are a "games as service" and incur plenty of ongoing development costs. They need to maintain a playerbase that will buy DLC and spend on MTX. Failure to do so has caused plenty of problems for games that initially sold well but couldn't maintain their playerbase to continue monetizing them to justify strong ongoing support.
    Well we all saw what happened with diablo 3, it looks nothing like it did then because it was so lacklustre brand identity was more important in the longrun. Considering D2 was on more platforms and was either as profitable or less they -like every activision shooter- need those season passes and dlcs to sell. If the brand is seen as 'dont touch this poison' to the degree its affecting all post launch revenue they have to try and combat that.

I've been away for like a month, so can i have a recap of what's happened very fast? I have still to fire up the game and play the Osiris expansion.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I've been away for like a month, so can i have a recap of what's happened very fast? I have still to fire up the game and play the Osiris expansion.
    long story short
    -curse of osiris is a 2 hour campaign that reuses multiple areas and even a whole strike from the base game
    -1 lost sector
    -1 new public event
    -mercury is super tiny and theres not really any reason to go there
    -the seasonal event was less mmo and more mobage event with it heavily skewed around having to buy hundreds of dollars worth of special engrams to get things
    -playerbase has dropped by an estimated 80+%
    -jason schrier who always gets the legitimate bungie leaks writes long story about how D2 was another total rework and mess and microtransactions were bungies idea, not activisions because 'making content every 3 months is too hard'
    -bungie forums in meltdown with literally tens of thousands of #removeeververse threads
    -players did the math and the seasonal engrams rng requires up to 10,000 dollars to get everything in the timeframe of a season
    -bungie is now hiring new leads for all posititions
    -have stated "we need to talk" and then gone dark

thats what i can remember. its kind of FFXIV 1.0/Diablo 3 1.0 but worse.

I don't think Destiny 1, while it had plenty of problems, had this kind of player revolt this early on, no?
    Correct. The backlash/revolt happened WAY earlier this time around, because Bungie didn't even try to hide the fact that they did the same thing again and screwed the playerbase over....again. People were also more forgiving in D1 because Bungie was trying to get the game established and figure out what to do. Now though, people are just pissed at Bungie's arrogance, incompetence, and seemingly uncaring attitude towards its audience. Bungie has shot themselves in the collective foot over and over since D2 launched, and people aren't putting up with it this time around.

- - - Updated - - -

Because consumers fell for it. Again. And they'll fall for it a 3rd time.
    Spoken like someone who probably doesn't know the first thing about D1 and its lifespan.

D1 was actually a GOOD game, especially in year 3 during Rise of Iron and Age of Triumph. Most players agreed that it was Destiny 1's heyday. Most veterans went into D2 expecting Bungie to AT LEAST maintain what they had built up to for over three years. Instead, they completely reverted the game back to likes of Day 1 D1 again and expected all of us to just deal with it. Which, as you have probably noticed, is backfiring in their face big time.

It's not outrageous for people to expect a developer to at least use what they've learned and keep pushing what works forward. Bungie did the opposite of that and decided to start all over from scratch....with lootboxes/microtransactions as the main focus this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It sold a forth of what Destiny 1 did
    Uh, where'd you see this? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    People are mad. Bungie can't stop screwing up. Remove Eververse or riot. Others can do better than I, but that's the mega-short version.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    -bungie is now hiring new leads for all posititions
    Wait, what? Did the previous team leads get fired/quit? When did this happen? >.>
    Last edited by Edge-; 2018-01-06 at 07:55 AM.

Wait, what? Did the previous team leads get fired/quit? When did this happen? >.>
    Theres been no words of firings but they put up job hirings for all the lead designer roles. People are assuming its not D2 related but D3 is another complete reboot mid development again.

Theres been no words of firings but they put up job hirings for all the lead designer roles. People are assuming its not D2 related but D3 is another complete reboot mid development again.
    Well, now shouldn't be "mid-development", but early development for Destiny 3. Game should be passed off to live team. So this would either be them replacing live team leads, or them replacing leads early on for Destiny 3, which is what I'd prefer between the two given that apparently the live team did solid work helping Destiny 1 get back on track after early issues from what I remember reading.

Uh, where'd you see this? >.>
    Mybad it was half and not a forth.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...he-year-so-far
    Destiny 2 is the new UK chart number one and the biggest game launch of 2017 so far - but physical sales were down by more than half compared to the launch of Destiny 1.

Sales numbers leaked to NeoGAF - which Eurogamer understands to be accurate - list Destiny 2 as having sold 175k physical copies during its UK launch week, compared to Destiny 1's total of 417k.
    Based on VGchartz its half across the board compared to Destiny 1 (launch not the expansion bundles). Those numbers like always isn't 100%.

(XboxOne)
    http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/games...50&order=Sales
    (PS4)
    http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/games...50&order=Sales
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-01-06 at 08:30 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

All I know is that if D3 gets rebooted later in development just like D1 and D2 did, then that is a sure fire sign for EVERYONE to steer clear of it. Let Bungie know that their incompetence and indecisions won't be tolerated.