Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I admit that's more wishful thinking on my part. Exploring the origins of humanity would have been something I would have liked to have seen however

Yeah, and the human was tinkered with by the Celestials to carry the X gene that would eventually manifest in mutants. The Kree fiddled with the Celestials' work to unlock that potential in a more controlled manner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    the only way i can say id really be interested in comic thor in movie form is if they did the gob butcher arc first off as its the only real thor story i like other then maybe like siege.

and my name is actually a demon hunter term from divinity original sin i liked how it sounded so seemed like a good name to have.
    I though Desak the Slayer of Gods was a better Thor story involving a disgruntled former worshipper gaining the power to slaughter gods, featuring multiple Thors and time-travellers encountering past versions of themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Wait I thought Captain Marvel was (ironically) a DC hero?
    The DC Captain Marvel is now called Shazam.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Yeah, and the human was tinkered with by the Celestials to carry the X gene that would eventually manifest in mutants. The Kree fiddled with the Celestials' work to unlock that potential in a more controlled manner.

- - - Updated - - -

I though Desak the Slayer of Gods was a better Thor story involving a disgruntled former worshipper gaining the power to slaughter gods, featuring multiple Thors and time-travellers encountering past versions of themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

The DC Captain Marvel is now called Shazam.
    i can't say I've read that story alot of the older thor story's just don't grab me really every thing thor related before dark reign isn't really my cup of tea.

Thor vs Celestials...not much of a fight, since the Celestials are far more powerful than Odin. But damn, Thor did try...hard:
    First Round
    2nd item
    Third item
    Fourth item

i can't say I've read that story alot of the older thor story's just don't grab me really every thing thor related before dark reign isn't really my cup of tea.
    I absolutely love the run that starts from In Search of the Gods and ends with Ragnarok. Absolutely tonnes of god-wars and mythical tomfoolery.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    All the comic book heroes are too ridiculously strong. I remember the idea of some godlike main character being cool when I was a little kid, but now it just seems trite.
    you don't really need to make them exactly strong as the comic version.

just make characters that are stronger than other characters in the comics(let's say Hulk > Iron-Man)that way and not change it in the movies.

- - - Updated - - -

i tried to read ragnarok but i just couldn't bring my self to care about thor. alot of the movies do something the comics don't which is make me enjoy story's based around characters i don't like.
    you should IMO.

comic Thor > MCU Thor

and you should read Gorr The God Butcher arc where Gods are actually a state of being rather than word like it's in MCU.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The trouble is they can't really do comic-Thor justice in a movie because films don't work with lots of narration and exposition and it's difficult to describe Thor's divine mysticism without them.
    they don't really need to explain it.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2018-01-06 at 11:51 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    you don't really need to make them exactly strong as the comic version.

just make characters that are stronger than other characters in the comics(let's say Hulk > Iron-Man)that way and not change it in the movies.

- - - Updated - - -

you should IMO.

comic Thor > MCU Thor

and you should read Gorr The God Butcher arc where Gods are actually a state of being rather than word like it's in MCU.

- - - Updated - - -

they don't really need to explain it.
    The god butcher arc and new fem Thor/Odin son stuff it’s the only Thor story’s I’ve really been able to stand and read. A lot of the story’s around the siege event were some what able to hold my interest but I never really stuck to reading it all.

The god butcher arc and new fem Thor/Odin son stuff it’s the only Thor story’s I’ve really been able to stand and read. A lot of the story’s around the siege event were some what able to hold my interest but I never really stuck to reading it all.
    ugh I hate this new female Thor.

7+ Year Old Account
    ugh I hate this new female Thor.
    I’ve rather liked her in all of her own comics not so much when she shows up in the avgeners though. Just got to where fat man because war Thor which I’m really looking forward to.

I’ve rather liked her in all of her own comics not so much when she shows up in the avgeners though. Just got to where fat man because war Thor which I’m really looking forward to.
    all those fake Thor's suck.

I was hoping when War thor vs Jane happened that Thor will come and show them who is the real Thor.

BUT we are kinda off topic now

anyway, I don't like that CM will be the most powerful superhero but it would be cool to see her, let's say, lifting an entire island or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    all those fake Thor's suck.

I was hoping when War thor vs Jane happened that Thor will come and show them who is the real Thor.

BUT we are kinda off topic now

anyway, I don't like that CM will be the most powerful superhero but it would be cool to see her, let's say, lifting an entire island or something.
    I can’t say I like that she’s the strongest but I’ve never liked her even slightly id much rather they make movies about better hero’s god knows how badly I want a good ghost rider movie.

I can’t say I like that she’s the strongest but I’ve never liked her even slightly id much rather they make movies about better hero’s god knows how badly I want a good ghost rider movie.
    they can make her better than the current comic one.

luckily, Oscar winning actress is playing her.

7+ Year Old Account
    they can make her better than the current comic one.

luckily, Oscar winning actress is playing her.
    That is true, I think the captain America movies are the best of the bunch and I really don’t care for cap as a hero so mabye they can do the same for captain marvel.

That is true, I think the captain America movies are the best of the bunch and I really don’t care for cap as a hero so mabye they can do the same for captain marvel.
    I hope so.

and I wouldn't like CM vs Thor and Hulk combined if it ever comes down to that where she beats them both down.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH, Jane Thor is great as long as Jason Aaron is writing her... Which tbh holds true for ALL of Thor's characters.

War Thor is awesome, the next arc is setting up to be something special. Issue 700 was EXCELLENT.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    TBH, Jane Thor is great as long as Jason Aaron is writing her... Which tbh holds true for ALL of Thor's characters.

War Thor is awesome, the next arc is setting up to be something special. Issue 700 was EXCELLENT.
    I mean it's true for pretty much all comics in general. Some writers just nail a story. Some writers give us really boring tropey comic fare.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I just remembered that Scarlet Johansson said that in Avengers 4, there is a scene where Brie Larson puts up one hand on Hulk's chest.

my wild prediction is that she is gonna fight the Hulk and stop him with one hand because she will just met them and they will probably see her as enemy or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I mean it's true for pretty much all comics in general. Some writers just nail a story. Some writers give us really boring tropey comic fare.
    Very true. People talk about following characters... I think it's a far better idea to follow writers. I love Thor, but I've read some AWFUL stories with him, when he's given to a less than great writer.

I'd rather read a hero I don't know, written by someone I know is good, than a hero I love written by someone that sucks.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather read a hero I don't know, written by someone I know is good, than a hero I love written by someone that sucks.
    Yep, and personally I think a lot of heroes would be better served by shorter runs, ending them, bringing in new series, giving them a fair run (12 issues-ish) and then bringing back classics as they come up with good ideas for it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yep, and personally I think a lot of heroes would be better served by shorter runs, ending them, bringing in new series, giving them a fair run (12 issues-ish) and then bringing back classics as they come up with good ideas for it.
    Indeed. There's nothing wrong with taking a short break. For instance: If Jason Aaron ever stepped down from Thor, I think it would be a good idea to let his solo run rest for a year or so, maybe give Sif/Loki/Angela/The Warriors Three a chance to shine, before bringing him back to the fore.

Indeed. There's nothing wrong with taking a short break. For instance: If Jason Aaron ever stepped down from Thor, I think it would be a good idea to let his solo run rest for a year or so, maybe give Sif/Loki/Angela/The Warriors Three a chance to shine, before bringing him back to the fore.
    Angela was ruined a lot IMO.