*My reply will contain spoilers.*

The special effects were good, but the plot of this movie was very disappointing.

There are numerous problems with the film, but here are my top 3 gripes:

1) "Diversity>Talent" was the motto when it came to actors and character development in this movie.
    2) Considering Snoke was powerful enough to incapacitate Rey and levitate her using the force with little effort, he would have been more than capable of sensing the betrayal from Kylo Ren. It makes zero sense he did not sense the impending danger.
    3) How Luke Skywalker was able to meditate & use the force to project his image to a far away battle and actually interact physically with Kylo Ren makes little sense.

I got my movie ticket for AU$13 so I felt the special effects covered that amount, but in terms of story the movie was really weak.
    Last edited by Intuitive; 2018-01-07 at 11:18 AM.

Usually i enjoy space battles, but every single time in this movie i nearly got angry how illogical the fights were. "Afk star destroyers, hyperdrive only when it's convenient, outrunning the weapon range (big LOL) without the empire do anything to easily counteract it. Also if the hyperdrive attack is so powerful..why do you even use lasers instead of building cheap rams that oneshot every big ship, and the list goes on. The whole rebel chase was just plain stupid.

Everyone is calling the Falcon old garbage, but where are newer designs that are superior?!

I also had to watch it with german dub and let me tell you.. for most of the time i thought the dialogues were something fanmade or scyfy channel quality.
    Sadly there wasn't one single moment i genuinely enjoyed a scene of this movie. Fucking Kylo was the most likeable character this time!

Quote Originally Posted by Intuitive View Post
    1) "Diversity>Talent" was the motto when it came to actors and character development in this movie.
    You know what, I'm kind of sick of this weaksauce complaint.

Star Wars has aliens of all shapes and sizes tripping over themselves to be on screen. Do you seriously take issue with the existence of some non-white people in this same film universe?

I mean if you want to sound racist, a good way to start is to complain about diversity in Star Wars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The Skywalkers are the exception, not the rule. Jedi's having been making babies for at least 1000 years. Wouldnt most of the Jedi come from force-sensitives if that was the case?
    erm, no... Jedis do not have relationships so they don't make babies... Anakin was the exception because he started his training too late and they couldn't indoctrinate him like they usually do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    erm, no... Jedis do not have relationships so they don't make babies... Anakin was the exception because he started his training too late and they couldn't indoctrinate him like they usually do.
    I meant havent. But it looked my mistake helped to illustrate the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Intuitive View Post
    *My reply will contain spoilers.*

The special effects were good, but the plot of this movie was very disappointing.

There are numerous problems with the film, but here are my top 3 gripes:

2) Considering Snoke was powerful enough to incapacitate Rey and levitate her using the force with little effort, he would have been more than capable of sensing the betrayal from Kylo Ren. It makes zero sense he did not sense the impending danger.
    3) How Luke Skywalker was able to meditate & use the force to project his image to a far away battle and actually interact physically with Kylo Ren makes little sense.

I got my movie ticket for AU$13 so I felt the special effects covered that amount, but in terms of story the movie was really weak.
    Why do people keep taking Kylo for a chump. Kylo is Vader's heir. He freezes blaster bolts. He can comb through a person's thoughts and dreams on some Matrix type stuff. He has his own space biker bang. He nearly killed Luke as a kid. He has been doing his thing for quite some time.

Snoke should've respected what Kylo is capable of.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Its like catholic priests, normaly they do not sire childern but some do, and you can have a "family tree" of catholic priests then the nephews carry one the line.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Its like catholic priests, normaly they do not sire childern but some do, and you can have a "family tree" of catholic priests then the nephews carry one the line.
    Nope. A jedi who has kids - is no longer a jedi, they get exiled from the order.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account

The Last Jedi Sucked

The entire thing felt very corporatized. I sort of felt Disney's out stretched corporate hand waiting for its $9.00 in exchange for some CGI explosions and action, and even then it seemed like they tried to cut costs on those to increase their profit margins. The pace was fast and the story arc felt undeveloped and even butchered.

Star Wars has basically been reduced to pretty special effects and explosions and that is about it.

Just one more reminder that nothing is sacred to corporations, not even Star Wars. Everything is just a means to profit.

Disney ruined Star wars for me.

So edgy, much impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Relax, Star Wars always was and always will be shit.

I saw Rogue 1 so I know that the original trilogy sucked, that the prequels sucked and probably any SW move to come next will suck.

Deleted
    Every time someone complains about poe's "prank call" I'm reminded of han's conversation over the death star comm in a new hope which was just as silly and comedic.

It really shows what selective memories some people have when they complain about stuff that was always present in star wars.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    So edgy, much impressed.
    Not trying to be edgy at all. Just stating exactly how I feel.

I liek it because it got 1 of each race and color in the movie. All inclusive!

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    The entire thing felt very corporatized. I sort of felt Disney's out stretched corporate hand waiting for its $9.00 in exchange for some CGI explosions and action, and even then it seemed like they tried to cut costs on those to increase their profit margins. The pace was fast and the story arc felt undeveloped and even butchered.

Star Wars has basically been reduced to pretty special effects and explosions and that is about it.

Just one more reminder that nothing is sacred to corporations, not even Star Wars. Everything is just a means to profit.

Disney ruined Star wars for me.
    Already a thread for this, but thanks for sharing.

I imagine you can still watch the SW movies you like and they are not, in fact, ruined because you disliked TLJ. Give it a try.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Poe's prank call was priceless.

It was at the beginning of the movie and everything was serious and Star Warsy up to that moment, Hux's speech was serious and everyone was expecting Poe to react to it in a serious matter, but then it turned into a prank - everyone in the theater was laughing. And then again and again each time Poe ignored Hux's monologues.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I didn't want it to be clogged up in that thread circle jerk. I wanted movie analysis and large overview because this is a movie board not a Star Wars larping board.

10+ Year Old Account
    They even managed to make the Republic look like filthy communists. The first order is obviously capitalism realized lol, picturing them in the worst of lights.

Bunch of red demons I say, what a disgrace to Star Wars. Completely agree with you mate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Already a thread for this, but thanks for sharing.

I imagine you can still watch the SW movies you like and they are not, in fact, ruined because you disliked TLJ. Give it a try.
    Anything before Disney bought it out and turned it into a Avengers explosions and CGI copy and paste but with a Star Wars face.