Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    A campaign to change the law? not my fault you lack imagination.
    Already tried several times but money equals speech not my fault you are not informed.

A campaign to change the law? not my fault you lack imagination.
    Sigh....Do you even have a point or do you just want to badger people who dont want to be at the whim of giant ISPs

Money changes laws, who do you think has all the money? Comcast Or Granny Smiths Internet start up company

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Sigh....Do you even have a point or do you just want to badger people who dont want to be at the whim of giant ISPs

Money changes laws, who do you think has all the money? Comcast Or Granny Smiths Internet start up company
    I don't want you to be at the whim of ISP's either. I was simply pointing out how the issue of Net Neutrality ended up fracturing along partisan lines. Some wish it hadn't but it seems like nobody can just honestly own up to the fact that the crusade of deplatforming likely disincentivized the political right to rise to the defense of the Internet that from their perspective wasn't an open and free internet.

The point being, the Lefties tried to drive them to the wilderness or drive them off the web entirely, and when the internet needed a united front, there was no longer the trust to form the solidarity necessary to defend it.

People seems to want to quibble with that or hide from that but that is my take on why its a partisan issue now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Already tried several times but money equals speech not my fault you are not informed.
    Yes, money equals speech and power. Now you are getting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I don't want you to be at the whim of ISP's either. I was simply pointing out how the issue of Net Neutrality ended up fracturing along partisan lines. Some wish it hadn't but it seems like nobody can just honestly own up to the fact that the crusade of deplatforming likely disincentivized the political right to rise to the defense of the Internet that from their perspective wasn't an open and free internet.

The point being, the Lefties tried to drive them to the wilderness or drive them off the web entirely, and when the internet needed a united front, there was no longer the trust to form the solidarity necessary to defend it.

People seems to want to quibble with that or hide from that but that is my take on why its a partisan issue now.
    It's only partisan for the alt right which I honestly could care less about since they don't represent conservative values.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's only partisan for the alt right which I honestly could care less about since they don't represent conservative values.
    Considering Alt-Right more or less could be anyone on the Right that runs afoul of the Left, I don't even take the accusation seriously. But if you accept no-platforming crusades against political enemies you should not expect those enemies to come to your aid when there is a bigger fish to fry.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Considering Alt-Right more or less could be anyone on the Right that runs afoul of the Left, I don't even take the accusation seriously. But if you accept no-platforming crusades against political enemies you should not expect those enemies to come to your aid when there is a bigger fish to fry.
    No the right has value, moral standards and principles the alt right only has two imperatives whatever pisses off the left and their blind devotion to Trump. I could care less about that part of the political spectrum because they are the only ones who are angry because they feel that hate speech is being "censored" on those platforms.

When did I accuse you of being alt right? or are you coming out as one of them?
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2018-01-07 at 10:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    No the right has value, moral standards and principles the alt right only has two imperatives whatever pisses off the left and their blind devotion to Trump. I could care less about that part of the political spectrum because they are the only ones who are angry because they feel that hate speech is being "censored" on those platforms.

When did I accuse you of being alt right? or are you coming out as one of them?
    I suspect in your view it is only good when in effect docile and in conformity with Left wing views and prepared to concede on every position. Which isn't really saying much.

I really dont understand why paying more for a worse service has to be a politics issue where you have to sit on one side of the fence.

What if I agree with different things on both sides and I dont want to be associated with any side I just want to save money on my internet bill and not have it cut up like a cable TV company selling me cable packages

Yes, money equals speech and power. Now you are getting it.
    The FCC is an independent agency, and is therefore not beholden to the public opinion. That's why this is so screwed up. Many polls done in December showed that over 80% of the population were opposed to the decision to abolish the regulation and were therefore in favor of keeping it in place. OVER 80%. If you don't count that as solidarity, I'm not sure what to say.

This turned into a political issue the second Ajit Pai, an obvious corporate stooge, was appointed by Trump...another blatantly obvious corporate minded individual. IMO this was never a Left vs Right political issue given that people on both sides were opposed to it, it was a corporations vs public (which admittedly, is generally rooted in politics).

I suspect in your view it is only good when in effect docile and in conformity with Left wing views and prepared to concede on every position. Which isn't really saying much.
    I suspect in your view it is only good when in effect racist and in conformity with alt right views and prepared to concede on every position. Which isn't really saying much.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really dont understand why paying more for a worse service has to be a politics issue where you have to sit on one side of the fence.

What if I agree with different things on both sides and I dont want to be associated with any side I just want to save money on my internet bill and not have it cut up like a cable TV company selling me cable packages
    It doesn't, and it shouldn't have been. But I fully understand the mechanics that put us here.

I hate to break this down for you guys and girls but two things,

Trump will win his reelection. You have nothing in either party that can stand up to his image.

The day of entitlements are over. It's time to get a job or join the military. Free ride is over.

Infracted - Minor Spam
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2018-01-08 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post

Trump will win his reelection. You have nothing in either party that can stand up to his image.

The day of entitlements are over. It's time to get a job or join the military. Free ride is over.
    Cant believe these are actually real people and their real thoughts.

Im stunned at where the world is heading.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky502 View Post
    Ok, way to spout off BS. Apparently you did not even read the article that you listed. What it states is that they are looking at introducing a new lower tier 10/1 vs the standard 25/1 that is currently in place. I fail to see how that is the end of the world. Unless they are going to force that new tier down everyone's throat, or change pricing based off of the proposal...please explain how it is a bad thing? Remember, not everyone needs or wants to pay for 25/1. Think of your grandparents who only do email and basic browsing. If all the need is 10...then why be forced into 25. Again...a bullshit link and a bullshit post meant only to garner more discontent.
    Both sets of my grandparents use streaming daily, and their phones. One is in their early nineties the other mid seventies. Stop acting like the isps are doing this for some noble reason.

Where was the free ride again?

You are so fucking ignorant.. huge numbers of homeless and mistreated veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Where was the free ride again?

You are so fucking ignorant.. huge numbers of homeless and mistreated veterans.
    I relate a lot of our problems to things in real life. Kinda like bears. We steal their homes and build our subdivisions and people argue how cruel we are while reinforcing the need to destroy more habitats with their purchases. Like people with work, we can get the bears back to the remaining forest. The problem is when the bleeding hearts on both party sides think they are doing people a favor by feeding the bears.

What blows my mind is how you won't see the relation or how feeding the hopeless creates a bigger problem than what we started with. The world will be fine, never as bad as you hope or as good as it could be. It'll be something in the middle. Just try not to get mauled by a bear.

I relate a lot of our problems to things in real life. Kinda like bears. We steal their homes and build our subdivisions and people argue how cruel we are while reinforcing the need to destroy more habitats with their purchases. Like people with work, we can get the bears back to the remaining forest. The problem is when the bleeding hearts on both party sides think they are doing people a favor by feeding the bears.

What blows my mind is how you won't see the relation or how feeding the hopeless creates a bigger problem than what we started with. The world will be fine, never as bad as you hope or as good as it could be. It'll be something in the middle. Just try not to get mauled by a bear.
    Dude you are straight tripping randomly talking about bears.

And you are forgetting there is a large amount of mentally/phyiscally sick people that need extra help. And if we didnt then you can start seeing an increase in crime/theft so it helps everyone to help the downtrodden.

Talking about bears though WTF

Dude you are straight tripping randomly talking about bears.

And you are forgetting there is a large amount of mentally/phyiscally sick people that need extra help. And if we didnt then you can start seeing an increase in crime/theft so it helps everyone to help the downtrodden.

Talking about bears though WTF
    He is a child, demonstrating monumental levels of ignorance to how social infrastructure works and how it benefits society. I wouldn't even know where to begin to start educating someone like this.

Just remember, it's easier to destroy a program by cutting it's funding than it is to debate logic and pass laws.

Do you have any idea how massive this tax cut really is?

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    What happened in your opinion? Did you read the article? Can you at least read it now, maybe? *What* is supposed to be a wakeup call?
    They're proposing to lower the standard for the classification of "broadband" for wireless technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.