Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    DLC is the way of the past to get 5x more money for one product, by releasing it half-finished, then releasing DLCs that should have been there in the first place. Gamers are noticing the greed and are falling for it less and less.
    You have just described how EA is doing it. I bring ArenaNet as a counter-example; in Guild Wars 2, you can pay through your nose for cosmetic or tools that make the game easier, but the content is there, it is finished, polished, and entirely playable without paying extra. Considering I see players in purchased appearances more often than not, it seems to work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    what are store mounts
    Store mounts do not impact gameplay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    No. You pay your sub fee to be able to access the servers as Blizzard presents them to you. And the xpac box price lets you play the newest content when it comes out, instead of in 4+ years when it's made a free part of the baseline game. It's amazing how many people don't know what the sub is for.
    Kinda..you know the rest of the Blizz games does not have subscription and still have access to the servers..plus trial accounts have access to the servers and yet, no subscription...

You pay for the GAME including every fucking mount and pet which supposed to be ingame instead of shop...so putting anything as dlc is beyond ridicolous. With

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    As dirty as it makes me feel, I 100% agree with Jaylock and other on this topic.

Optional is optional.

I really don't understand why it upsets people so much to have paid store content? Just don't buy it - It in no way affects the power of your character or experience playing the game. But others enjoy it, and that's cool.

Personally, I would buy any and all paid sub races, whether I would play them or not.
    It`s kinda false logic...like if a restaurant asking charge for cutlery, napkins and toilet usage...it`s optional you know, you can eat without them, but still....it is supposed to be part of the whole price...

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    So I keep seeing people ask for "i would like race X to be playable". Whether the actual race makes sense or not. I'm sure blizz can see it too. Then I had a feeling that blizz has a pretty good chance to start selling random playable race unlocks from the store. I felt a little cold shudder as I thought about it. It makes too much sense. Do you think blizz would do such a thing?

Would you pay for such races?

Personally only, if the said race is a cool race.
    Go fuck yourself.
    That is literally EA games business model.
    A paywall behind a paywall with possibility of additional optional charges.

People still lack reading comprehension. I never asked for these. I simply asked what people would do, if blizz did add these. I see lots of posts "it would be cool if we had race X !" Tons of people asking for a random race they would prefer. Blizz sees these. They saw all the classic complaining and caved in. They said that there would never be demon hunter class. Lots of things that people kept patiently asking for, blizz eventually gave.

The question, as said, is still "what would you do, if blizz added them". I didnt ask for them, but lots of people (at least indirectly) are asking for them.
    Last edited by Morae; 2018-01-04 at 10:35 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I wouldn't mind it depending on the pricing. $15-20 would be fine, anything more than that and it would be a blatant cash grab. People here cash store or DLC and instantly think about the worst practices of the industry, but they aren't inherently bad, just abused more than a... well I can't think of anything that wouldn't get me banned to go here so just go with something abused a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Kinda..you know the rest of the Blizz games does not have subscription and still have access to the servers..plus trial accounts have access to the servers and yet, no subscription...

You pay for the GAME including every fucking mount and pet which supposed to be ingame instead of shop...so putting anything as dlc is beyond ridicolous. With

- - - Updated - - -

It`s kinda false logic...like if a restaurant asking charge for cutlery, napkins and toilet usage...it`s optional you know, you can eat without them, but still....it is supposed to be part of the whole price...
    We're not talking about other games, though. Those are B2P or simply connected to Battle.net. You pay your WoW sub to be able to play the full released version of WoW. That's all. Microtransactions are a whole other kettle of fish. It says right in the ToS that you pay the sub to access the servers as is. And it actually flat out says that Blizz is never obligated to add more content. If they choose to put mounts and pets behind a paywall, they are entirely within their rights.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

So you are asking for DLC content in a game where you pay sub fee every month and you also need to buy an expansion pack every 2 years. Interesting logic.

Wonder whats next:
    - Loot boxes which contain transmog gear/mounts
    - Purchasable spell effects
    - Purchasable starting gear sets (you get one for free if you buy a level boost!)
    - New custom emotes, only for 4.99$ each
    - Different type of wings, who doesnt like wings!
    Last edited by Adlian; 2018-01-04 at 10:51 AM.

We are in a period where gamers have a zero tolerance policy for bullshit. Now that the Battlefront 2 story has died down, there's a hole waiting to be filled by the first game developer to fuck up.

Blizzard would have to be out of their mind to introduce paid dlc right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    How is your response any different?

DLC races is not the equivalent of knives and forks. You need knives and forks toy eat (maybe), but DLC races are completely and totally optional and in no way affect your gameplay or player experience if you don't have them - Other than wanting them.

Also, who says they are supposed to be a part of the whole price? Are you the person that determines that?
    Here is something to believe in!