Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hopes for the expansion

Maybe there is a thread for this already, but couldn't find anything. Was wondering what everyone's main hopes are for the next expansion, the small ones or ones that might be unreasonable or impossible.

-Hoping that zuldazar will be a zone similar to suramar, one big city with stories involving city life. Always wanted to have a zone like coruscant in swtor in wow, loved the concept of it.
    -Hoping we get a fair few warfronts rather than just 1 or 2
    -the return of storytelling like suramar or 5.1 pandaria landfall campaign.
    -hope they keep nyalotha for a separate expansion and not just an argus like patch zone

what are a few of your hopes?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope it won't be a never ending grind like Legion. Meaning no AP, random legendaries or a gazillion WQ's.

But more than that, I hope for multi-raid tiers! I think the raids of Legion were okey, but I rather see two raids with 5 bosses each than one with 10. To go between raids, like in Cataclysm and before that, was amazing. To have some change of scenery. I also hope for more non-linear raids.

The ultimate scenario would be:

- Two raids per tier
    - 5/6 bosses in each raid
    - Bosses can be done in ANY order, except last maybe
    - Equal ilvl drops in both, shared tier sets in both
    - Raids open same day of course
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Before the salt miners arrive.

- The ability to play alts without a massive deficit(AP/Legendaries) although the Azerite necklace does indicate some grind will still be present on a per character basis.
    - More options to customer your stats with the removal of set bonuses, opening up almost every slot to multiple choices rather than a fixed 4(6) set items, 2 legendaries and 1 weapon.
    - Some new cosmetic prestige rewards, similar to how we had challenge artifacts and the mythic 15 colours. With artifacts/set items gone we might get the old challenge mode cosmetics back like weapons/armor.
    - Some solid face time for the Blood elf, Tauren and Darkspear factions in the story considering they're the driving factor in gaining our new allies.
    - Fun, replayable content from these Island expeditions that doesn't become obsolete soon after hitting cap and gearing up.

- 3 raids - troll, Azshara, Nzoth(only as setup for Old Gods expansion), opened per patch with the story
    - Azshara and Nzoth instances put in their own zones like Argus/Broken Shore with storyline buildups like Argus
    - 10 bosses per raid with the same curve like Antorus, but much higher difficulty overall on Mythic and a bit lower for the final boss
    - hidden boss phases for Azshara and Nzoth
    - staggered progress just like now, 1 raid per patch, but extend the 77 days rule to perhaps 15 weeks per tier
    - as someone who LOVED MOP scenarios - I hope the island plundering will live up to the expectations
    - new M+ affixes with stuff like KJ darkness phase and trash randomly placed in the dungeon, or Portal dungeons, where you have to beat bosses from rndom dungeons put together in 1 instance run(e.g. you go in, kill some trash, kill boss #1, jump into portal into a part of a new dungeon where you face trash and boss #2, etc.)
    - more World quests with better rewards (long-term goals being better than a rep box)

I hope the new Island expeditions is sorta like m+. Where it keeps changing and its something you can push. Not where you learn all the affixes deal and you outgear it and it becomes a boring zerg. But rather have something that can grow with gear and still be relevant later down the line.

Imagine if m+ only went to 3 and it stopped there. not many would play it at this day. instead they are pushing 25-27's

That Blizzard realizes the Lightforged and Void Elves are a mistake and replace then with better options. That’s my hope.

Aside from the typical ap grinds and that kind of stuff:

- They don't touch feral's current talent combos and rotation. I love I can finally play without being forced to use Savage Roar.
    - They bring destro to its MoP glory.

Pretty much this.

In absence of class specific questlines I hope they at least maintain profession and faction questlines to a degree that encourages alts. I've got all these alts from Legion that I'd hate to abandon out of not needing them to see their individual story content anymore.

I concur with storytelling like Suramar. That zone managed to be unbelievably stunning, with characters I cared about, and that long lasting civil war as we saw the city get phased to a worse and worse state as it escalated. It was the best.

Overall I had very few qualms with Legion, the legendaries being one of them (which we know to be going away) so I mostly hope they maintain the things I loved so much about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I'm hoping they continue throwing insane amounts of gold at us. I enjoy not paying for a sub. (and all the "free" money towards battlenet balance that comes from it)

Deleted
    I'd quite like to see Warfronts have seasons, for lack of a better word.

Every month or so the total wins/losses are fitted up across the entire region and that translates into a meaningful change in the outdoor world zones around where the Warfronts are located.

I think with the HvA theme of the expansion sion it does give some allowance for Blizzard to make small changes to the world depending on player actions which I think would greatly benefit immersion in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I just hope it won't be a never ending grind like Legion. Meaning no AP, random legendaries or a gazillion WQ's.

But more than that, I hope for multi-raid tiers! I think the raids of Legion were okey, but I rather see two raids with 5 bosses each than one with 10. To go between raids, like in Cataclysm and before that, was amazing. To have some change of scenery. I also hope for more non-linear raids.

- Two raids per tier
    i agree with most of the stuff you wrote, except "- Bosses can be done in ANY order, except last maybe" i would extend that to 1st and last boss cant be killed in any order, 2-5 go how you want, and tier are confirmed gone next expac so you can cut that one too, and i agree on the 2 raids with 5-6 bosses unless its a troll raid, if its a troll raid i want 1 raid with 10+ bosses, cuz trolls be amazin mon

- I just hope these warfront island things aren't like the MoP scenarios and I hope you aren't required to do them in order to progress. they seem kinda lame to me.

- no more hella grindy world quest.

- and I know it makes it 90x easier, but I don't like how all gear has either intellect/ strength / agility depending on your spec. if they keep it, it wouldn't ruin it, but it's kinda silly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

thank goodness you have no say in the development of this expansion

- Two raids per tier
    people will simply do the easier one and not care about the other after even first week if lucky, cuz most ppl just watch fatboss and findout tacs already

cool troll lore
    and horde breaking the alliance.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Hoping content doesn't get cut. Also hoping that Lorderon becomes a working city for the alliance after the battle. Instead of it being one of those endless loops. Same for Gilneas, they say the alliance takes control of the EK with the exception of Quel Thalas. I could careless about seeing the Kul Tiras or Zandalar. I'd rather see both continents after the battle for the undercity and see all the changes to the old zones. Stormgarde would be an interesting place to see as well. But I get the feel as if there gonna slack on some stuff only to try and bring players to buy BFA.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited for Kul Tiras. Kinda just like the look of it.

I'm also hoping for the same quality of storytelling that they delivered in Legion. Though some of the lore and storylines were pretty janky, I really enjoyed the delivery of them.
    Last edited by Fixxit the Gnome; 2018-01-10 at 06:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Lore/Story
    No Old God interruptions. Keep them in the background.
    The Silver Covenant is wiped out at Teldrassil, putting an end to Alliance-aligned High Elves and stopping them from ever becoming an Allied race.
    Jaina dies. Horribly.

Gameplay
    Alt friendly from day one.
    Account wide PvP prestige.
    PvP phase only has a exp and honor as incentives and these incentives are gained only from killing players at your level.
    World Quests scaled back to certain areas of a zone and rotating every day instead of spread out across the entire map.
    Emissary is a choice rather than randomly assigned every day.
    Gear can be obtained via currency again like in Cata/MoP
    No Paragon rep, mounts are given at exalted and aren’t gated behind Grindy loot boxes.
    Rewards from world quests are increased once you hit exalted with the faction they’re from, more currency, higher chance to titanforge etc...
    Less gating (But not removed altogether). Content should be there to consume when we want to consume it.
    Nightfallen/5.1 style quests for EVERY reputation. No more bland factions.
    A long, epic faction campaign that spans the entire expansion, focusing on story above all. No busywork quests like in the Class questline. Every quest is important to the lore and narrative. Could be gated behind certain milestones such as faction reputation storylines but not too much. No rewards that aren’t account wide, so you only need to do it on one character per faction.
    More customisation for existing races, such as hair and faces.
    Nightborne get better faces and stop looking so fucking ugly.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-01-10 at 06:48 PM.

- Two raids per tier
    another t11 like tier would be awesome

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Day the "grind" stops, the "nothing to do" whining starts (and actually these whines are more legit - you pay for this game every month after all), which will eventually force Blizz to make another "grind" system. Maybe we should finally break this stupid cycle?

Legion was grindy (for hardcore) during 7.0-7.1, when people spamed Maw of Souls for AP (first paragon system gave huuge % to stats) and legos. It was fixed in 7.2 - if you did your regular stuff, you receive one legos every 1-2 week, also new paragon system don't force you to grind (because AP needed to next level increase exponential, not linear and stat boost is minor), but you always have "something to do".

BfA changes are: no random legos (I wonder what if anything will fill this void - probably paragon mounts will be enough), Azurite will be for class, not spec, also AK will reduce requirements for next level, not increase our gain (so we won't obtain billions of Azurite near end of expac, but requirements still can go exponential). I don't know what paragon will look like, maybe just higher item level gear will require higher level of Heart.

- Two raids per tier
    - Raids open same day of course.
    And this is just nostalgia talking. Check your facts:

1) Cata : 1 tier - 3 raids - 6+5+2= 13 bosses (or hell, even if you count Baradin Hold, it have total 16 bosses)
    2 tier - 1 raid - 7 bosses
    3 tier - 1 raid - 8 bosses
    total: 28 bosses (or 31)

2) Legion: 1 tier - 3 raids 7+3+10= 20 bosses (of course it was more stretched, but it have 20 bosses, so it's good decision to split it up)
    2 tier - 1 raid - 9 bosses
    3 tier - 1 raid - 11 bosses
    total: 40 bosses

Anyone want go back to "good old" Cata times?