Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I miss my school days...

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    For me it's other way around. Full time work is cake walk compared to 20 different subjects you have to learn in short amount of time. At work, I am working just one field. Actually, have you finished anything beyond mid school?

- - - Updated - - -

If you were learning 'casually' no wonder job is hard for you because you can't take serious anything and school should be taken seriously.
    Yes I have Masters in Architecture. Was easily the best period od my life and enjoyable doing the course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    School is a fucking cake walk compared to full time work.
    It depends, i found school/college/uni relatively easy, but i hated having to do work at home, i like that with my job now i finish work and then my evenings are my own.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    What'd you do on your year off?
    First semester was because I was supposed to be moving out of area but ended up not doing so. The second semester was for medical reasons that have since been taken care of.

When I started going back to school a few years ago I was working full time and going to school full time. I got burned out because of my major so I quit working and stayed in school full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I would echo that somewhat though. If you dread college either because it is too difficult or too boring, it is not meant for you. College also started garnering a reputation for that after many people who didn't belong there (which is most people) started attending so they could get a higher paying job afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

I was a philosophy major and it was also relatively easy. I would call it a waste of time because what I do now has nothing to do with philosophy but I needed a degree like most people.

Many people I knew who did STEM degrees did not belong in those programs and ended up wasting a few years of their lives and tens of thousands of dollars because they ended up changing majors half way through.
    My major is nursing & you can't simply start working as a nurse without going to school so you can get your license.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Whoever is saying school is tough just doesn't have the self discipline to give 2-4 hours of studying per day. I got my electrical and computer engineering degree 2 months ago, so, for this reply, I get to talk like I am the one who has a little experience. Honestly, I really don't get why everyone complains. It seriously takes the least amount of discipline to achieve things like that. Just sit your ass down for 2-4 hours every day, and the rest of the day you can tumble around on your floor or outside. But those studying hours have to be efficient. You have to put targets for those hours and the end of each day. For example, at the end of the day you write down for the next day "Study and make notes for chapters 3 and 4", or "do parts a and b for this project", and that will be your goal for the next day, and you should be really trying to make it. Put realistic goals, though. Don't say "finish all my degree" as your next day's goal.

But yea, toughen up while it's easy, or you are going to have a hard time later on. Make a studying program and stick to it, it can only do you good.
    My of my classes from here on out are science classes before I start the nursing major classes. Each of the science classes have 2-3 hours of homework nightly that are independent of each other in addition to the actual time in the classroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Lol quit your bitching

I just finished a fire academy which was mon - fri. 4 am wake up, get back home at 7:30, sleep by 9 and repeat that for 4 months.

You seriously don't know how easy even a full time college schedule is
    Funny how the nursing program is MWF 6am-3pm then you have in the class instruction TTh 8-5 with homework due every day in addition to any studying for tests or memorizing terms. And it lasts for 2 years not just 4 months. Maybe you should quit YOUR bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Work is way better. You actually have money and when you're done for the day, you're actually done. No homework and assignments.
    Not in every job you aren't done for the day. Try some IT fields where you are on call 24/7 365 days a year.....

10+ Year Old Account
    When you start working full time for a few years and get settled into a career you will long wish for the college days back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Work is way better. You actually have money and when you're done for the day, you're actually done. No homework and assignments.
    I wish this were true

Very much depends. Some schools are certainly more taxing than even a full time job, but it depends on what the schooling is and what the job you're comparing is.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Youre a genius, youre understating the amount of studying you did or your program didnt you guys nearly enough work.
    Understating? I also worked PT at a paid job 1-2 days per week, worked on campus as a graduate assistant in the academic testing center 2 days a week and did an internship 16 hours per week in HR. On top of that I am married and own a house so I had things to like cleaning, shopping, etc etc. I had no time to spend hours per day studying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man Uni days were awesome now that I work I really wish for those days back.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to some people on here I'm 12 so this means that today was the first day of school for me.