Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    There are plenty of well designed affixes that doesn't force players to stop playing. Sorry you don't know a single thing about game design, maybe you should work for Blizzard you would fit in well there.
    It doesn't "stop people from playing". It makes them play around it, by timing their actions (kills) and expending resources (mana and cds). It's ok if you prefer brainless whackamole gameplay, but your preference for lighthearted zergfest fun does not automatically good game design make.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    I'm not very fond of it, myself, either though we did it with a group of older dps--probably the one time in WoW play where a group of older dps is better than the kids.
    No one played slow for fun back then, we were just forced to do that because of mana mostly but once you reached a point where your healer could manage his mana without drinking much people instantly started to drop mana-intense dps classes for literally anything else to just go faster. This game is already full of time wasting design decisions, if only dungeons are left for being known as the place to play fast then let it be.

Bursting is easy. You just have to kill mobs spaced apart and not kill all 5-10 mobs at the same time; It's not hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    It doesn't "stop people from playing". It makes them play around it, by timing their actions (kills) and expending resources (mana and cds). It's ok if you prefer brainless whackamole gameplay, but your preference for lighthearted zergfest fun does not automatically good game design make.
    Nothing brainless in timing your second pull while you kite a bunch of raging mobs from the previous pull or plan the positioning of sanguine or weave in target switching for explosive. There are plenty of affixes that make people think more, strategize more and play better instead of simply waiting doing nothing like with Bursting. The affix is shit and it's a fact you need to face.

I especially love DHT with Bursting. "Oh, there are oozes? Well, it turns out I'm an affliction warlock, so why don't I put some dots on this one... and that... and also seed! Hey, guys, what are you doing on the ground, timer's ticking!".
    DHT+4 a single Butchery into the oozes means friendly fire. Not telling how I know that ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Bursting is easy. How difficult is it to 'hold dps'? Explosive, now there is one I hate.
    It is impossible to hold dps for some specs. I play affliction and it's not possible to turn off soulflame. So I can either not contribute to kills at all on certain pulls or I can kill one mob and have it chain blow up the other 10 and just pray the healer can keep the rest of the team up. A number of dungeons have unsplittable large packs that make the mechanic shit. So stupid when the hardest pulls are for meaningless trash.

Most people I've seen who have a hard time with explosive 1) suck at switching targets somehow and 2) don't understand that there are many times you have to kill low HP adds to keep the extra orbs from spawning. Even on affliction explosive is easy to deal with and it's total cake for melee, boomkin, hunters, etc.

Explosive is far worse.

Deleted
    Nothing brainless in timing your second pull while you kite a bunch of raging mobs from the previous pull or plan the positioning of sanguine or weave in target switching for explosive. There are plenty of affixes that make people think more, strategize more and play better instead of simply waiting doing nothing like with Bursting. The affix is shit .
    If you're "waiting doing nothing" it means your tank and/or healer needs to be talked with. There is a multitude of ways to deal with bursting. Pull pack A, whittle, chainpull pack B, pack A dies, pack B dies right as the debuff from A falls off. Pop cds to overheal when something dies too quickly and the debuff starts inching into dangerous levels. Use personals. Use healthstones. It's a L2P issue and it's a fact you need to face.

I actually dont find bursting to be that bad, and I'm a healer. Yes, sometimes pugs just kill everybody by doing stupid things (for example, staggering the kills of mobs to be about 3 seconds apart so you have a constant bursting dot on you for like 20 seconds that does ever increasing damage), but in general it's not that bad to deal with if people use even the tiniest bit of common sense.

It's a L2P issue and it's a fact you need to face.
    Learning to play would imply that people don't understand the mechanic and can't deal with it. But that's not the case. We just think it's a shit mechanic compared to all the others.

Nice job trying to channel your inner Steve Jobs, but at least he was making money off his bullshit.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I actually dont find bursting to be that bad, and I'm a healer.
    Agreed; I hate grievous far more, and the only challenging thing about this week was melee getting one shot from skittish.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its worse when instead of killing a pack together, dps decide to stagger the deaths so when theres 1 second left of the duration, it gets refreshed and a stack increases. Glad I didn't need to pug it this week.

If you're "waiting doing nothing" it means your tank and/or healer needs to be talked with. There is a multitude of ways to deal with bursting. Pull pack A, whittle, chainpull pack B, pack A dies, pack B dies right as the debuff from A falls off. Pop cds to overheal when something dies too quickly and the debuff starts inching into dangerous levels. Use personals. Use healthstones. It's a L2P issue and it's a fact you need to face.
    Never said it was even remotely hard to deal with in any way shape or form. It only forces stupid shit that no one enjoys doing, including slowing down. Necrotic was changed for the very same reason, forcing people to slow down in a game mode that promotes going fast.

It is factually a badly designed affix, no matter how much effort you put into making sure everybody knows how wrong you are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Learning to play would imply that people don't understand the mechanic and can't deal with it. But that's not the case. We just think it's a shit mechanic compared to all the others.
    The guy I was responding to clearly doesn't and can't, "waiting doing nothing" were his exact words, not mine.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never said it was even remotely hard to deal with in any way shape or form. It only forces stupid shit that no one enjoys doing, including slowing down. Necrotic was changed for the very same reason, forcing people to slow down in a game mode that promotes going fast.

It is factually a badly designed affix, no matter how much effort you put into making sure everybody knows how wrong you are.
    He just explained how you don't have to slow down, though. I would even point out that as a Disc priest, when you stop chain pulling for bursting it actually makes it harder for healing the debuff in between. Most healers can easily handle 6-8 stacks and the debuff itself is rather short.

As an edit, this is obviously an opinion thread and I'm not trying to say yours in wrong. I'm sure most of us all have different weeks we like or dislike more than others.
    Last edited by Nurasu; 2018-01-09 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    He just explained how you don't have to slow down, though. I would even point out that as a Disc priest, when you stop chain pulling for bursting it actually makes it harder for healing the debuff in between. Most healers can easily handle 6-8 stacks and the debuff itself is rather short.
    We don't all play in +7.

As a Brewmaster I really hate tyrannical/grievous on higher keys. High boss damage + stagger + grievous is not a fun combo.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Just. This.

Explosive and tyrannical-weeks in general are much worse imo

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    We don't all play in +7.
    I forgot 10% of your max health is different depending on difficulty. Oh wait, it's not.