Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ben Shapiro 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    So the names getting dropped for President are people like Oprah and the Rock? My biggest fear of Trump all along is that he would destroy the traditions and values we were still barely clinging to before, that the Trump path to the White House is the path from now forward.

BEING ON TV A LOT IS NOT A GOOD QUALIFICATION FOR PRESIDENT! Seriously, voters need to stop being idiots and elect someone that would actually be good at the job. Both of those people are better human beings than Trump, but not one bit more qualified.

Oprah doesn't need nuclear weapons. There is a sentence I never though I would have to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oprah has does a lot more for people and has manned better boards than Trump, thats for sure, but really don't want to see any more celebrity presidents.

She'd probably make for a good cabinet member.

She would definitely win though.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2018-01-09 at 10:31 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Do I get a free car?

10+ Year Old Account
    I did an informal survey of this on my FB and even my most liberal friends weren't sold on this idea.

The consensus is:
    1) She's a solid businesswoman.
    2) She seems to be a decent person.
    3) Trump lowering the bar so low is the only reason this is even being considered.

Everyone would prefer someone with relevant experience. But would take Oprah over Trump if those were the only two options. I didn't ask how The Rock would rank in the pack.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oprah telling us that whole generations of people, aka old people, just need to die.
    Good campaign commercial right here.

Fuck those old people right? They are all racist anyways, good riddance. Now go vote for Oprah old people, because she needs your vote. Die after.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I did an informal survey of this on my FB and even my most liberal friends weren't sold on this idea.

The consensus is:
    3) Trump lowering the bar so low is the only reason this is even being considered.

Everyone would prefer someone with relevant experience. But would take Oprah over Trump if those were the only two options. I didn't ask how The Rock would rank in the pack.
    If Trump and X are the only two options, where X= Non-Trump object, sentient or otherwise, I would generally prefer X (Offer not valid for Roy Moore or Steve Bannon). That isn't really a sign that something or someone is actually a good candidate for president.

Floyd Mayweather is probably about the bottom end of people I would support over Trump. If you get anyone worse then that then I just lose all hope for the country and move to Canada.

Seriously, lets get an actual serious candidate, but it is still two years off, the serious candidates won't announce until early-mid 2019.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope need a strong unapologetic Liberal Democrat, who’s willing to go at Trumps throat. And follow up on over turning all his policy’s.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Another celebrity instead of someone who has experience in politics

While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Oprah telling us that whole generations of people, aka old people, just need to die.
    Good campaign commercial right here.

Fuck those old people right? They are all racist anyways, good riddance. Now go vote for Oprah old people, because she needs your vote. Die after.
    Welp, like it or not she's not wrong. The elimination of certain societal issues will require the generation in which that is fundamentally ingrained into their psyche to no longer be around.

But if it makes you feel better to twist what she said into some sort of genocidal statement then knock yourself out. But no one believes that's what she meant. Not even you.

I forsee President Kanye telling Oprah that he's gonna let her finish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Welp, like it or not she's not wrong. The elimination of certain societal issues will require the generation in which that is fundamentally ingrained into their psyche to no longer be around.

But if it makes you feel better to twist what she said into some sort of genocidal statement then knock yourself out. But no one believes that's what she meant. Not even you.
    We have minorities in the US that are just as racist, should we just paint their whole generation as racist and wish them dead too?

10+ Year Old Account
    We have minorities in the US that are just as racist, should we just paint their whole generation as racist and wish them dead too?
    Yes, the struggles of being oppressed by a minority. There are not as many of them as us, but they are ferocious.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, the struggles of being oppressed by a minority. There are not as many of them as us, but they are ferocious.
    Won't someone think of the white people
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not playing this game. It's obvious what Oprah meant and your attempts to twist it around show more about your agenda than anything.

The consensus is:

Everyone would prefer someone with relevant experience. But would take Oprah over Trump if those were the only two options.
    That's more or less where my feelings on the matter lie as well.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not playing this game. It's obvious what Oprah meant and your attempts to twist it around show more about your agenda than anything.
    I am not twisting anything, she painted generations of people as racist and wanted them to die off so racism would somehow go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not twisting anything
    Uh huh. And I have a bridge to sell ya real cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Won't someone think of the white people
    My deepest appreciation, fellow sir.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not twisting anything, she painted generations of people as racist and wanted them to die off so racism would somehow go away.
    Uhm... what is wrong with people living full lives and dying? He didn’t say murder...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Nope nope nope. Do not like this idea at all.