Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    not true its up at least every second day if not faster.

- - - Updated - - -

no its not as you can get 4 of the 6 in the prepatch - IF you do the content.
    Like I said, I don't log in on a fixed schedule

Deleted
    GUYS ALLIED RACES ARE NOT A BATTLE FOR AZEROTH FEATURE!!

*even though its the most sought after feature*
    *even though the front page for the expansion literally features them first before any other feature*
    *even though all it says in the text is to do a quest and not mentioning the exalted requirement that took take over a month of grinding. YES grinding, if you need to log in everyday for a half hour for a month equally translating to 15 hours of gameplay THAT IS A GRIND.*

STOP BEING LAZY!!! WHAT YOU DON'T WANT TO PLAY FOR 2 MONTHS SPENDING 2 HOURS A DAY DOING WORLD QUEST EQUALING TO 120 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY TO GET EXALTED WITH THE 4 RACES!!???

REEEEEEEEEEEEE, NEW PLAYERS MAKE ME BOIL!!! YOU SHOULD EARN THE RIGHT AND PRESTIGE THAT I HAVE DONE PLAYING THE GAME FOR THE FULL EXPANSION WHEN IT IS ADVERTISED AS A BFA FEATURE!!! NO WE WILL NOT CATER TO YOU FILTHY CASUALS LOL XD, GO PLAY CALL OF DUTY WOW IS NOT FOR YOU ROFL!!!

And that sums up the defense of this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah man and remeber how death knights you went straight to northrend!? yeah cool right.

and again since you cant read
    content you havent done yet is not "old" cause you have not done it yet.
    those who have done it have done it and earned it
    those who havent done it, it is new content to them, new content they can explore

"FUCKING HELL I JUST BOUGHT WOW FOR THE FIRST TIME AND I NEED TO PLAY THIS MISTS OF PANDARIA SHIT? ITS SO OLD I REMEMBER IT ALL LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY, SHIT EXPANSION EVEN THOUGH I NEVER PLAYED IT"

since when has earning something in a video game been "so stupid"

the raids are advertised on the box, should people instantly get full 120 of every class and full gear so they can raid without having to earn it too?
    That is hardly the same thing.
    You have to take your 120 level character back to do 110 content, hidden behind time gates in order to gain access to content you payed for.
    That is not same thing as leveling a character from scratch and it sure as heck is not the same as getting gear for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yes, they HAVE you can only race change to races you unlock. so NO, you CANT "just" buy them.
    That might be the case yet Blizzard has not said so or at least no ones been able to link to that statement.

Deleted
    Everyone has months upon months to do these very simple achievements. Old players who are not playing currently can sub for 1 month and do it. New hypothetical players who never even heard of WoW can do it if they sub for 1 month.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    How dare people have to play the game to get cosmetic bonuses. What next can’t I not get all the mounts instantly for free?
    I wouldnt really call races in the game a "cosmetic bonus". That being said, they really arent that hard to unlock

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    *even though all it says in the text is to do a quest and not mentioning the exalted requirement that took take over a month of grinding. YES grinding, if you need to log in everyday for a half hour for a month equally translating to 15 hours of gameplay THAT IS A GRIND.*
    I'm only going to comment on this, since the rest is clearly a horrible attempt at trolling rather than having any sort of civil discussion, even though this particular topic is just as much rubbish as the rest.

The fact you equate this to grinding is laughable. At the time, when the Nightwell story arc was the primary thing, it took extra time, certainly, because that was the thing to do. Nowadays, though, with that part of the expansion in the past, you can get mostly through Revered just doing the questlines and doing the world quests, which you should be doing anyways. The fact that you (and many others i've seen) seem to forget that this is a video game that is meant to be enjoyed, and that the World Quests are simply another way of doing what you're normally be doing (while giving the added benefit of a more visual reward -right now- for those that need instant gratification).

Everything about most MMOs are a grind, period. That's the entire premise behind the game -- grind and spend as much time as possible within the game. Everquest, was named thusly, because of that very mentality, hidden behind the MMO and RPG genres.

If you play the game like it's meant to be, rather than treating it like a second job, then nothing's really a grind. The moment you treat it like a chore, you've lost the entire reason behind why you're playing it.

People get burnt out because of that very mentality. Me? I enjoy farming the same shit over and over; its very cathartic with some music or a stream in the background.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    That is hardly the same thing.
    You have to take your 120 level character back to do 110 content, hidden behind time gates in order to gain access to content you payed for.
    That is not same thing as leveling a character from scratch and it sure as heck is not the same as getting gear for free.

- - - Updated - - -

That might be the case yet Blizzard has not said so or at least no ones been able to link to that statement.
    Have you considered that blizzard is probably going to remove the rep requirements when bfa launches?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    nightborne, not a reskin, the model is a brand new model
    highmountain tauren, ok reskin other then the horns
    zandalari troll, brand new skin and model, so ok. not a reskin
    void elf, yeah reskin except for new hair
    lightforged draenei yeah reskin except for the new horns and hair and glowy naaru emblem over their head
    dark iron complete reskin other then new hair

learn the difference
    Jesus Christ, i know the diference, thats why i use """"" on reskins, the fact that we are jut getting more of the same, another tauren, another draenei, another fucking elf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Everyone has months upon months to do these very simple achievements. Old players who are not playing currently can sub for 1 month and do it. New hypothetical players who never even heard of WoW can do it if they sub for 1 month.

So I will play your so called 1 month scenario here to get exalted on all over races. I'm on your side okay.

So I am a fresh new player, to get the most reputation I should complete the story for all 4.

Okay that does not take too long. Doing the full insurrection took me 5 hours, I needed to join a LFR to complete some of the quest. Oh wow...I'm not even honored with the Nightfallen. I need exalted. Well I guess I should do the main story. Okay that took 5 hours and I am only Revered at the moment after everything. I guess that leaves world quest. Okay I login everyday for 2 weeks spending a half hour to do the Suramar World Quest. So that is 14 hours in total for me to get Exalted.

Okay NightFallen done in 24 hours of gametime in just 2 weeks! WOW that is so quick!

I want to play a High Mountain Tauren now. Okay doing all the quest gets me at barely honored but it only took around 2-3 hours. Okay that is fine, most world quest only give 75 reputation? Okay I guess I need to do this for a while. Okay after 3 weeks of spending a half hour everyday doing High Mountain quest for reputation I am exalted. I will say that was 11 hours altogether just doing world quest. So the grand total is 14 hours to get exalted with High Mountain!

So just for the 2 horde races a very GENEROUS total is 35 hours of game time just to play a BFA feature. And I said half hour, sometimes it takes even longer.

WOW!

Consider it a "loyalty program" for those that have been playing the game.

So I am a fresh new player
    In that case, all the content is the game is new to you. Problem solved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    In that case, all the content is the game is new to you. Problem solved.
    You are missing THE WHOLE POINT.

You are missing THE WHOLE POINT.
    "I'm not owned! I'm NOT owned!"
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

So I will play your so called 1 month scenario here to get exalted on all over races. I'm on your side okay.

So I am a fresh new player, to get the most reputation I should complete the story for all 4.

Okay that does not take too long. Doing the full insurrection took me 5 hours, I needed to join a LFR to complete some of the quest. Oh wow...I'm not even honored with the Nightfallen. I need exalted. Well I guess I should do the main story. Okay that took 5 hours and I am only Revered at the moment after everything. I guess that leaves world quest. Okay I login everyday for 2 weeks spending a half hour to do the Suramar World Quest. So that is 14 hours in total for me to get Exalted.

Okay NightFallen done in 24 hours of gametime in just 2 weeks! WOW that is so quick!

I want to play a High Mountain Tauren now. Okay doing all the quest gets me at barely honored but it only took around 2-3 hours. Okay that is fine, most world quest only give 75 reputation? Okay I guess I need to do this for a while. Okay after 3 weeks of spending a half hour everyday doing High Mountain quest for reputation I am exalted. I will say that was 11 hours altogether just doing world quest. So the grand total is 14 hours to get exalted with High Mountain!

So just for the 2 horde races a very GENEROUS total is 35 hours of game time just to play a BFA feature. And I said half hour, sometimes it takes even longer.

WOW!
    I mean, if you want to for some reason not use the emissary quests, and the rep tokens you get from missions, and the rep tokens you get from Argus. Sure.

But considering you have six months minimum, even if for some bizarre reason you decided to not use tokens or emissaries (lolwhy?), you are talking about less than two hours a week to unlock all four allied races.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2018-01-10 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dmerriam005 View Post
    Have you considered that blizzard is probably going to remove the rep requirements when bfa launches?
    Why would they?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I mean, if you want to for some reason not use the emissary quests, and the rep tokens you get from missions, and the rep tokens you get from Argus. Sure.

But considering you have six months minimum, even if for some bizarre reason you decided to not use tokens or emissaries (lolwhy?), you are talking about less than two hours a week to unlock all four allied races.
    This is all also considering you are doing the emissary quest also and a rep token if you get lucky. It is still going to take you weeks.And again you might not even see a emissary quest for high mountain for example for a full week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    They're giving us 3 new playable races (6 across both factions, with potential for more), and all most of you want to do is complain that you have to do something to unlock them.
    If they were giving them to us we wouldn't have to do anything for them.

Wait, I don't unlock everything the minute I buy a game? Pfft, what a load.

I'm more inclined to believe there will be a definite catch-up mechanic to unlock the races faster. The only issue is that your race makes up 5% of your overall gameplay. Everything else comes down to your class. This race/REP gate is a bit dumb, and could be managed better. But think of it this way.

You had all of Legion to get exalted with Highmountain Tauren, Nightfallen, and you had several months for Army of the Light and Argussian Reach. If you're not exalted by now, you're the one to blame, not Blizzard.
    [Insert Infraction Here]

This is all also considering you are doing the emissary quest also and a rep token if you get lucky. It is still going to take you weeks.And again you might not even see a emissary quest for high mountain for example for a full week.
    Wow, whole weeks to unlock four races? How will anyone even survive?