Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they will fix this. It is Blizzard after all.

They could just be varying heights depending on their lore significance. Here's Tirion Fordring next to a blood elf, for scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    Probably because they're on the Night Elf rig.
    Or possibly their using the same rig the Zandalari Trolls from MoP used.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    So, the NE rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They could just be varying heights depending on their lore significance. Here's Tirion Fordring next to a blood elf, for scale.

As already mentioned, the actual canon lore released by Blizzard in their novels repeatedly talks about their height. They average taller than tauren. It has nothing to do with the in-game Tirion thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    So, the NE rig.
    As also mentioned, we all share one rig now. I cannot confirm nor deny what rig is being used in those demos. However, as I and a majority of others have said, I will not roll a tiny Zandalari. That's weird, against the lore, and definitely is not what I want to play. Since we all share a rig now, though, it should be relatively easy for Blizzard to make this work. As I have said before though, at this point it is all conjecture. We need to wait for alpha and beta phases to discernt he reality we face. However, if they are still short, I promise to make quite a clamor about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    As also mentioned, we all share one rig now. I cannot confirm nor deny what rig is being used in those demos. However, as I and a majority of others have said, I will not roll a tiny Zandalari. That's weird, against the lore, and definitely is not what I want to play. Since we all share a rig now, though, it should be relatively easy for Blizzard to make this work. As I have said before though, at this point it is all conjecture. We need to wait for alpha and beta phases to discernt he reality we face. However, if they are still short, I promise to make quite a clamor about it.
    I agree with ya - short Zandalaris are unwelcome.

I actually like my hunched over troll look and the idle sitting crouch we have (yes ok, I'm weird) so unless the Zandalari model blows me away I'm not sure I would change anyway. Looking foward to the finished result regardless.

As already mentioned, the actual canon lore released by Blizzard in their novels repeatedly talks about their height. They average taller than tauren. It has nothing to do with the in-game Tirion thing.
    In-game Tauren are already smaller than their lore height dictates, and they still get stuck in some doors. If you love getting stuck in doors have fun petitioning for lore-accurate Zandalari troll heights.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    In-game Tauren are already smaller than their lore height dictates, and they still get stuck in some doors. If you love getting stuck in doors have fun petitioning for lore-accurate Zandalari troll heights.
    I mean no offense to you, though you may have sindely been trying to offend me, but as stated numerous times throughout my posts and probably on the OP, I said just make them the same height as Tuaren are in game. We all have agreed this is acceptably tall enough. But having them as short as a human is weird.
    Last edited by The Anax; 2018-01-12 at 05:32 AM.

I mean no offense to you, though you may have sindely been trying to offend me, but as stated numerous times throughout my posts and probably on the OP, I said just make them the same height as Tuaren are in game. We all have agreed this is acceptably tall enough. But having them as short as a human is weird.
    Not trying to offend. My apologies if I did though. Just stating the fact that none of the big guy races in WoW are lore-accurate, and since I played a Tauren for a long time I know the constant annoyance of getting stuck in doors. And I don't wish that on any race.

So I don't understand the big need to make Zandalari as tall or taller than Tauren. I prefer model quality and animations > how big it is or lore-accuracy. I'm fine with them being as tall as humans/elves.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    - Keeper Annals

Not trying to offend. My apologies if I did though. Just stating the fact that none of the big guy races in WoW are lore-accurate, and since I played a Tauren for a long time I know the constant annoyance of getting stuck in doors. And I don't wish that on any race.

So I don't understand the big need to make Zandalari as tall or taller than Tauren. I prefer model quality and animations > how big it is or lore-accuracy. I'm fine with them being as tall as humans/elves.
    The thought of my Darkspear towering over a Zandalari just... I just can't lol But, fair enough, each to their own!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope yall get short zandalaris so people can bitch about that instead of argue about nightborne.

Taurens only get stuck if they are mounted and try to run in to buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I hope yall get short zandalaris so people can bitch about that instead of argue about nightborne.
    Excellent post. Right on topic.

Deleted
    On the other hand the blood-trolls looks shorter too...
    except for the named ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Taurens only get stuck if they are mounted and try to run in to buildings.
    Wrong. Shows you haven't played Tauren for any significant period of time, but I'm not going to bother remembering every single instance my cow character got stuck on.

I mean a simple Google search gives you all the evidence you need: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753628526
    - Keeper Annals

Wrong. Shows you haven't played Tauren for any significant period of time, but I'm not going to bother remembering every single instance my cow character got stuck on.

I mean a simple Google search gives you all the evidence you need: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753628526
    I always have though it odd that Blizz did not have a set "clipping" max for the models. Now that we all share a rig, I wonder if they will do that. But, that aside, I think the bulk of the tauren is most of the issue. It is how broad they are across the shoulders. A Zanda, even that height will not be as large as a tauren. I will also say that, I believe the only doors that were issues were in Suramar (even then not many). Otherwise, tauren can fit in every single other door in the game, excpet in the Goblin starting zone, but they should not be there to begin with. I am not meaning to argue, just saying that it is not like it was back in Vanilla or especially original beta.

They need to be at least on par with Draenei/Tauren as per this chart, the biggest fail would be matching them to hunched Darkspear Trolls because in their idle animations the male Darkspears actually stand up straight every now and then which would instantly dwarf the Zandalari who stand up straight naturally.

Deleted
    Would they even be able to get through doors if they were taller than Tauren? I thought Taurens had it bad enough as it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    With all the allied race info recently, zandalari seem glaringly absent.
    and dark iron dwarves
    allmost like the two of them wont be coming until BFA?
    well the other four will be during the pre-purchase phase
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content