Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    Let the horde babies whine, that's all they're good for anyway.

Pathetic really.

So they burned down my capital and where I began my journey, in the end they lose more, and their precious shitty Undercity.
    I think you got it wrong. It's the Alliance that had been crying since the announcement; about Nightborne joining the Horde, crying about Void Elfs, crying about the requirements and now crying about Teldrassil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tandeee View Post
    as an alliance player and night elf lover, I think it's very wrong that the horde burned down teldrassil. it's one of the most sacred and ancient places in kalimdor / eastern kingdoms!
    TIL 11 years is ancient.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Oh no! The beautiful tree from Vanilla days is being burnt down?! Why would Blizzard burn down Teldr-

Oh, right. Because it's a relic from 2001 world design and looks disgusting.
    Right, as Alliance I really fail to understand why some people are so nostalgic about that ugly stump.

Even if you disregard the uglyness, it's also the most inconvenient capital city from a gameplay standpoint. If you have any business in Northern Kalimdor, the best way is Stormwind->Mount Hyjal and fly from there (or Moonglade if you're a druid).
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Per Occam's razor, it will most likely just end up a dead zone with no or very few NPCs of value - think Gilneas after the starting questline is over, or Karabor after Shadowmoon Valley questline ends. I expect similar treatement for lvl120 Tirisfal Glades. We know that the Alliance is going to fall back to Arathi (after all, if Undercity is indefensible for the Forsaken, it's going to be very hard to defend for the Alliance, too). Similarly, after Teldrassil burns, there is no reason for the Horde to field any forces there - no point in guarding a gigantic pile of ash.

So just expect two dead zones. They are easiest to make, and since story is going to be happening elsewhere anyway, I just don't see Blizzard putting much effort into them.

I have a theory I doubt it will be the case but it sounds better in my head....

Pre expansion event, (alliance/horde)
    scenario: defend teldrassil from forsaken assault/ stop rogue faction of forsaken attacking teldrassil
    Ends up with horde and alliance face to face after horde stops the rogue faction and alliance coming to the place where horde players are(lore figures sent you on ahead and they’ll be along later), one thing leads to another and artifact vs artifact.

Now! This is where things gets interesting/complicated

The unstable artifacts finally reach a critical point and “explode” all that energy pooling out and setting teldrassil alight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I think you got it wrong. It's the Alliance that had been crying since the announcement; about Nightborne joining the Horde, crying about Void Elfs, crying about the requirements and now crying about Teldrassil.
    You think getting flat-out inferior content isn't something worth throwing a fuss about?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Thats why the warfront is in arathi? Suuuure
    Gz bro, you managed to reply to my post from november.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    TIL 11 years is ancient.
    the concept of darnassus is ancient. there are many artifacts from the WOTA.
    besides, it's their homeland plain and square. the alliance used to own lorderaon, and hopefully they rightfully take it back.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    Lorderon isn't taken over, isn't destroyed, no...just...attacked. Which we can easily assume they will defend off the forces of the Alliance and still keep their rotting castle. With the possible outcome of a few small Alliance bases settled into Lorderon land just for a few skirmishes... How is that even remotely fair Blizzard?
    Actually we don't know that it's not destroyed. All we do know is that it's indefensible and made into more of a ruin. That could very well mean that undercity as we know it is no more. It would make sense if the alliance fell back because they couldn't occupy a hole in the ground.
    Last edited by delus; 2018-01-12 at 02:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Right, as Alliance I really fail to understand why some people are so nostalgic about that ugly stump.

Even if you disregard the uglyness, it's also the most inconvenient capital city from a gameplay standpoint. If you have any business in Northern Kalimdor, the best way is Stormwind->Mount Hyjal and fly from there (or Moonglade if you're a druid).
    Some people just don't want to see night elves get shit on like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    besides, it's their homeland plain and square. the alliance used to own lorderaon, and hopefully they rightfully take it back.
    WTF are you even talking about? Darnassus is only 11 years old, same as Teldrassil. Do you mean the concept of the NElves having a city they live in? Teldrassil is not their homeland. It's their capital. Their homeland was around the Well of Eternity, which got blasted to the bottom of the ocean. Then they lived around the 2nd Well of Eternity and Nordrassil (which they didn't live in). When that got blown up, they moved to Teldrassil, 11 years ago.

I really don't know what you mean by "concept of darnassus is ancient." Its entire concept was a failed plan by Fandral to hope to regain immortality. Not only it failed, it was corrupted for most of its life span.

11 years ago in Night Elven years is like frikkin' a minute ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Some people just don't want to see night elves get shit on like that.
    Night elves have been shit on since WoW started. Every expansion had them lose something or have their leaders do dumb things (Tyrande) or not care at all (Malfurion). The only leader that seemed to care for the night elves was ironically Fandral even if his methods were wrong.
    Last edited by corebit; 2018-01-12 at 06:55 AM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    WTF are you even talking about? Darnassus is only 11 years old, same as Teldrassil. Do you mean the concept of the NElves having a city they live in? Teldrassil is not their homeland. It's their capital. Their homeland was around the Well of Eternity, which got blasted to the bottom of the ocean. Then they lived around the 2nd Well of Eternity and Nordrassil (which they didn't live in). When that got blown up, they moved to Teldrassil, 11 years ago.
    One can almost see a pattern there...

Well i hope we at least get a scenario or 2 out of it.
    Optimally the quest-line will go:
    - quests
    - scenario about burning the stump
    - quests
    - scenario about destroying the sewers
    - wait for WFA

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    One can almost see a pattern there...
    Blizzard is just using the old tired trope of "elves used to dominate in ancient times, now they are fading and making way for the age of humans" as featured in numerous fantasies like LOTR, Warhammer, Witcher, etc, etc.
    - Keeper Annals

Blizzard is just using the old tired trope of "elves used to dominate in ancient times, now they are fading and making way for the age of humans" as featured in numerous fantasies like LOTR, Warhammer, Witcher, etc, etc.
    At least it makes sense in those (and even then, Dark Elves in warhammer are thriving).

10+ Year Old Account
    Night elves have been shit on since WoW started. Every expansion had them lose something or have their leaders do dumb things (Tyrande) or not care at all (Malfurion). The only leader that seemed to care for the night elves was ironically Fandral even if his methods were wrong.
    I know, that's why I don't want to see them shit on even more.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Last I checked there was nothing yet to indicate the Horde starts this war, a bit of a premature statement to make don't you think?
    It's a perfectly reliable prediction based on past trends.

The time where the Horde doesn't start a faction conflict will be the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post

The time where the Horde doesn't start a faction conflict will be the first time.
    While ignoring the fact that this time Genn Greymane is a loose cannon or that the Alliance seem to think the Horde played a part in Varian dying? I think it's pretty evenly balanced at this point to assume either faction has enough growing instabilities to cause a war. There is not a single sliver at this point in time in patch 7.3.5 that indicates either faction starts the war.

The pre-expansion event will most likely highlight just who creates this mess or at the very least hints to it, however.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2018-01-13 at 02:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

This is true, I mean no one was honestly visiting Darnassus when it came to convenience. IF Silvermoon and The Exodar were not instanced I would bet they'd be destroyed too :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    This is true, I mean no one was honestly visiting Darnassus when it came to convenience. IF Silvermoon and The Exodar were not instanced I would bet they'd be destroyed too :P
    Draenei: Huzzah, we've finally fulfilled our character arc!
    * horde burns down the Exodar *
    Draenei: OH COME ON! WE WERE ALREADY LIVING IN A WRECK. SCREW THIS PLANET WE'RE MOVING BACK TO OUTLAND. * all the draenei and lightforged pack into the Vindicaar and fly to Nagrand *

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post

Genn shot first in Stormheim. The dialogue before the cutscene as you're boarding is pretty funny in retrospect. "Yeah we're not supposed to engage unless necessary, but we're going to make it necessary."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.