Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    He was a trained soldier, even highly commended by Phasma at one point and was trained as a Stormtrooper from a young age like any other.
    How could he be "a trained soldier" if he deserted after his first combat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    First live combat. The First Order raise kids from a very young age with a constant barrage of propaganda, drills and simulations for their entire lives. He's had all of the training, he just broke when it came to the atrocities of what the First Order troops do in practice.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Forbes - Star Wars: The Last Jedi a CATASTROPHIC FLOP in China

Fat, ugly Asian fails to impress their target audience.
    It's a bit weird to me that you feel the need to repeatedly announce your distaste for the physical appearance of one of the cast members. You may want to discuss this with a professional.

The whole "Finn was a janitor" thing is way way overblown by audiences who misunderstood the throwaway joke from Force Awakens as being a major part of Finn's character.
    It wasn't just a throwaway joke. It was mentioned again in The Last Jedi and was a major plot point - he knew about the hyperspace tracking device because he cleaned the room where it was kept. (I don't even understand why they have janitors when they have roombas aka droids).
    Last edited by ramjb; 2018-01-12 at 06:07 PM.

Forbes - Star Wars: The Last Jedi a CATASTROPHIC FLOP in China

Fat, ugly Asian fails to impress their target audience.
    Star Wars has never been that huge in China. TFA got beat out in it's second weekend, Rogue One bombed, and now TLJ is having a dismal reaction. There's a reason for it though.

Via The Hollywood Reporter
    The world's most famous movie franchise is also surprisingly unknown in China. The original three films never received a wide theatrical release in the country, meaning Chinese movie fans of all ages harbor little of the Star Wars nostalgia that lurks in the hearts of millions of filmgoers elsewhere. When George Lucas's original Star Wars came out in 1977, China was just emerging from the ravages of the Cultural Revolution — the adventures of Luke, Leia and Lord Vader were indeed a galaxy far, far away from the everyday concerns of the country's mostly impoverished population.

Piracy later brought the first films to China in patchy fits, but the extent of their exposure is unknown.
    Here's some more context for you, via YouTube video about China's original bootleg Star Wars comic.

Even the prequels did really poorly. So no, this has nothing to do with your misogynistic and racist reason for the movie flopping.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    There's a difference between being training and experience. A soldier that goes through boot is trained. A soldier that goes through combat is experienced.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Someone recreated the concept art for the Porgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Sorry I missed this post:

I have requested the source from Grace from Beyond the Trailer on youtube. https://youtu.be/UvApZXT0dQM?t=535 thats where she talks about it.

When it comes to diversity hispanics are considered non-white. Its only when they murder a black kid that they are considered white. I did not absolve Poe of his mistakes. He was a central figure in the incompetance of the Resistance.

Well its just an overall theme of the movie, only white people matter in it.

Phasma is high ranking member of the first order, from the movies I would infer she is in charge of the storm troopers. That makes her what? Equal to a male janitor?

The whole movie is just a way for white people to pat themselves on the back for liking a diverse film while making sure non-white males stay in their "place". The only exception would be Rey. In the end the diverse cast's entire storyline could have been thrown away because the only two people that mattered were Kylo Ren and Rey.
    Thank God, then, that you will never be in a position of influence on the movie set of a Star Wars film. There is already so much SJW/feminist nonsense oozing out of this movie, but you want to inject more cancer into the franchise?

We have to worry enough already about SJW propaganda destroying the franchise for good, we don't need people advocating for what you are complaining about!

(I don't even understand why they have janitors when they have roombas aka droids).
    Bad writing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Bad writing
    Yeah coincidence is a pretty shitty plot device and The Force Awakens was almost entirely just a string of coincidences.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't just a throwaway joke. It was mentioned again in The Last Jedi and was a major plot point - he knew about the hyperspace tracking device because he cleaned the room where it was kept. (I don't even understand why they have janitors when they have roombas aka droids).
    The same reason IRL soldiers get put on janitorial duty: As punishment.

Besides, one of the main characters knowing about the McGuffin is a pretty standard trope in writing.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Can only assume it was some kind of punishment detail.

Probably didn't involve mops though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    The same reason IRL soldiers get put on janitorial duty: As punishment.

Besides, one of the main characters knowing about the McGuffin is a pretty standard trope in writing.
    Punishment to be the janitor in the room with their amazing new top secret hyperspace tracking system. That makes no logical sense. If you are punishing someone its because they did something wrong, you dont have them around top secret tech as part of their punishment. You keep something secret by minimizing how many have access to it.

Knowing about the McGuffin isn't the issue it's the poor writing surrounding it that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Punishment to be the janitor in the room with their amazing new top secret hyperspace tracking system. That makes no logical sense. If you are punishing someone its because they did something wrong, you dont have them around top secret tech as part of their punishment. You keep something secret by minimizing how many have access to it.

Knowing about the McGuffin isn't the issue it's the poor writing surrounding it that is.
    The fact that the Rebels didn't know about it doesn't make it top secret. Besides, the obvious flaw in your logic here is that Finn may simply have been the janitor on the hall outside the room as he only knew where it was and how to get there from wherever they landed. It's location may be fairly common knowledge on board the ship, access on the other hand is still restricted. Remember that the door still needed to be hacked and there was plenty of foot traffic in the hallway outside.

You can keep saying it's poor all you like, I'm not asking you to like the writing, but most of the poorness you're complaining about is in these extra little bits you're adding on top.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Did people actually like this piece of shit (sorry to fans, I am a fan myself)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    The fact that the Rebels didn't know about it doesn't make it top secret. Besides, the obvious flaw in your logic here is that Finn may simply have been the janitor on the hall outside the room as he only knew where it was and how to get there from wherever they landed. It's location may be fairly common knowledge on board the ship, access on the other hand is still restricted. Remember that the door still needed to be hacked and there was plenty of foot traffic in the hallway outside.

You can keep saying it's poor all you like, I'm not asking you to like the writing, but most of the poorness you're complaining about is in these extra little bits you're adding on top.

A hyperspace tracking system what no one else were able to pull off since thousand years? Yeah, that is top secret easily....and no offense mate, but no way in hell anyone can go into a top secret military grade project as "punishment" nor as a cleaner nor as a wall painter...Hell, even lesser projects have code for access by any reason... It`s just another fishy part of the storyboard and logic and common sense....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    A hyperspace tracking system what no one else were able to pull off since thousand years? Yeah, that is top secret easily....and no offense mate, but no way in hell anyone can go into a top secret military grade project as "punishment" nor as a cleaner nor as a wall painter...Hell, even lesser projects have code for access by any reason... It`s just another fishy part of the storyboard and logic and common sense....
    YOU are the one saying it's top secret. Not the movie. That's my point. YOU said it's top secret so all these other things YOU are saying must apply.

All I'm saying is that the movie didn't say it, so none of us have any evidence that it is or is not. Which AGAIN, Finn only knew how to get there not how to get in, DJ still had to hack the door.
    Last edited by Sunseeker; 2018-01-14 at 05:05 PM.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't it just the fuses that Finn knew how to get to? Not the tracker itself. He just knew that you would have to pop certain fuses to disable the tracker. That room isn't actually the physical location of the tracker, is it?
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't it just the fuses that Finn knew how to get to? Not the tracker itself. He just knew that you would have to pop certain fuses to disable the tracker. That room isn't actually the physical location of the tracker, is it?
    From what I understood, no it wasn't. For all we know, destroying those fuses could have disrupted other systems as well.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Movie logic aside, if they were planning to abandon the lead rebel ship anyway and they knew the big ol bad guys ship couldn't hit their smaller ships they were escaping on, why didn't they just try the hyperspace kamikaze attack right away instead of waiting for the neo-space nazis to pick off most of their individual ships during the retreat? I am going with the assumption it was just a pulled out of ass last minuet idea.

And the fuck was the point of the Luke death fake out, only for him to kick the bucket anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    This is the best movie review you will ever see. Guaranteed to laugh your ass off. Also check out his channel for more reviews. His Alien: Covenant review is really funny too!

Enjoy guys and gals. You will not be disappointed.
    LOL brilliant thank you. The review pretty much nails all my issues with Disney's Star Wars.