Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    What you don't understand is that everyone who played vanilla knows that even a 100% copy will be miles better than retail,
    Literally false.

Totally meaningless and no one can even see what you're referring to.
    When retail starts to collapse, you'll be crying inside but your stubbornness will mean you go down with the ship like the captain of the titanic. Meanwhile everyone else will be floating away to the haven of Classic island, pointing and laughing at you.
    Like I said, you're scared and adhering to hyperbole in the desperate hope of being right.

You people, the C.S.C, are hilarious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ared View Post
    no changes!
    There's already the option of no changes Vanilla: private servers. Most people who really wanted to play it, have. Not hidden behind arguments of intellectual property preventing them trying it

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Like I said, you're scared and adhering to hyperbole in the desperate hope of being right.

You people, the C.S.C, are hilarious.
    Totally wrong, No other person try in this thread to troll or spread toxicity. Only you.

May aswell say it for every thread, Rorcanna is always wrong.

Whatever you try to say about everyone else, only apply to yourself.

Exactly and a 100% Vanilla won't bring back anything close to this feeling. Making some changes to the game, even if it's just changing talents/quest xp/breaking certain addons, will help to bring this back so less people know the 100% optimal way to play the game like a fucking robot.
    No, because those changes will alienate the main group of people Blizzard is counting on Classic to bring back to WoW. I believe that making major changes like those would be detrimental to Classic in the long term since a larger portion of the audience that Blizzard is expecting to play Classic for an extended period of time will avoid it, possibly making it look like a ghost town after most of the "tourists" decide to not come back.

There's already the option of no changes Vanilla: private servers. Most people who really wanted to play it, have. Not hidden behind arguments of intellectual property preventing them trying it
    Which isn't what Blizzard wants at all since those servers do not result in any revenue for them, so don't act like that is an actual solution.

Heck, if Blizzard is smart then they would send out C&Ds en masse to private servers within a week of announcing an actual release date for Classic.

Deleted
    How can you sit there and post your disengenous little threads about how "changes mean that it's not Classic anymore and that's what you asked for /trollface" and my personal favourite "but think of the poor people who signed the petition, this should be about them, not us"

The first one I kind of understand now. People have been telling you "retailers" that your version of the game is shit for a long time now. So you have the attitude that, well if Vanilla was so great let's see it as it was. What you don't understand is that everyone who played vanilla knows that even a 100% copy will be miles better than retail, it's just that changes will make it better still.

The second is just clutching at straws under the false pretenses of a moral highground. Supporting purists as if they are an endangered species purely because you want Classic to fail.
    Since when did an idiot like you, get to decide what i want? Oh, that's right NEVER.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you truly believe that private servers are "no changes 1.12" you are going to have a bad time
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

You are wrong. I like vanilla, I will play vanilla, and so will someone else. While knowing the truth, you still can't admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    No, because those changes will alienate the main group of people Blizzard is counting on Classic to bring back to WoW. I believe that making major changes like those would be detrimental to Classic in the long term since a larger portion of the audience that Blizzard is expecting to play Classic for an extended period of time will avoid it, possibly making it look like a ghost town after most of the "tourists" decide to not come back.

Which isn't what Blizzard wants at all since those servers do not result in any revenue for them, so don't act like that is an actual solution.

Heck, if Blizzard is smart then they would send out C&Ds en masse to private servers within a week of announcing an actual release date for Classic.
    While those people are the sole reason why Classic is being made, Blizzard is now seeing a lot of retail players would also love the game, with changes (regardless of how minor or major).

If you make a classic server 1:1 to vanilla, you will keep the people who "fought" for it(lets call them OGs). But you will eventually lose all interest from retail to play it as retail players(myself included) predominantly like dungeon finder, LFR, etc.

If you make a classic server with changes, retail players will be quite interested (as they get to enjoy vanilla with conveniences), but OGs will not agree to the changes and will be pissed.

So 2 questions - 1) Are OGs willing to swallow some changes for the sake of not having their accounts wiped every year due to blizzard shutting down PServers and 2) Are there more retail players interested in vanilla with changes than OGs?

15+ Year Old Account
    I am actually unsure if I will even try Classic, but I am looking forward to it nonetheless, as it will at the very least give Blizzard the most honest and objective feedback on Retail WoW they will ever get - in the form of statistics.
    It will show them the sort of reaction certain systems from Classic are likely to get if implemented similarly in Retail, such as crafting or world pvp.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2018-01-15 at 03:11 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

there are only some million people who want to play classic!!!
    hit & run posting lol

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    While those people are the sole reason why Classic is being made, Blizzard is now seeing a lot of retail players would also love the game, with changes (regardless of how minor or major).

If you make a classic server 1:1 to vanilla, you will keep the people who "fought" for it(lets call them OGs). But you will eventually lose all interest from retail to play it as retail players(myself included) predominantly like dungeon finder, LFR, etc.

If you make a classic server with changes, retail players will be quite interested (as they get to enjoy vanilla with conveniences), but OGs will not agree to the changes and will be pissed.

So 2 questions - 1) Are OGs willing to swallow some changes for the sake of not having their accounts wiped every year due to blizzard shutting down PServers and 2) Are there more retail players interested in vanilla with changes than OGs?
    1 - Depends on the changes as Dungeon Finder/LFR is commonly cited as a major reason that the "OGs" left. Bnet Integration has been accepted as part of the deal, and most agree that bug fixes are acceptable. Other changes continue to be debated, obviously, but I feel like making it as close as possible to how it played back in Classic is the best course of action, as it will make the "OGs" happiest.

2 - My prediction is that Classic will hit a peak about 2 - 3 months after it launches... and within about 6 months lose about 25% of that amount as it declines, and continues thusly until it hits a certain point where mostly the core group of players that want to stick around will be the remainders. So the question should be: which group will be more likely to remain in the game for 2+ years? I believe the "OGs" would be more likely to do so, and have proven as much already.

Quote Originally Posted by namecraft View Post
    there are only some million people who want to play classic!!!
    Maybe a million that want to play it. Given the total populations of the already existing "Classic" private servers, though, the steady population that will continue playing it in perpetuity is a few hundred thousand which is not insignificant, but it's nowhere near the population of retail.

There's obviously a place for it, else Blizzard wouldn't even be trying to launch it, and it will likely be incredibly successful with a steady population, but pretending it's going to overtake and be more successful and popular than retail is just delusional, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Totally wrong, No other person try in this thread to troll or spread toxicity. Only you.

May aswell say it for every thread, Rorcanna is always wrong.

Whatever you try to say about everyone else, only apply to yourself.
    Again, someone proving my point. Thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post

Me for one i have been waiting years for a legit version of vanilla mainly stay away from private servers. If the do make changes most of the people ive talked to if not all who are currently not playing will jump to private after the release if there are changes. Which means they gain no money from us and retailplayers are already paying. Its a bad business model. They want to bring people back and many wont accept changes.

Simply stating this isnt for the current paying customer. There is no money there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I like playing old games because they're better.
    Super Mario World still the best mario ever.

How can you sit there and post your disengenous little threads about how "changes mean that it's not Classic anymore and that's what you asked for /trollface" and my personal favourite "but think of the poor people who signed the petition, this should be about them, not us"

The first one I kind of understand now. People have been telling you "retailers" that your version of the game is shit for a long time now. So you have the attitude that, well if Vanilla was so great let's see it as it was. What you don't understand is that everyone who played vanilla knows that even a 100% copy will be miles better than retail, it's just that changes will make it better still.

The second is just clutching at straws under the false pretenses of a moral highground. Supporting purists as if they are an endangered species purely because you want Classic to fail.
    Look I just look at the classic vanilla thing to be an alt right agenda just like the thread we have with black panther.

keep it pure and Vanilla

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    feel free. just know that theyve already said they are making the game as close to vanilla as possible.
    which sounds like there is room for a change.

No re-spec cost or no dice! That is the single most annoying thing about vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    feel free. just know that theyve already said they are making the game as close to vanilla as possible.
    I just wanted to point out that Blizzard has also said Warlords of Draenor would not have flight. Keep that in mind.

The point is: nothing is set in stone.