Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    maybe, just maybe.. they are taking the very easy steps to replace all the graphic models from vanilla? only the easy ones, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by ZettZu View Post
    maybe, just maybe.. they are taking the very easy steps to replace all the graphic models from vanilla? only the easy ones, obviously.
    This is not a replacement, it's an addition.

yes, i'm aware of that. so?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Nj blizz making a cool new mount for the 0.2% of the game
    Tough, you didn't earn it. I like it, don't have it either. By fact, I could've had it... If it wasn't for the part of being mass ganked by the guild of the person who was going for it on The Venture Co. Haha. And I'm pretty sure it is to make it an update and look nicer. But do not be upset, the others are there to borrow during the event soon to be.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It's not like that model won't be used for outdoor mobs...

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Tough, you didn't earn it. I like it, don't have it either. By fact, I could've had it... If it wasn't for the part of being mass ganked by the guild of the person who was going for it on The Venture Co. Haha. And I'm pretty sure it is to make it an update and look nicer. But do not be upset, the others are there to borrow during the event soon to be.
    But they could have just done a Scarab Lord 2.0 event of some kind that would reward the new mount model
    Or just put the new one into the game and keep the old, that way if you see the old one you would still poop your pants
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Scarab Lords didn't earn this one either. C:

10+ Year Old Account
    But they could have just done a Scarab Lord 2.0 event of some kind that would reward the new mount model
    Or just put the new one into the game and keep the old, that way if you see the old one you would still poop your pants
    Or, they could just update the old mount as they did and then most likely updating the others as well over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Scarab Lords didn't earn this one either. C:
    They earnt it more than the ones not having it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

No they earnt 10 years of the rarest and one of the most prestigious mounts in game.

They didn't do ANYTHING to earn a new mount, it was given them to free.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Nope, they earned it just as much as any other person playing today.

That is, to say, not at all.

The earned the Black Qiraji Battle Tank from 10+ years ago, and the Scarab Lord title, and they got that.

Glad to clear up the confusion, Gehco!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, they earned it just as much as any other person playing today.

That is, to say, not at all.

The earned the Black Qiraji Battle Tank from 10+ years ago, and the Scarab Lord title, and they got that.

Glad to clear up the confusion, Gehco!
    Unsure if you've been part of the race for it before? They earnt their mount and title, and now Blizzard is updating them. There's more updates coming for the event as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    No they earnt 10 years of the rarest and one of the most prestigious mounts in game.

They didn't do ANYTHING to earn a new mount, it was given them to free.
    Thought it was a new version available instead of the old.

Unsure if you've been part of the race for it before? They earnt their mount and title, and now Blizzard is updating them. There's more updates coming for the event as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Thought it was a new version available instead of the old.
    They earned the original and the original title.

They never, ever, at one point, worked towards a model that would be introduced over 10 years later. Neither is their unique, exclusive old model going away or being given away to any other players. The concept of adding a new Silithid model wasn't even a glimmer in Blizzard devs' eyes the moment the first Scarab Lords were created. This also wasn't made with Classic subscription money. This is a new model, a new design, without armor (the original has armor), a beak, and other elements that set it apart

Not to mention the laughable fact that earning one in Classic was more privilege than skill, as you were the one person in your entire guild (if lucky) that got it, while everyone in your guild worked for it. Groups of people worked to get one person a mount. That's not personal challenge. In comparison, Rhok'delar is far more prestigious, since at least it had challenging real solo elements.

And then we have the super prestigious case of WoTLK Scarab Lords, who took it and then made it even more trivial by outgearing it.

Deleted
    I already checked the one in the thread and they had achies from 2008, yet their Scarab Lord one is from 2009.
    My title is from 2008, yet the achievement for completing the quest is from 2010.
    I played on Mal'Ganis-EU and was with the guild Murlocs. We opened it together with another guild and their leader, a paladin whose Name I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    My title is from 2008, yet the achievement for completing the quest is from 2010.
    I played on Mal'Ganis-EU and was with the guild Murlocs. We opened it together with another guild and their leader, a paladin whose Name I forgot.
    Makes no sense in my eyes. The only way it could be a belated achievement is if the Scarab Lord quit playing before achievements were added, but the Scarab Lord in this case continued playing and has achievements from the literal day achievements were added, while the Scarab Lord achi is from 2009.

Deleted
    You can still use the old one though. The new Version is a different Mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Makes no sense in my eyes. The only way it could be a belated achievement is if the Scarab Lord quit playing before achievements were added, but the Scarab Lord in this case continued playing and has achievements from the literal day achievements were added, while the Scarab Lord achi is from 2009.
    I played straight from week 1 to mid WotLK. As far as I can remember, there wasn't even an achievement for the questline at first (I think, could be wrong though). But definetly achievements were buggy as hell at WotLK Launch and not every time properly rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    I played straight from week 1 to mid WotLK. As far as I can remember, there wasn't even an achievement for the questline at first (I think, could be wrong though). But definetly achievements were buggy as hell at WotLK Launch and not every time properly rewarded.
    That definitely would complicate things. But I maintain that, even just from a statistical standpoint, most of the Scarab Lords playing today are more likely to be Wrath cheesers.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it makes you feel any better, when classic servers launch there will probably be more scarab lords and the scarab lord fans will probably get pissy. Not the actual scarab lords, all two or three that remain, they probably won't care, but I'm sure many people will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nj blizz making a cool new mount for the 0.2% of the game
    "making a cool new mount" didn't know changing the hue on a texture was making a new mount now

Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    "making a cool new mount" didn't know changing the hue on a texture was making a new mount now
    .. It's literally a new model with a new textureset.

Deleted
    Mount collectors are so butthurt lol