... LastLast

New Scarab Lord mount

Nj blizz making a cool new mount for the 0.2% of the game
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    eh im a druid i dont use my mounts anyways, plus, it looks kinda crappy compared to my time lost proto drake

Deleted
    Isn't it just an updated model of the old one (that we're getting anyways, just recoloured version) ?

Its nice that people that got the rarest thing a LONG time ago can still benefit. I won't every see it accept running by me in a capital or something once in a while.. but who cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they compromise and upgrade the archaeology one I'll be happy

7+ Year Old Account
    I see nothing wrong with that. They just recolored the scarab event ones to black though.

This has been discussed in the other thread a lot.

It's for a TINY proportion of players, the majority of which used an exploit during wotlk. Effectively, it's rewarding those who used the exploit when many others could have too.

It's also completely against any precedent - Raven Lord update was a CE mount, Gryphon and Wyvern updates were put behind current content too.

If they were worried it could take away from the "Special" nature of the old mounts, then just don't add it. There's literally ZERO reason to add a brand NEW free mount, for no work, to a tiny fraction of players that ALREADY HAVE one of the rarest mounts in game.

We DO know that quite a few devs are Scarab Lords though, so current (conspiracy) theory is that it was the developers themselves that wanted to be the special snowflakes and just rewarded themselves with a mount that only themselves, their friends, and a few other people scattered across the realms could ever own.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh come on, I cant believe that nowadays everybody has to have everything else they will bitch about it. It is a good thing that some things are restricted, in fact we need a lot more restricted rewards for the 10% and for the 1%. This is what the game is lacking now, you have nothing to look forward to or be amazed about. Everybody just gets everything. Its like somekind of soup kitchen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by syar View Post
    Oh come on, I cant believe that nowadays everybody has to have everything else they will bitch about it. It is a good thing that some things are restricted, in fact we need a lot more restricted rewards for the 10% and for the 1%. This is what the game is lacking now, you have nothing to look forward to or be amazed about. Everybody just gets everything. Its like somekind of soup kitchen.
    Yeah i would completly remove mounts and gear looks when content gets absolote so only those who cleared that content properly could have them.

Deleted
    Didn't they create the new model for the mounts available for use on Scarab day? If so isn't this just a palette change/switch to create a new colour? And if that is so, is this really a lot of work wasted on a small amount? Given the way shaders work in most games someone probably spent 5 minutes clicking a few colours and then went with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Yeah i would completly remove mounts and gear looks when content gets absolote so only those who cleared that content properly could have them.
    It's not like being able to get old gear models for visuals is a big draw for people to keep playing or anything. Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    If they compromise and upgrade the archaeology one I'll be happy
    That would be really sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    This has been discussed in the other thread a lot.

It's for a TINY proportion of players, the majority of which used an exploit during wotlk. Effectively, it's rewarding those who used the exploit when many others could have too.

It's also completely against any precedent - Raven Lord update was a CE mount, Gryphon and Wyvern updates were put behind current content too.

If they were worried it could take away from the "Special" nature of the old mounts, then just don't add it. There's literally ZERO reason to add a brand NEW free mount, for no work, to a tiny fraction of players that ALREADY HAVE one of the rarest mounts in game.

We DO know that quite a few devs are Scarab Lords though, so current (conspiracy) theory is that it was the developers themselves that wanted to be the special snowflakes and just rewarded themselves with a mount that only themselves, their friends, and a few other people scattered across the realms could ever own.
    No, no. This gave me a great idea. Blizzard. If you like this type of reward scheme so much, why not grab the new Battle for Azeroth horse model, make it a mount, then only give it to the owners of the original retired Palomino mount. :^)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by syar View Post
    Not everyone has to have everything. People want to be able to earn a mount developed with current subscription money, in 2017.

Not be told they should try to create a time machine to do something that happened over a decade ago or be shit out of luck.

No one wants to touch the old mount model, so stop acting like people "need to have everything.". This model is new, though, and has a radically different design. It was also developed in 2017, so people who play currently should have the ability to earn it, no matter how hard or easy it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Nj blizz making a cool new mount for the 0.2% of the game
    Yeah it would be much better if they made a store mount amiright? /s

I think a lot of the problem is the red and green new Qiraji mounts are time-limited. If all 3 mounts were permanent, and the black one could only be picked up by Scarab Lords, most people wouldn't be annoyed by that.

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    Yeah it would be much better if they made a store mount amiright? /s
    No. It would be much better if they made it available for content that can be done today, in Battle for Azeroth, or between now and Battle for Azeroth.

You heard it here first. They're updating it so that when Classic Servers open the gates of Ahn'Qiraj, people can get the old mount on classic and have access to the new one/both on retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    Didn't they create the new model for the mounts available for use on Scarab day? If so isn't this just a palette change/switch to create a new colour? And if that is so, is this really a lot of work wasted on a small amount? Given the way shaders work in most games someone probably spent 5 minutes clicking a few colours and then went with that.
    This is exactly what they did.
    They already created the new scarab mount for the micro-holiday, then just updated the Scarab lord mount to use the same model and spent a couple minutes tweaking the colors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, they just upgraded the old one? Seems like a downgrade, I always found the old version *way* cooler than the new one. Not that I have it ofc, just sayin'.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted