Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    I don't see the problem:

1) If you are a player who absolutely refuse to pay a boost but like the game, you will level even if it takes 20% extra time.

2) If you are a player who absolutely refuse to pay a boost and you don't like the game, you will probably quit but you wuold have quit anyway.

3) If you are a player who enjoy this new leveling experience, it's win.

4) If you are a player who enjoy WoW and have money to buy a boost, it's a win.

TLDR: if you can't manage to play WoW for a 20% extra leveling time, it's good for the game and community if you just quit.
    Valid points, but the 20% extra time is completely wrong. Arguably, it takes 200-300% longer to level now, cause it takes 3-4X longer to kill a mob.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    I didn't back-peddle but judging by the rest of your post the only thing you seem capable of is parroting words you find on the Internet without understanding their meaning. An incredibly common trait on the Internet though so don't fret, you're not alone.
    Tasty denial ended with the old-time classic "They're all stupid for doing things their way. Why don't we try my way?"

You clearly know the way so we should just always take your word as fact without questions /s
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    The problem is that you pulled that 20% right out of where the sun does not shine. It alone takes 20% more XP to level from 10-60, and that does not include the greatest nerf of leveling which is increasing the mob health up to 4x.
    But ignore the buffs? Your quests are always yellow, so ib general you get more xp. Less travel time (much less), better flow. With heirlooms fron lvl 15 on i was 80% of time just running from 1 area to next area while waiting for dungeons. 1dungeon + 2 quests = area was outleveled, quests were green/grey.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to babble nonsense, find someone else to direct it at.
    You're probably used to this one but -

"Straight back at ya pal"
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

reading all these topics i'm somehow glad i finished leveling one char of each class during this expansion.

It seems however there are fun times ahead if i ever decide to level a horde character :P

Source for counter-claim?
    That's not how it works, but from what I've seen logic or reasoning aren't your strong points. XD

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We did. When it was actually relevant. It's not anymore and it needs to stay that way.
    It is for new players who wish to experience it and pay the same as you.
    That is the point.

The only thing necessary is for more xp from quests and dungeons, rest is fine.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    I swear if some people could level on a training dummy they would. No sense of challenge or adventure.

The reason leveling became so boring is precisely because it became so easy. Doesn’t matter what class you are most things died in one shot. And neve a chance to use those skills that looked interesting and the reason you picked the class.
    Yup, actually felt like i got to use my all my skills/cds as a prot warr when i tanked a dungeon the other day. Felt like i was playing a game and not just 'waiting' til max lvl.

And for ppl that want to just plow through dungeons- if your tank knows how to keep aggro and kite, and you have good aoe dps, its not impossible. Found this when we accidentally pulled 3 mobs in the Nexus on the way to the 2nd boss. Had to charge, thunder clap, and heroic leap out of there like a mad man. Luckily we also had a good healer. Feels good that dungeons are a threat again.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    But ignore the buffs? Your quests are always yellow, so ib general you get more xp. Less travel time (much less), better flow. With heirlooms fron lvl 15 on i was 80% of time just running from 1 area to next area while waiting for dungeons. 1dungeon + 2 quests = area was outleveled, quests were green/grey.
    Except there was no buff, as travel time was non existant. You never would leave the city as dungeon spamming was so much more efficient than questing, and with queue times around 5 minutes even as dps it wasn't worth going to any level area even in times where you had all flight points (as you can get them now again with the books) . And mobs and quests in random dungeons were always yellow.
    And from 60 on where you would indeed start to quest sometimes you already have and had flying.

Deleted
    Based on previous knowledge from developers on the leveling experience and making a new character if you have 2 brain cells you would realize what is going on here. The changes ARE NOT for new players period. They changed the experience to be easier to actually get MORE players to try the game with higher success rates.

It is clear and many of us know that a new wow player does not happen anymore. The amount of new players is slim to almost nothing and they know this. Majority of new players will go to more modern MMO's, majority of players now are people who have played the game before and have returned.

This new experience is directly tied to old players who have done the old content before. This huge development change was NOTin the slightest to improve on leveling experience for new players at all. Majority of new players leave when there is too much challenge and not enough award at the beginning of the game.

This is a business tactic many falling mmo's have taken in the past when there is now only a dedicated playerbase. The sub count is likely to be under 2 million at the moment based on account activity found on 3rd party websites. Majority of that 2 million is actually still Chinese subscribers. Majority of Europe and the Americas have quit WoW and maybe only come back for 2-3 months at the beginning of an expansion.

This entire HUGE development change was to make money selling boost from the store. There is a dedicated playerbase to make money from and little money to be made from new players.

As another example why would they lock BFA content behind Legion reputations? The reach reputation honestly taking over 2 months of grinding reputation. It's because they are focusing on active players now and not at all new players. If they wanted to attract new players these changes are maybe the worst thing they can do to the game period.

And they will not change the leveling experience at all. Because regardless you people playing now are going to play anyway. They honestly know you are not going to quit. They know if you make a new allied race you might just boost it instead. They fully know their playbase and know they can get away with this. None of the dedicated players will quit, they are only likely to spend more money.
    Last edited by mmoc2d9bdf7f11; 2018-01-18 at 09:47 AM.

Try reading between the lines or, you know, continue mindlessly defending others. You seem good at that. That's adorable, was it reddit that taught you that? They're keen on using pretentious nonsense like that to weasel their way out of arguments. If you plan to apply that then you might as well avoid starting or engaging in conversations.
    You have no self-awareness, do you?

Try reading between the lines or, you know, continue mindlessly defending others. You seem good at that. That's adorable, was it reddit that taught you that? They're keen on using pretentious nonsense like that to weasel their way out of arguments. If you plan to apply that then you might as well avoid starting or engaging in conversations.
    You still seem like you have no clue what an argument is. If I make a claim like "I know God exists", the onus is on me to supply the proof (arguments), because I've made a positive claim. I can't just say "disprove me".

The truth of your claim is not contingent upon what other people fail to disprove.

On topic though, the leveling experience is a part of the game, no matter how many times you've completed it. It is a welcomed change in my opinion.

Deleted
    my only problem is now healing doesnt feel like you need to know when or how to use your spells. It's spam! spam! and spam to keep that damned tank from becoming a blood stain on the ground, despell? nope sorry cannot waste time on that, Crit heal "yes i might get a chance to despell or heal an other player"

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Because Blizzard has stated themselves they are more worried about subscriber retention and whales.

Stop trying to pretend they are some kind of ignoble corporation. They want your money and by extension your time in place of your money.
    Duh. Then that perfectly explains why they did this: for a better new player experience. Which is what they have said outright about the leveling scaling revamp. I'm asking specifically about the claim there aren't lots of new players. Maybe there are lots of new players but they didn't stick around long because leveling was 1-shotting dungeon bosses and getting yelled at by veterans for being slow.

do what i do. get a buddy to boost you. quick way of getting out of this messy new leveling sistem
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

you all keep saying its "good for new players" "its relevant for new players" etc. etc. How many new players do you honestly think there are in game ? the game is _13_ years old. There are hardly ANYONE who hasn't tried the game at this time and think. Oh, what a lovely game i have no opinions about, lets try it. Those new players you keep talking about hardly exists. These leveling changes MAINLY affect old players, and old players do not want a longer leveling experience.

This level scaling is more or less the exact same as before patch. Mobs just die slower, its not harder, its slower. Its not more challenging. its just more of a dmg sponge.

i pulled 7 mobs as a shadow priest. Did i lose more health then before 7.3.5, yes, was i ever in the risk of dying ? no. Not even remotely

Quote Originally Posted by Sarlix516 View Post
    took me 3-4hours to get to level 20, was absolutely awesome. I actually feel accomplished just to get to level 20 than I have done getting to 110 xD
    It's somewhat depressing to realize that taking 3-4 hours to reach level 20 is now a massively noticeable INCREASE over what was the case a short time ago.

I remember when reaching lvl 20 was what you did over a whole week-end

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, get a grip. As it so happens I actually agree with your assertion that WoW has very few new players. But unless you can substantiate that claim, it remains baseless. Your tactic of trying to deflect the responsibility onto others to provide counter-evidence when you, who made the initial claim, have failed to provide any evidence in the first place, has been called out by many so far and rightly so.

TL;DR: Stop deflecting and provide substantiation for your claim. And stop accusing others of trying to "weasel their way out of arguments" when it's patently clear that that's precisely what you're doing!

Have you leveled a character yet? If not, how many are you planning to level? How long do you think you'll be able to tolerate the same content we've had for years now but drawn out greatly?
    Leveling a druid at the moment. I already have 5 other characters at maximum level. Naturally as with any game, it will tire me out. I don't expect all the content to be exciting at all times, but for now, its refreshing and new, because I actually have to engage mobs in a meaningful way. Even with heirlooms, I can actually get killed while leveling.

I've not even experienced the "new" Cataclysm revamp, because you'd blow through zones faster than you could complete them. Now I'm level 26 and chilling in Darkshore.