Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    So you're saying that when it's about content YOU like, then it being an option to skip the journey to the rewards is not ok, but when it's for someone else's fun, it should be?
    No, it's about content that is RELEVANT. Old story I have done before is not relevant content to me. Nothing about the levelling system makes you OP compared to anyone else at the start of a new expac's content. You are going to be getting the same gear while levelling through THAT content that is current and relevant now.

So again, why should you be forced to watch All 6 star wars movies you have seen multiple times just to go and see the new movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Not going to lie, I don't like it.
    I'm sorry but leveling is just one big tutorial for the end game and now they made it so much slower.
    On top of that those idiots removed the elixirs that gave increased experience and a damn boost costs 60 euro, so damn expensive.
    Nothing is forcing you to buy the boost.

And no it's not "much slower". It's slower but let's not start spreading misinformation and saying we've gone back to Wrath/Vanilla levels of slow.

Nor is it faster as some people like to claim.

I swear the definition of what is a grind these days changes. To me a grind is what Everquest, PSO and FF11 were in terms of leveling.

This is casual as hell compared to that. Hell Vanilla was casual as hell compared to those 3 games I listed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SethRoguen View Post
    Dude it has nothing to do with self centeredness. Maybe some of us embrace it as the best thing ever because we enjoy doing the content and have it be relevant at the same time. Whats fun about going in to the barrens at 110 and pulling the entire zone and not taking any damage? It sure as hell wasnt fun going into a dungeon and maybe getting 1 spell off before the group was dead. Whats the point of playing a game if its that easy?

Maybe people like you are the ones who are self centered because you liked it the way it was before, so to hell with all of us and what we enjoy. I know this isnt true at all, im just pointing out the stupidity of calling people self centered for enjoying the changes that were made.

I admit its not perfect and maybe a decent compromise would be them toning down the mob health and exp changes a little bit to appease those who arent happy. Who knows if they will though
    We are literally saying give us the OPTION through Heirlooms. You are the ones who want to force us into this levelling system.
    Last edited by mmocd2f4dc063e; 2018-01-18 at 11:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    It's not challenging in any way or manner whatsoever. You're just spamming the 2-4 rotational abilities you get by level 20 for 90 levels, except it takes 10 hours longer on average unless you speed run or get people to carry you through dungeons.

Watching people without heirlooms spend 45 seconds pressing 1,2,3 1,2,3, 1,2,3 over and over again to kill a single mob (and god forbid the quest 'boss' mobs) certainly looks unfun as fuck, but even with heirlooms it's sluggish and pretty unfun as far as gameplay goes.

Sort of sad that the classes are incomplete messes until artifact weapons. Even then, most specs can't even function without it being fully unlocked.
    That's quite funny since heirlooms have been scaled down and most items are actually higher than heirlooms most of the time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nothing is forcing you to buy the boost.

And no it's not "much slower". It's slower but let's not start spreading misinformation and saying we've gone back to Wrath/Vanilla levels of slow.

Nor is it faster as some people like to claim.

I swear the definition of what is a grind these days changes. To me a grind is what Everquest, PSO and FF11 were in terms of leveling.

This is casual as hell compared to that. Hell Vanilla was casual as hell compared to those 3 games I listed.
    A grind is doing something over and over again you dislike doing......which is what levelling to current content is. And no, current content doesn't mean to Mythic Antorus. It means to Legion lvl 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    A grind is doing something over and over again you dislike doing......which is what levelling to current content is. And no, current content doesn't mean to Mythic Antorus. It means to Legion lvl 100.
    Leveling to 100 is in no way near a grind. It can be done in a few days at most even on this new system.

Grind also implies the time involved as well. It's not that time consuming anymore.

Grind also does not imply you have to dislike it either. I enjoyed grinding in a few games.

Leveling is the whole point of an RPG.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I am 63 atm on my Aff Lock. While i don't really hate the change it is pretty boring. Running around Hellfire i have to fully dot and sould drain and a half to kill mob now. It is the same thing only slower. I guess i don't have to jump to another zone half way through i guess.. whoopty doo. I am fully loom'ed and enchanted up. It must be horrendous without those things.

Did they not say years ago than only 30% of players make it past level 10? Seems odd they would make it just as annoying as it was back then.
    Thing I've noticed so far, I'm getting several item levels better items than heirlooms. Especially from dungeons (getting a chestpiece with 15 ilvls more than my loom and 3 sockets on it). It might even be better to swap and use them instead of looms if they provide significant damage boost.

They way they implemented the levl scaling was for a couple reasons . To increase the MAU/DAU metric and to sell more $60 level boosts. Thats it. They didnt listen to any of the PTR feedback. They ignored the issues and rushed out this Patch again.

They didnt make Questiong engaging fun or meaningful. They just made it tedious and drawn out. When you gain a level, you should get a feeling of getting stronger. With this system you dont. You feel like you are stagnant and that does not make people want to continue. No wonder so many people are cancelling subs. They could have just fiddled with the XP but in true Blizzard fashion they took a sledge hammer to a system that only needed a light tap.

They need to fire Ion ASAP
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    Leveling to 100 is in no way near a grind.

Grind also implies the time involved as well. It's not that time consuming anymore.

Roleplaying is the whole point of an RPG actually. It's right there in the name.

Also yes, it's long and is a grind.

You are also ignoring my Bioware example. They allow you to make the choices from DA1 and 2 so you can jump right into Inquisition instead of having to replay them over again for the 10th time.

Roleplaying is the whole point of an RPG actually. It's right there in the name.

Also yes, it's long and is a grind.
    No it really isn't. A few days is not long nor is it a grind.

A month is long and a grind. I somehow doubt it's taking people a month to hit 100 unless they are spending about 24 days sitting at level 1 RPing in Goldshire.

Leveling to 100 is in no way near a grind. It can be done in a few days at most even on this new system.

Grind also does not imply you have to dislike it either. I enjoyed grinding in a few games.

Dude you are one of the biggest Blizzard shills and Whiteknights on the board , next to Jaylock.
    Warcarft has not been a Rpg in a while now . Level should give you a sense of progression and accomplishment. What they have done does not do that. It causes frustration and boredom . Blizzard no longer knows how to make this game fun and enjoyable

Deleted
    No it really isn't. A few days is not long nor is it a grind.

A month is long and a grind. I somehow doubt it's taking people a month to hit 100 unless they are spending about 24 days sitting at level 1 RPing in Goldshire.
    2-3 hours a night max = No way you are getting to max lvl in 2-4 days. People have these things called lives. This also doesn't account for the innumerable new allied races they will be implementing over the years from now on, where you are forced to relevel to get the heritage armour.

We are literally saying give us the OPTION through Heirlooms. You are the ones who want to force us into this levelling system.
    You mean something like boosting the bonus exp to match the changes they made? That's actually a good idea, try getting a blue response to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Dude you are one of the biggest Blizzard shills and Whiteknights on the board , next to Jaylock.
    Warcarft has not been a Rpg in a while now . Level should give you a sense of progression and accomplishment. What they have done does not do that. It causes frustration and boredom . Blizzard no longer knows how to make this game fun and enjoyable
    Yes sure I am. If you say so.

Let's ignore where I was critical of Legion shall we?

God forbid I don't agree with someone on a topic. How dare I!

Now if you want to discuss the topic I'm happy to but let's not start throwing the "white knight" stuff around because I won't bother responding. I'm happy to discuss and I've even been critical on this topic.

2-3 hours a night max = No way you are getting to max lvl in 2-4 days. People have these things called lives. This also doesn't account for the innumerable new allied races they will be implementing over the years from now on, where you are forced to relevel to get the heritage armour.
    You cant talk sense to this guy. He is a big Blizzard Whiteknight. They can do no wrong. I often wonder if he is not a paid Blizzard employee

No, it's about content that is RELEVANT. Old story I have done before is not relevant content to me. Nothing about the levelling system makes you OP compared to anyone else at the start of a new expac's content. You are going to be getting the same gear while levelling through THAT content that is current and relevant now.

So again, why should you be forced to watch All 6 star wars movies you have seen multiple times just to go and see the new movie?
    No one is forcing you to redo the 1-110 leveling on your druid to start 110_120 for BfA. We were talking about a guy that was complaining about his 15th alt.

Not really.

That heritage armor is for transmog. You are free to boost it if you wish. It has no impact on stats if you do not get it.

And right now we can't really gauge it. We need to see it from people who have done the leveling.

From my experience on the PTR I was a day or 2 more than I was on live. And that included the day I messed around in Vashj'ir because I always like that zone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    No one is forcing you to redo the 1-110 leveling on your druid to start 110_120 for BfA. We were talking about a guy that was complaining about his 15th alt.
    Except if I want to use any of the heritage armour and allied races, I do in fact need to level 6 new characters. And that's just BfA allied races, they are adding more they said.

So that's another 6 times at least going through the same zones and same storylines I have done 15 times already.

They should have made the heritage armour the rep bonus reward, and just have the allied races be unlocked after the story requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    You cant talk sense to this guy. He is a big Blizzard Whiteknight. They can do no wrong. I often wonder if he is not a paid Blizzard employee
    So you are ignoring that I've been critical of Legion then?

Titanforging is stupid and it should have always been 6 ilvls Warforging because that actually feels like a bonus, Legendaries are godawful and some literally make or break specs, some of the zones were bland and boring aka Stormheim and Broken Shore, Broken Shore got quite stale after a while because it felt like I didn't need to go there after my class mount unless the Emissary was up and hell I could go on.

So do explain where I'm "white knighting" as you put it. I don't agree on one topic and that suddenly makes me a "white knight" does it?

Now I will ask you one last time. Are you going to discuss the topic or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arrez View Post
    2shotting mobs isn't fun when you want to play the game, bub
    The game starts at 110, bub.