Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Sadly people that are happy with stuff generally tend to be happy with it and go about their business. Where as a portion of the people who aren't happy feel the need to find the biggest stage they can (the internet) and make as much noise as possible because their opinion is soooooo much more informed than anyone who disagrees.

As illustrated, quite clearly, by the OP and his first post in this topic.

I'm leveling an Arcane mage and she's killing shit in 2-3 spells. What is so unreasonable, so unfair, so broken and torturous about that?
    got me mate i think its fun personally. being able to actually use a rotation and learn a class again at early levels feels wonderful to me. one shotting things doesnt let you learn rotation or mechanics. im positive that is why the lfr people sucl so bad. if they cant lazymode it they cant play it.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    There seems to be a pervasive opinion from the defenders of the change that people level to enjoy the killing aspect of it (therefore any increase in time of attacking is fun) as if that were ironclad fact. I'd bet there are more people who do it to read new quests and lore than people who enjoy dumping 10 frostbolts into a pig to get bacon.
    Honestly I'm one of those people that enjoys actual combat in WoW just as much as the quest text and lore itself. I think WoW does a better job than any other MMO of providing a satisfying feel of combat - the way abilities feel, the sounds and impact, procs, ease of switching targets and moving them into AoE or positioning differently... all of it is so satisfying. I've played quite a few other MMOs, and why I like others (currently playing XIV as well) none of them feel as comfy and punchy as WoW's actual gameplay - and that's what kept me coming back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    You people are over exaggerating this. 10 frostbolts to kill things? Lolno. Takes 4 with heirlooms. Which is better than 1 shotting everything. Barely. My own personal biggest complaint is that they didn't up the damage that 1-90 mobs do. 1-60 needs it especially badly. Other than that it's fine.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by Akibaboy View Post
    Honestly I'm one of those people that enjoys actual combat in WoW just as much as the quest text and lore itself. I think WoW does a better job than any other MMO of providing a satisfying feel of combat - the way abilities feel, the sounds and impact, procs, ease of switching targets and moving them into AoE or positioning differently... all of it is so satisfying. I've played quite a few other MMOs, and why I like others (currently playing XIV as well) none of them feel as comfy and punchy as WoW's actual gameplay - and that's what kept me coming back.
    It simply isn't the same as it was. The massive ability pruning of the past 2 expansions have left most classes with only 2, maybe a third button to press while they're killing creatures for quests. It's dull and uninteresting whether a mob dies in 1-2 hits or 8-9 hits.

I just played from level 91 to level 97 this morning and it felt fine. I was playing a ret pally. The only problem was I haven't even finished Shadowmoon Valley yet and even had to skip one quest due to the enemies phasing out and in. Granted I am wearing full heirlooms but from what people were saying I was expecting to at least have to go through 3 of the 5 leveling zones. Seems about the same to me just takes a little longer to kill the mobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

10+ Year Old Account
    Auto attacks take about 15ish hits as a mage... so yeah.

I too leveled to 100 with this new system. It has been 23 years. My fingers are callous from clicking four buttons instead of one and my roids are inflamed from sitting the long years it took to level to 100 with this system. My eyesight is nearly gone from the light of the monitor slowly burning my retina. Also i feel my very soul has died due to the immense boredom inflicted by this now tedious game.

Why did blizzard think that it would be a good idea to make mobs take four hits to kill instead of one?
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It simply isn't the same as it was. The massive ability pruning of the past 2 expansions have left most classes with only 2, maybe a third button to press while they're killing creatures for quests. It's dull and uninteresting whether a mob dies in 1-2 hits or 8-9 hits.
    What class are you playing with 2 buttons. At 41 on my Demo lock I had 4 not counting things like drain life or talents like implosion.

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest issue as said if we're using this thread to complain about the changes is the npcs my level only hit for 3-5% of my health per hit. Shields and self heals are also over powered. this is in heirlooms though. I do think they should double the damage of all non instances nps from 1-60 and. and increases by 1.5 times for 60-90. 90-110 seems more or less fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Well... if what i hear is true and the leveling takes longer, that is absolutely the worst thing they could have done, because maybe the devs forget but 100+ levels is daunting enough by itself. Any MMO out there that i'd like to play and it told me i had to level more than 80 levels i would say: screw that. Actually, 80 is already too much. 60 is the acceptable number.

I don't even get what the point of having levels is anymore. The real game in mmo's is the end game. The leveling process is like 1% of what you will be doing and it's only use is as an introduction to class mechanics. 20 to 30 levels is more than enough for that. 100+ is just obtuse.
    The level cap needs to be nerfed soo much and then thrown out the window. It serves no purpose.
    It take literally 5-10% longer on average. The bonus exp is mostly compensated by the no longer having to change zones every other level. Calm down. It's not that bad. Just over exaggerations as usual.

- - - Updated - - -

Imho there are some improvements to be made. (We need more rotional abilities given to up between 1-60) and enemy damage needs to be increases. Potentially slightly increase the exp from quest turn ins. That being said blizzard is moving in the right direction. I hope they keep improving on the levelling experience instead of leaving it as it is and calling it quits.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    What class are you playing with 2 buttons. At 41 on my Demo lock I had 4 not counting things like drain life or talents like implosion.
    Fireball, Fire Blast on cooldown, Pyroblast on a proc. But otherwise just Fireball spam since mobs didn't seem to pose any threat.

When 7.0 launched, half of my buttons disappeared on my then level capped DK and hunter which literally became 3 button classes which I understand has only been partially rectified with artifacts. When I looked at my rogue at the time, it looked like I lost quite a few buttons, many of the control moves that actually made combat interesting.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Fireball, Fire Blast on cooldown, Pyroblast on a proc. But otherwise just Fireball spam since mobs didn't seem to pose any threat.

When 7.0 launched, half of my buttons disappeared on my then level capped DK and hunter which literally became 3 button classes which I understand has only been partially rectified with artifacts. When I looked at my rogue at the time, it looked like I lost quite a few buttons, many of the control moves that actually made combat interesting.
    Do mages not have any talents for more rotation ability’s? Or arcane or frost for more?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    same. If heirlooms gave you a huge boost to damage/health, then leveling without them could have been the 'challenging' option. Or choose heirlooms to speed through
    Honestly I enjoyed rushing through 1-60 with the power heirlooms gave. It was really fun getting levels so fast and getting so much exp for quests.
    I just didnt enjoy Outlands (fixed now cause I can go to Northrend) and the fact that I had to leave a zone halfway through the questlines cause it was green/grey.
    All my problems would be fixed with just a scaling content.

Cant have it all I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by kingj56 View Post
    Dont see the point in leveling being hard or drawn out. Its really useless as the fun content is at the end game, pvp, raids. Leveled in vanilla, bc, wrath etc. Its overrated as an experience and has ALWAYS BEEN TEDIOUS. Im glad i can make to max lvl in 2 days or less but still hate leveling. I dont even have all 110s even tho questing now really makes me feel apart of the story,at least in legion while you learn about your artifacts and classes. Still an overrated experience. In fact if you want it to be hard just take the iron man challenge. That should make things interesting for you.
    I have to beg to differ, to a certain extent. I think when Vanilla (and maybe even BC and Wrath, depending on server) was the primary content, there was no reason to rush the leveling process. I made many friends while leveling and spent close to a month each between 20-30 and 30-40. Not because I had to, I did 40-60 in under two weeks, rather because I enjoyed the people I was playing with and found things that kept me interested. Most notably, I joined my first guild during that time between 30-40 and played with a bunch of other people who were in the same level range and we would queue for AB quite a bit. We didn't get xp for battlegrounds, we just enjoyed playing with each other and there was nothing pressing about being at the level cap for the average player. In today's WoW? For sure, leveling needs to be quick and easy. There's nearly twice as many levels and the incentives of being max level versus not are incredibly daunting to anyone who would wish to take their time. So, I think leveling can have interest and value, but only when done right and only early in the lifespan of a game. WoW has changed and no one does five player elite quests or significantly challenging five mans (as all of them have been neutered), which ruins the social aspect which was once available for leveling.

So what happened to these changes making the levelling experience so much slower and all the complaints that drew?

The patch was only released on Tuesday / Wednesday morning (depending on server region) and this guy made the post on early friday morning... This thread was created only a couple of days after the patch hits so the levelling experience clearly wasn't much if any longer than before in terms of time required. Sounds like the complaints were unfounded at least on that part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol dude already at 100 and complaining lvling is slow.

Anyway, im gladly af that this hotfixes didnt screwed with the lvling peace and dungeon experience, at least from 1-60, since im lvl 27 so far and im having a blast doing quests and especially dungeons.

Also im going with 0 looms to have maximum fun lvls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akibaboy View Post
    I'd agree, really... except that the WoW forums are currently sinking beneath a tidal waves of "this game is now hard AF" "Why even try?" posts. The uber casuals are genuinely getting their asses kicked. Senior citizens are apparently canceling their subs in droves - not name calling, I've literally read over a dozen posts containing some sort of "I'm over 60"
    Part of this is that the development over the years has brought in a group of players that the original iteration simply wasn't aimed at. The MMORPG genre is, from its roots, probably dead; even modern language describes these games as "MMOs" rather than "MMORPGs". More and more the role-playing aspect is jettisoned entirely in favour of queued mini games that, all too often, bear little to no resemblance to one another in a never-ending stream of plagiarised PC theme parks.

So when something is reverted, even slightly, to how it was back in the day, there's a crowd of people who are wholly unprepared for that reversion. They react angrily, and not without justification, because they were brought into a type of game that suddenly doesn't exist.

And that sucks.

Part of Wrath's success was the explosion of the 10-man raiding scene that then spawned an excellent set of server PuG communities. Blizzard brought the bar down for group PvE content, while maintaining the hard stuff for the more dedicated players. Unfortunately, those new to World of Warcraft reacted with frustration when Cataclysm hiked the difficulty of that content and punished them by providing an experience they didn't sign on for. Worse, server PuG communities were shelved almost entirely and 25-man raiding took a massive hit because there was no benefit for the added aggravation of running a 25-man guild.

I suppose my point here, if I were to abridge it, is that World of Warcraft now caters to an abnormally broad church of players. Changes made to something that affects all of them, like levelling, will always be keenly felt and will see players decide that it's no longer the game for them.

Personally, in a game that largely funnels people to endgame group content, levelling should at least make some attempt to prepare players for the transition. That's why I support this change, but am not wholly enamoured with the execution so far. Luckily, it's not a hugely convoluted set of changes that are needed. I suppose it's a question of whether or not Blizzard feels it's a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    but god forbid you speak against the masses, the mmo-champ knowitalls and the youtube personalities all yapping about how great this all is and suddently how leveling is "fixed". like, seriously my dudes, leveling has been so shafted throughout the expansions and you really believed a scaling bandaid was going to fix it?

it's nice that you don't have to hop through zones constantly, but from what i can gather myself this is the only positive. OP makes a very good point that a lot of people are missing: wow is not the game it used to be, not by a long shot. making leveling 'slower' is not going to make leveling miraculously better, same way taking off heirlooms before didin't. it's how the game's designed that makes the early level expierience completely obsolete. honestly, with wow all content below the current expansion lvl bracket has a been obsolete and leveling has been obsolete in this game for years. they should have adapted the mastery system from gw2 or something like it ages ago tbh. the new necklace could have easily been designed around that.
    Indeed. Scaling itself is an amazing thing, but the increase in experience required to level up was completely unwarranted for.

wow ... banned after your first post

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    main issue is mobs still deal the same damage, so its nothing like vanilla where if you pulled 2 defias mages you'd die in like 4 fireballs 100-0, you pull 2 and you die in like 15 fireballs mobs still deal no damage and are no threat they just stay around longer.

i mean imagine the difference from normal raids to mythic raids was just the bosses had 200% more hp, but no extra abilities no extra damage no extra mechanics, thats' not difficult to beat at all apart from a berserk timer, mobs need the extra damage and skills to make it feel like they're a threat.
    I agree completely. Mob damage needed to at least double.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

If you enjoy using one spell 10x on the same quest NPC this patch is for you and if you don't like the new leveling experience you can just give them a few bucks and boost your character to 110!
    It's basically a win-win situation!