Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ok so you are fine with people earning it if
    " I just don't care who can get and who not."
    so again you are on the side of yes, and there is two options
    Yes you are fine with people getting it, no you are not fine
    and you chose the option yes. you do not care, so therefore you are fine with it, so therefore you are a yes. i still dont get what your getting at
    there is not a third option
    there is yes or no, and you are a yes.

And just because blizzard made the choice, does not mean we cant make the choice ourselves to say "hey blizzard dont fucking do this shit"
    If you want to put me in the "yes" category that's your choice. A person from the "no" side could use my statement for their arguments in the same way.
    I know sounds strange but I don't need to have a opinion on every topic and for me that's the third option. I won't support any of the two sides, because I just don't care about the topic itself.
    But enough rhetorical games .

Sure you can step up to Blizzard to complain about their decision, they're the right address for this.
    Insulting all SLs like sonololo did in post #311 is not the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    [MENTION=553622]... to have said new model be available to you, you must have the old model. It is literally an update for those who already have it.
    Spending resources to update a model for an old mount which only a few people have and nobody else can get is stupid and wasteful. What's so hard to understand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lqd View Post
    How can he and I also not feel offended by you? You're attacking every SL directly here.
    Yes, and I have all the right to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by lqd View Post
    Do you know what happened back in classic on my server?
    Did we ever play together?
    Do you me personally in any way?
    Who are you to judge over every SL out there?

The first three question are a "no", just because of different side of the world. Let's see what the answer to number four will be.
    Your experience is anecdotal. Even if we'll establish that you are "deserved" one, it does not make other 500's magically right, which is an overwhelming majority. You know what? Ion Hazzikostas is a transferred one.

So, get into bucket along with all others. SL is an original sin.

Quote Originally Posted by sonololo View Post
    Yes, and I have all the right to do that.

Your experience is anecdotal. Even if we'll establish that you are "deserved" one, it does not make other 500's magically right, which is an overwhelming majority. You know what? Ion Hazzikostas is a transferred one.

So, get into bucket along with all others. SL is an original sin.
    I think Ion is actually an original one, looking at the date.

- - - Updated - - -

Tactless dodge.

You just don't understand the point I'm trying to make. It's not even an argument, just calling you on your b/s because you were making fun of people who earned the mount legitimately while you just believe you should be able to have access to it without completing the achievement. There doesn't need to be a new achievement, and the mount is not radically different. It's an update for the original. C'est la vie.

Thanks, but we're not friends.
    I'm trying to understand, but you're calling out on bs that never happened.

You really don't grasp my arguments, nor any other argument. Seems you're just here to distract from the subject. Or you're seeing imps on your shoulders where there aren't any.

Please come back when you can post coherently.

What's so hard to understand that they updated the model for the Silithus quest chain, and while they were at it, the colored one black? What's so hard to understand about recoloring an already rendered texture? If you don't understand that they didn't make the model for this sole purpose, then don't comment.

This is rookie stuff.
    As someone who does 3D modeling: no.

They didn't model a new silithid tank model solely for the sake of putting it in a hive that is otherwise filled with outdated Classic models. Don't be preposterous.

Now I know you're trolling. Thoroughly roasted, goodbye.
    Alright, bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Nj blizz making a cool new mount for the 0.2% of the game
    0.2% is a bit of an over estimate.

Wow, you guys must have a very low intelligence quotient. They modeled NEW MOUNTS for the NEW QUEST CHAIN in Silithus. Here's a link since you don't understand simple things:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=277597/7...-qiraji-mounts

So as someone with a degree in graphic design that is a professional in my field, I can say with knowledge and experience, once the new model was made for the questing, it was a very, very minute task to color one black. Or red. Or blue. Or yellow.

You guys want to cry about this new Scarab Lord mount so bad. Just admit you're jealous and you're looking for any reason you can to be salty. Yarathir went as far to insult owners of the mount for how they went about legitimately earning it. Pretty pathetic.
    Weren't you going?

And no, that's a micro-event, not a questchain in Silithus as part of 7.3.5.

The fact that you're acting so conceited when you can't even get such basic facts down is amusing to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    If they compromise and upgrade the archaeology one I'll be happy
    What he said. If they upgrade the old mounts, then the blue archeology one deserves an upgrade as well. Especially since that one at least is still in the game and actually obtainable for people.

Yeah, it probably took them 5 min to recolor the versions that 100% of the players can get. What a waste of time, eh?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I remember opening AQ gates on RP server back in the old days, guild master at the time got the mount.

I think it's a nice touch.

To be butthurt over 1 mount is possibly some serious case of completionism.

Limited time content is part of MMO's, doesn't matter if this is a 2018 mount rewarded for a 2006 event.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-19 at 07:25 PM.

Deleted
    I suppose they did forget to add the 400 mount achievement again...

So you're right and WoWhead.com, MMO-C.com, and more other official WoW sites are wrong?

You quoted me, you brought me back to bless you with common sense.

So, now you're going to parrot me because you can't figure this out? Still think WoW wasted manpower and resources on a mount you're entitled to? You're pretty lucky there's moderators here, that's all I gotta say.
    MMO-C and WoWhead both say that the Call of the Scarab is a micro-event. I can confirm this with ingame knowledge. The blue and red mounts are temporary micro-event mounts.

And they sure as hell didn't update one model out of like six in a hive to make it look good in 2017/2018 because all the other models right next to it are still from Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I remember opening AQ gates on RP server back in the old days, guild master at the time got the mount.

To be butthurt over something that happened 12 years ago is just silly.
    I'm sure your guild master earned it, and not the guildies that probably put in as much, if not more, effort. :P

probably less than .2% honestly. But it's also just a Hue and Saturation change on photoshop. It took the artist 10.3 seconds to do, it's only a little nod to the scarab lord. Deal with it. The red is faster anyways...

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

I'm sure your guild master earned it, and not the guildies that probably put in as much, if not more, effort. :P
    It was an RP server, we worked toward it as a team, not individuals. He was the guildmaster/maintank/raid leader, not some greedy/entitled person.

Guild had over a dozen of grand marshal/field marshal players, and people with old-school mounts, and achievements of xxx/xxx mounts didn't exist, simpler times.

It was an RP server, we worked toward it as a team, not individuals. He was the guildmaster/maintank/raid leader, not some greedy/entitled person.

Guild had over a dozen of grand marshal/field marshal players, and people with old-school mounts, and achievements of xxx/xxx mounts didn't exist, simpler times.
    I realize, but it remains an effort of the many for the reward of the one, even if your guild master wasn't greedy. Is that not true?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I realize, but it remains an effort of the many for the reward of the one, even if your guild master wasn't greedy. Is that not true?
    A mount/title is just cosmetic, we got a lot of enjoyment out of the quest chains when it was current, some people got some weapons out of it as well. Also it was simpler times before server transfers and such existed.

That's also the mentality of why 40 man raiding worked, even with 2-3 items per boss or people needing months to complete their tier set. The game wasn't based on written achievements.

Later during Naxxramas people's true colors started to show, and people left with splinters of atiesh for example.

I read plenty of stories of bad experiences of vanilla times, but guess my realm was different as it was RP and pretty close-knit, main rivalry was only a few guilds.

As far as I know, for AQ opening there was only 1 other horde guild, and no other alliance guilds ringing the gong at that opening night. (so 1 guild per faction)
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-19 at 07:39 PM.

A mount/title is just cosmetic, we got a lot of enjoyment out of the quest chains when it was current, some people got some weapons out of it as well. Also it was simpler times before server transfers and such existed.

That's also the mentality of why 40 man raiding worked, even with 2-3 items per boss or people needing months to complete their tier set. The game wasn't based on written achievements.

Later during Naxxramas people's true colors started to show, and people left with splinters of atiesh for example.

I read plenty of stories of bad experiences of vanilla times, but guess my realm was different as it was RP and pretty close-knit.
    Well, is it just cosmetic or is there a sense of prestige there? If prestige is involved, do not all of those involved, that put in effort, technically, deserve to be rewarded for it?

I'm not trying to diminish your viewpoint. If you enjoyed it and if you don't care about it, that's great. But I'm speaking practically.

To be butthurt over 1 mount is possibly some serious case of completionism.

Limited time content is part of MMO's, doesn't matter if this is a 2018 mount rewarded for a 2006 event.
    they aren't being butthurt over something that happened nearly 12 years ago, they are being butthurt over something that is happening now to reward a few hundred people because of something that happened nearly 12 years ago. they already got their rewards for that event.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    they aren't being butthurt over something that happened nearly 12 years ago, they are being butthurt over something that is happening now to reward a few hundred people because of something that happened nearly 12 years ago. they already got their rewards for that event.
    I get that, but it depends the view point.

Is it because they want close to 100% of mounts (completionists), or just the mount itself to actually use a lot, there's a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    So, this isn't a mount update? They got a whole new mount, and they got to keep the original version? So, to be clear. You are saying that those with the Scarab Lord title (regardless of how they got it) now have 2 black quiraj battle tank mounts?
    It isn't an update or replacement. It's an addition, yes. They have two mounts and a title now.

- - - Updated - - -

I get that, but it depends the view point.

Is it because they want close to 100% of mounts (completionists), or just the mount itself to actually use a lot, there's a big difference.
    For me, two things.

One is out of principle. If it was a horse mount, or a dragon mount, I'd have thought the same: a new mount ought to be obtainable now, no matter how hard or easy.

But secondly, Qiraji happen to be my favorite mount type. That's why I got archaeology to get the blue one, and why my hunter has several tamed Silithids. :P